Page 220 of 745 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't heard anything about Kawhi from Jabari that would seem like he has insider sources still as of recent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just play hard ball with kawhi, tell him he's not gonna see any playing time if he's not sign extension, could he afford himself another year without playing? If he leaves at the end and we missed out on kuzma so be it...
    I've always maintained that Ingram is the better young player available over anything that the Celtics and 76ers can offer, outside Ben Simmons of course. Spurs net Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and picks, that's good spot. Randle is a no though. Flipping ball for Jackson for example solidified our wing rotation for years. Although I think Ball in SA system is a dream prospect to have, if only his dad wasn't his dad. Then you let Gasol and green contract run out next season and you got abilty to max Klay for example in 2019.
    I like Ingram myself too but, I see it a little differently. I think he has a higher ceiling than any of those guys you mentioned but, I do think his floor is lower. With his handle, length, and shot I could see him being a leader on a championship team one day but, with what's between his ears and his frailty I could see him being a bust as well.

In the end, I'd be fine with him as a main guy in a trade but there needs to be something better than lonzo and kuz to make a deal. I need something with a high floor or another guy with a high ceiling to put next to him to make me pull the trigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly

, I'd think the Spurs should consider a Lakers deal BUT FIRST Kawhi needs to apologize and correct the record publicly

His greater sphere of reps and sources have defamed the Spurs, smeared their character, ruined their reputation and cost the franchise millions upon millions of dollars and destroyed their future

He wants the Lakers?

Let's see him beg on TV. Let's see a sit down interview where he admits he quit on the team and admits he could have played but chose not to. Admit there's nothing wrong with the medical staff and front office. Admit the Spurs treated him ABOVE AND BEYOND GREAT. But that he's now looking to put it all behind him and join the Lakers with nothing but love and respect for Pop and the Spurs

Let's see that first

And after that ... Still sit him out.
    Savage. Me likey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because you're a got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's laughable at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the false sense of urgency. What part of under contract don't you understand?
    Yep. Ride his ass right up until 11:59PM in February.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Ingram myself too but, I see it a little differently. I think he has a higher ceiling than any of those guys you mentioned but, I do think his floor is lower. With his handle, length, and shot I could see him being a leader on a championship team one day but, with what's between his ears and his frailty I could see him being a bust as well.

In the end, I'd be fine with him as a main guy in a trade but there needs to be something better than lonzo and kuz to make a deal. I need something with a high floor or another guy with a high ceiling to put next to him to make me pull the trigger.

I think Ball is the prospect here, even if he doesn't play for the Spurs. There are teams like Suns, Magic, Bucks, Pistons, Hornets, and Knicks whom are all looking for long term prospects at the PG position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a Trump supporter, couldnt stand all that crap from Pop and he was this close to punch him in the face, now he wants to leave the team in a pacifist fashion.

Pop on the other hand is old and all his life has been stubborn, now he lost his wife and must handle this kind of situations that are not a good match to his persona, Kawhi has become a personal offense and a mission to him, pretty sure he is making holes in photos having Kiwi´s autistic face.

Kawhi kindled the flame, pretty sure Pop feels like alive and full of strength.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing we know for sure, for all of the “only the Lakers or bust” crowd, is that SA has offers from PHI, BOS and LAC. So other teams have offers out there. Nothing obviously blowing the socks off, but there is legit interest even with Kawhi saying he will walk to LA for Kawhi.
    Where is this coming from, other teams having offers for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a Trump supporter, couldnt stand all that crap from Pop and he was this close to punch him in the face, now he wants to leave the team in a pacifist fashion.

Pop on the other hand is old and all his life has been stubborn, now he lost his wife and must handle this kind of situations that are not a good match to his persona, Kawhi has become a personal offense and a mission to him, pretty sure he is making holes in photos having Kiwi´s autistic face.

Can we leave make believe out of this.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    after dealing with uncle dennis i’m sure the spurs are just dying to deal with lavar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Ball actually pan out? I didn't pay attention to the lakers at all last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10y ago this y

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...P2536420080209

San Antonio coach says trades turn up pressure on Spurs

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The trades that sent Pau Gasol to the Los Angeles Lakers and Shaquille O’Neal to the Phoenix Suns have turned the pressure up on the NBA champion San Antonio Spurs, their coach said on Friday

“It’s tough for everybody,” Gregg Popovich told reporters about the compe ion in the Western Conference before his team’s game on Friday against the New York Knicks.

“Its been tough, but this makes it tougher on everybody. It’s a good thing, it’s really great for the league. It will drive the coaches crazy, but what great compe ion.”
    Popovich said he thought the Suns made a worthy gamble by dealing Shawn Marion to the Miami Heat for aging center Shaquille O’Neal, but could not understand how Los Angeles wound up prying Gasol away from the Memphis Grizzlies.
    The Lakers acquired the 27-year-old Spanish center without giving up a key player, as Memphis freed up salary cap space and got first-round picks in 2008 and 2010 in the swap.

