Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People just think We tank and then we get next David or Timmy umm reality check once we start tanking it will be years before we good again. Most of the posters in here will probably be dead of old age before we get back to finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Boston players sure look more average on the road then they do at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Boston players sure look more average on the road then they do at home.
    Almost everyone on that team is a system player, and often players like that aren't great on the road. Only Kyrie and Hayward are close to star-level players who can deal with pressure environments where Stevens' coaching can't always penetrate. People talk up Horford, but he's above serviceable and little more, another system guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost everyone on that team is a system player, and often players like that aren't great on the road. Only Kyrie and Hayward are close to star-level players who can deal with pressure environments where Stevens' coaching can't always penetrate. People talk up Horford, but he's above serviceable and little more, another system guy.
    I agree somewhat. These guys are young in the Conference Finals on the road. Except for Horford who was horrible. I'm cutting them (Tatum, Brown, and Rozier) some slack. I still think Ainge makes a push for Kawhi offering one or two of those pieces. Kawhi is a MVP type of player. Best two way player in the league.

If he can add Kawhi to the Celtics he will. Of course this all depends on if the Spurs and Kawhi don't come to an agreement and if they feel Kawhi is healthy. Just my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving LMA (and 18) for Marc is not about Marc but about 4th pick. Marc’s deal is also a year shorter, so there’s that.

Leonard’s is a separated deal around Fultz, Saric, and 10, which many of us have raised in here already.
    I'd much rather keep Murray, 18th and LMA and move Kawhi for Fultz, Saric, Covington, Lakers Pick, and Parsekniks. Spurs would have the young prospects they need to rebuild without necessarily bottoming out and still being a team that can win 40 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why Memphis does that if they are closer to a rebuild than championship contention? They've got many other bloated contracts with Conley and Chandler Parson.
    If we want to tank and they want to push for the playoffs tbey send Chandler instead of Marc and we buy him out. If we want to be compe ive (and we might with the young draft picks) then we push for Marc to be included.
    Conley-3 years, $97 Million remaining
    Parsons-2 years, $49 Million remaining
    Gasol-2 years, $49.7 Million remaining
    ---------------------------------------------
    $195.7 paid out over the next three seasons.

They could use that pick to try and attach with one of those three players in a deal but they have really no young assets and their 2018 pick is owed to Boston, which is probably a lottery pick and has decent chance of conveying unless they tank.

For Memphis' sake, they should absolutely use the 4th pick. I would keep the pick, see how things go next season and if the wheels fall off- then tank and try to keep their 2018 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather keep Murray, 18th and LMA and move Kawhi for Fultz, Saric, Covington, Lakers Pick, and Parsekniks. Spurs would have the young prospects they need to rebuild without necessarily bottoming out and still being a team that can win 40 games.
    The thing is, if LMA wants out, you really have to trade him, at some point. All of us remember disinterested, disengaged LMA from 2016-2017. No one wants that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. The Spurs panicked when prior problem children wanted out (Rodman and Derek Anderson). As a result, they only got Will Perdue and a damaged Steve Smith back.

Hold on to your cards, RC.
    I thought we got Steve Kerr back in the trade for Anderson No? I think Steve Smith was a FA signing?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we got Steve Kerr back in the trade for Anderson No? I think Steve Smith was a FA signing?
    Nah it was Smith for DA + Kerr. The Spurs traded Antonio Daniels to Portland the next year to get Kerr back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah it was Smith for DA + Kerr. The Spurs traded Antonio Daniels to Portland the next year to get Kerr back.
    Ahh that's right.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Spurs will trade LMA now that he's at his highest value (compared to last year at this very time). They will do this by mostly giving him away for little - possibly making the other team take on Gasol's contract. They will move away from big line-ups.

They will keep Kawhi somehow and try to get Lebron.

It's possible the strategy is to keep Kawhi and free up cap to do the above. All the other pieces except TP and Manu are fair game. This is in my view the end game play they are considering now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston in conf finals wout any star player.... yet you bums cry about more help.

Sad nba

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Spurs will trade LMA now that he's at his highest value (compared to last year at this very time). They will do this by mostly giving him away for little - possibly making the other team take on Gasol's contract. They will move away from big line-ups.

It's possible the strategy is to keep Kawhi and free up cap to do the above. All the other pieces except TP and Manu are fair game. This is in my view the end game play they are considering now.
    ???

It would be pretty easy to move away from big lineups when you dump the only two bigs on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

It would be pretty easy to move away from big lineups when you dump the only two bigs on the roster.
    Your center doesn't need to be an All-star anymore in this league. Is Clint Capela a super star? no - he's just good enough to help the other stars on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, if LMA wants out, you really have to trade him, at some point. All of us remember disinterested, disengaged LMA from 2016-2017. No one wants that.
    If he does, then that's a different story but I haven't heard anything besides some poster's sauces.

