Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I thought those last 3 minutes of the game, the Celtics played some of the most re ed ball I've seen. I only recall Jayson Tatum getting the ball once or twice after he got them the lead. His re ed teammates tried to be heroes after getting offensive rebounds, they just kept jacking up questionable three point after questionable three point shot. They didn't even bother passing the ball more than once on most of those shots.

Identify who your superstar is, and live or die with him in those last 3 minutes of the game. Tatum was playing awesome and he should have got the ball more. His stupid teammates just jacked up silly shot after silly shot after they were fortunate enough to get those offensive rebounds. They completely squandered all the good they had done up to that point in those last 3 minutes of the game. Maybe the moment got to them, but maybe that supercoach should have also called a timeout and reminded them on how to play the game.
    Last edited by Ice009; 05-28-2018 at 04:02 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Maybe the occasion finally got to them.

There was a nice article on The Ringer regarding the West Finals, but which I think applies in this case as well. Once a series has gone 6 or 7 games, often the defense has figured out every set and play that the offense likes to run. At that point it's pretty much isoball v. isoball, and the team with the best player wins.

In addition to LeBron being the best player, the Celtics still don't want to live or die with Tatum, as Ice said^.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    How is that BS? There's 80-90 playoff games a year. Watch most of them for 15 years and that's well over a thousand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't use Horford nearly enough

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yes, but he made a couple, and he didn't singlehandedly chuck them out. The problem for Houston last night was mainly the turnovers. They should have had that game won by halftime last night had they even played an average clean game. Should have been up 25+. They squandered such a golden opportunity.
    Turnovers and bench. D'Antoni was too stubborn to spot his shortened rotation a few minutes. Nene could do a fine Capela impersonation if you limit him to 10-15 minutes. Why else is he even on an NBA roster if he can't even play a few minutes? You're just buying time, not changing your rotation. Ryan Anderson is a 3-point chucker, find him a few minutes in the second and third. They should have, at worst, lost by 15 Saturady, not 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that BS? There's 80-90 playoff games a year. Watch most of them for 15 years and that's well over a thousand.
    I explained it already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like there's a poster who could school us on this Avante
    Clarence "Mudbone" Washington ran the 40 in under 4. They called him Yeti because he had handles on the outside and was cold as on the inside.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turnovers and bench. D'Antoni was too stubborn to spot his shortened rotation a few minutes. Nene could do a fine Capela impersonation if you limit him to 10-15 minutes. Why else is he even on an NBA roster if he can't even play a few minutes? You're just buying time, not changing your rotation. Ryan Anderson is a 3-point chucker, find him a few minutes in the second and third. They should have, at worst, lost by 15 Saturady, not 29.
    Hilario and Anderson are quality NBA rotation players. WTF. I don't like Pop for his politics, but that's one thing I side with him on over Danton'tni.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I know Brad Stevens loves him and so do his teammates. And I know he seems to make those timely plays. But Marcus Smart is a bag offensive player. Yeah he’s tough and plays hard. And he has an edge to him Boston seems to admire. But he’s just not a good offensive player, especially in crunch time. Because when it comes down to it, if you’re the defense, you leave him alone and focus on, shade, double, trap the better scorers with his defender. Stevens left Smart in the game too long. When he finally brought Rozier back, I think he still left Smart in the game. And Rozier was out of rhythm and he started to look to chuck as well.

For all his faults, in a close elimination game like that, especially when you’re down, you want Kyrie’s offense over the trash Marcus Smart brings to the table.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone would argue that Kyrie would have brought something extra to the table. It's debatable with Hayward because Brown and Tatum stepped up a lot during the season, but Smart and Rozier for all their effort are nowhere near Kyrie's class.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone would argue that Kyrie would have brought something extra to the table. It's debatable with Hayward because Brown and Tatum stepped up a lot during the season, but Smart and Rozier for all their effort are nowhere near Kyrie's class.
    Smart and Rozier are choking chuckers.

Your signature is pretty awesome, though. Even today. The "marketable and talented" player is dead, and the "overhyped foreign prospect" is still going strong in the NBA today. Holy .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That was the Sports Illustrated report on the 98 Draft. Quite amazing when you think about it, for Dirk of course. For The Tractor, it's of course a tragic personal story that I wish on no one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Brad Stevens loves him and so do his teammates. And I know he seems to make those timely plays. But Marcus Smart is a bag offensive player. Yeah he’s tough and plays hard. And he has an edge to him Boston seems to admire. But he’s just not a good offensive player, especially in crunch time. Because when it comes down to it, if you’re the defense, you leave him alone and focus on, shade, double, trap the better scorers with his defender. Stevens left Smart in the game too long. When he finally brought Rozier back, I think he still left Smart in the game. And Rozier was out of rhythm and he started to look to chuck as well.

For all his faults, in a close elimination game like that, especially when you’re down, you want Kyrie’s offense over the trash Marcus Smart brings to the table.
    Rozier was like 2 for 14 and 0-10 from 3. Smart was 1-10. Yeah huge improvement there.

They both went hero. They both saw the moment slip away, got too high on the lead, got too low when they gave up the lead. They both lost trust in their team despite all the pla udes they spew about trusting their team. Tatum should have had the ball on every possession at least once. They froze him out over and over. They deserved to lose. Stevens was complicit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to get some analysis on 1960s ball, buddy..when did they learn to use their other hand to dribble a ball?
    Klay Thompson is still learning to dribble a his strong hand.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Klay Thompson is still learning to dribble a his strong hand.
    but he's better than Kawhi...

Thread Information