“The move is great for LA,” said Popovich.
    “What they were thinking in Memphis is beyond comprehension. There should be a law, a trade committee that can scratch off trades that make no sense.”
    The race in the West was tight even before the trades.
    San Antonio, 31-16 entering Friday’s game, was in third place in the Southwest Division behind Dallas and New Orleans, both at 33-15 and fourth best overall in the conference just narrowly ahead of Utah (32-18) and the Lakers (31-17).
    “I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I’d like to elect myself to that committee and I would’ve voted ‘nay’ on the LA trade.”
    Of the Suns’ move, Popovich said: “I give them a lot of credit for thinking out of the box, deciding they had to do things differently. They deserve credit for that.”

Popovich said he expected the Suns, who have relied on a fastbreak attack that does not seem to suit the lumbering O’Neal, to figure out how to use him effectively.
    “I have no doubt they’ll figure it out and use it to their advantage,” he said.
    Popovich said he did not think the other teams were trying to find a way to match up against the Spurs.
    “I don’t think anybody has ever feared us.
    “I just think they want their team to be as good as it could possibly be.
    “If we can make a trade that makes our team better before the trade deadline we’ll do it, but we’re not necessarily doing it to play with LA or Phoenix or anybody else.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always maintained that Ingram is the better young player available over anything that the Celtics and 76ers can offer, outside Ben Simmons of course.
    I agree on Ingram. I think he will have a breakout year and with his length and athletism, he can be a great defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Ball actually pan out? I didn't pay attention to the lakers at all last year.
    Ball was a big hit.

He led the Lakers to the draft lottery with their best record in five years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ball is the prospect here, even if he doesn't play for the Spurs. There are teams like Suns, Magic, Bucks, Pistons, Hornets, and Knicks whom are all looking for long term prospects at the PG position.
    If ball brings the right package I'm good with it but, the Lakers need to be the one to trade him and send those assets to us so we don't get caught in the lavar circus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Philadelphia 76ers and LA Clippers are among teams who have made offers to the Spurs for Leonard, league sources said. The Lakers, the franchise Leonard wants to be traded to, did not have an encouraging initial conversation with the Spurs, ESPN reported recently."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-kawhi-leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supertax? Stop with the politics ducks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sides have contact, but Celtics remain far away from landing Kawhi Leonard

Steve Bulpett Wednesday, June 27, 2018

If the San Antonio Spurs get serious about trading Kawhi Leonard, the Celtics, according to multiple league sources, would like to be involved. But there has been nothing yet to indicate they have a realistic chance.

A Western Conference source with an interest in the proceedings told the Herald the Spurs did have a brief discussion with the Celts today, but there was no real negotiation. It was the first contact between the teams since before the draft, but even those talks did not include the C’s making an offer. That brief call, according to two league sources, went nowhere.

San Antonio has been checking the marketplace to see what kind of return it could get on Leonard, but it’s hard to see things working out with the Celtics under the current cir stances of the All-Star forward’s health and future plans.

As noted in a recent Herald story, the Celts would need assurances that Leonard’s quadriceps injury is healed and that he would be willing to stay with the team beyond next year. Leonard can opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent after the 2018-19 season. He played in just nine games this season because of the quad problem, and questions about whether he could and should have played more strained his relationship with the Spurs.

Therefore, logic says anything the Celtics would be willing to give up at this stage would have to be reflective of those issues. That likely wouldn’t be enough for the Spurs.
    It’s not believed the Celts are willing to move either Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown, and whether they’d put the 2019 Sacramento first round pick (protected only if it’s No. 1 overall) on the table likely is dependent on the sides getting serious enough to allow the C’s permission to speak with Leonard, gauge his interest in Boston and check his medical information.

But everything we’ve heard at this stage is the process is miles away from any of that. And the best information circulating through league front offices is that Leonard is still intent on getting to the Lakers, either by trade now or as a free agent next summer.
    The situation is beginning to resemble the Paul George affair from last summer. The Celtics felt they could have beaten the deal offered by Oklahoma City (even though the transaction worked out better for the Pacers, and ultimately for the C’s too).

This time with Leonard and the Spurs, they would like to have a chance to be in the discussions at the end, though it doesn’t appear (again, yet) as if there is much of an avenue for an agreement.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2018/06/sides_have_contact_but_celtics_remain_far_away_fro m_landing_kawhi_leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certain parts of his game cannot be taught. He has lower body issues on his shot. If he can square up better and use his legs on his shot, he will have much better form. He wasn't used correctly in the Lakers as they used him as a shot creator, but he has an undeniable talent as an off guard. He isn't a iso player. He is a reactive player. Great cutter, moves without the ball. He has great size too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because you're a got
    Lol. I own you in every facet of life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The MAGAtry is strong in you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. I own you in every facet of life.
    That's it? Weak son. I expected better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on Ingram. I think he will have a breakout year and with his length and athletism, he can be a great defender.
    He also showed flashes of being a playmaker this past season, which at his height is very impressive.

Thread Information