Ain't a Bad Place to Be

https://youtu.be/4oGbsc-uF_M

https://youtu.be/t3rKGpxNwlg
    2008 or so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    sheesh you hipster gots.
    Go to your beard shining gathering while having an organic soy.

Mouse RIP.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so you stumbled upon a Zakk Wylde cover you dig and you want someone else to validate your opinion.

I didn't listen to either but I'll probably like the updated version better.

There.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so you stumbled upon a Zakk Wylde cover you dig and you want someone else to validate your opinion.

I didn't listen to either but I'll probably like the updated version better.

There.
    I don't GAF which one you like better.
    But yes I think it's discussion worthy.
    Check back after you've heard them.
    Bear in mind the updated version has oodles of better sound quality and tweaks Zakk did to his guitar that Angus and Malcom probably never had.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't GAF which one you like better.
    But yes I think it's discussion worthy.
    Check back after you've heard them.
    Bear in mind the updated version has oodles of better sound quality and tweaks Zakk did to his guitar that Angus and Malcom probably never had.
    allright...I'll check it out later. But I don't think you can dismiss the "tweaks". If it was going to sound exactly the same, there'd be no point in a remake.
    But regardless, he's a much better guitarist so I expect it'll be reflected in the track.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I forgot about this.

Just listened to them both. I don't like the song that much anyway so I'm pretty indifferent as to which is better.
    I like the fills on cover so I guess that's my "favorite" of the two.

One thing I hadn't ever thought about until now is how much early Joe Elliott sounded like a better Bon Scott.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I find Bon Scott and Joe E to be different but, anyways righteous song:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I find Bon Scott and Joe E to be different but, anyways righteous song:
    This was their best album IMO. Then Pyromania. Once they got rid of Pete Willis for Collen, they never really sounded the same. Although Hysteria was a good album.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This was their best album IMO. Then Pyromania. Once they got rid of Pete Willis for Collen, they never really sounded the same. Although Hysteria was a good album.
    The made for TV movie by VH1 indicated a ton of alcohol abuse. Loss of arm, loss of life, tons of strife.
    Sad because I thought Pete Willis kicked ass. I mean so did Collen but, yes different.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The made for TV movie by VH1 indicated a ton of alcohol abuse. Loss of arm, loss of life, tons of strife.
    Sad because I thought Pete Willis kicked ass. I mean so did Collen but, yes different.
    I wonder what he's doing now. That's got to be damn near impossible to recover from. Watching the rest of the band have huge success and wealth and you're never heard from again.
    It'd be like having the winning lottery ticket and then losing it before you could cash in.

Edit...may he did cash in somewhat. I suppose he gets still gets royalty from those two albums.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wonder what he's doing now. That's got to be damn near impossible to recover from. Watching the rest of the band have huge success and wealth and you're never heard from again.
    It'd be like having the winning lottery ticket and then losing it before you could cash in.

Edit...may he did cash in somewhat. I suppose he gets still gets royalty from those two albums.
    I'm not into Maiden, but interesting how Pete Willis almost launched with another band that became huge:

per Wiki: He was dismissed from the band during the recording of Pyromania and was replaced by guitarist Phil Collen. He later recorded with the bands Gogmagog (with former and current members of Iron Maiden) and Roadhouse.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not into Maiden, but interesting how Pete Willis almost launched with another band that became huge:

per Wiki: He was dismissed from the band during the recording of Pyromania and was replaced by guitarist Phil Collen. He later recorded with the bands Gogmagog (with former and current members of Iron Maiden) and Roadhouse.
    I don't think that's saying he almost was in Iron Maiden.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think that's saying he almost was in Iron Maiden.
    D'oh! Pete Willis played with former members of Iron Maiden in this Gogmagog band.

But maybe they went to the Iron Maidens house for some beers or coffee afterwords.

Thread Information