If Phoenix is interested in both LMA and Kawhi then moving both there, while being a ing show, would allow the Spurs to jump-start the rebuild

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
    Tyson Chandler (Expiring)
    T.J Warren (Decent player on a pretty good deal)
    Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
    16th Pick
    31st Pick

Possible Roster for 2018-2019 (in this scenario);

Murray
    Parker
    Mills
    Doncic
    16th Pick
    31st Pick
    18th Pick (probably unlikely Spurs would have 4 rookies on the team in any scenario)
    Chandler
    Gasol
    Anderson
    Green?
    Gay?
    Warren
    Bertans
    Bender
    White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your center doesn't need to be an All-star anymore in this league. Is Clint Capela a super star? no - he's just good enough to help the other stars on the team.
    I'd say he's definitely above average and fits the team's needs like a glove. Steve Adams isn't a superstar or an all-star but he is pretty damn good.

I would say teams can get by with a mediocre center, depending on what they provide and the talent around them. If a team just needs someone to crash the glass, set good on and off ball screens and roll to the basket, then sure, but having players like Adams and Capela, who can do those things plus protect the basket and anchor a defense is obviously better to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi and his Uncle Denis "the Menace" Robertson apparently believe that the Spurs were falling behind GSW following winning 61 games and a WCF run, moving Aldridge and keeping Kawhi to open up roster space for Lebron to possible come doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Also teams won't have cap space to take on $38 million in salary, maybe Phoenix, if we take back Chandler's expiring to help offset some of the money but i'm not sure what we could return, the 16th Pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he does, then that's a different story but I haven't heard anything besides some poster's sauces.

If Phoenix is interested in both LMA and Kawhi then moving both there, while being a ing show, would allow the Spurs to jump-start the rebuild

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
    Tyson Chandler (Expiring)
    T.J Warren (Decent player on a pretty good deal)
    Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
    16th Pick
    31st Pick

Possible Roster for 2018-2019 (in this scenario);

Murray
    Parker
    Mills
    Doncic
    16th Pick
    31st Pick
    18th Pick (probably unlikely Spurs would have 4 rookies on the team in any scenario)
    Chandler
    Gasol
    Anderson
    Green?
    Gay?
    Warren
    Bertans
    Bender
    White
    If you do that deal you e got to get Josh Jackson as well.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how people still fall for news formatted this way but O’Connor just made a few bucks reporting and stating the obvious. I understand there’s skepticism about how things played out with the roster last year but any GM would balk at underwhelming trade offers. His take offers nothing new, nothing most Spurs fans didn’t know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how people still fall for news formatted this way but O’Connor just made a few bucks reporting and stating the obvious. I understand there’s skepticism about how things played out with the roster last year but any GM would balk at underwhelming trade offers. His take offers nothing new, nothing most Spurs fans didn’t know.
    The difference is MOST everyone is reporting otherwise; that SA will/has to move Kawhi by the draft because they can’t afford to have thing linger on another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and his Uncle Denis "the Menace" Robertson apparently believe that the Spurs were falling behind GSW following winning 61 games and a WCF run, moving Aldridge and keeping Kawhi to open up roster space for Lebron to possible come doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Also teams won't have cap space to take on $38 million in salary, maybe Phoenix, if we take back Chandler's expiring to help offset some of the money but i'm not sure what we could return, the 16th Pick?
    Fair points - the 18th pick could add some value, no questions about that. I think the Spurs have a couple bad contracts that they need to squeeze in somehow. I don't believe the Spurs need to blow it up, nor I believe they'll do that. So they know they can't stay put - they need to do something. It's plausible one of the 2 stars will be traded. I don't see it any other way at least for 2018-2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if the Spurs decide not to trade him and let him play out his contract and leave as a free agent, he loses millions he will feel for years to come. And if he isn't healthy next year or doesn't play like an all-star, he will really lose $$$$.
    He loses money. What do the Spurs get? That money the player loses? Other player? They don't get anything.

So if the Spurs don't give him an extension nor trade him, he'll leave in FA. I wouldn't call it an option if both sides lose.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He loses money. What do the Spurs get? That money the player loses? Other player? They don't get anything.

So if the Spurs don't give him an extension nor trade him, he'll leave in FA. I wouldn't call it an option if both sides lose.
    Change your avatar and your fake quote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s on Kawhi though. There comes a point if Kawhi is holding SA hostage that the ONLY option is to let him walk even if that hurts both people. SA can at least show other players that they don’t play that and it’s not like SA isn’t winning the PR battle.

They have tremendous relationships with teams and executives across the league; head coaches in many other franchises. They will understand why SA did what they did and so will agents who know Kawhi is being repped by someone that appears to be in well over his head if we are to believe the reports of him not having an agency or any other Nba players he’s repping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so now Spurstalk posters know more than “league execs?”
    About whats going on with kawhi and the spurs?? We most definitely do! The execs are clearly just speculating if u read the article

Thread Information