Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of good things being said here regarding where Kawhi’s health will be. He seems to be taking his rehab seriously, so I’m hoping and even expecting him to be good to go. In which case I think he’ll be offered the supermax, as I don’t have any reason not to take Pop and Kawhi himself at anything other than face value. They have both expressed they were in concert regarding the process of getting well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems obvious, but supermax contract offer, provided he passes a physical, should include a clause that states Spurs' doctors decisions are final, tbh... subject to unsalaried suspension...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems obvious, but supermax contract offer, provided he passes a physical, should include a clause that states Spurs' doctors decisions are final, tbh... subject to unsalaried suspension...
    Im 99% certain that is not allowed. You can put in a bunch of injury protections but I do not think you can contractually mandate the ability to pursue 2nd opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think Murray's ceiling is tbh? He's a nice player but I legit doubt he ever gets above average starter level. The defense is nice, but at a position where it's least important. Kyle is a great 7th or 8th player in the rotation on a championship team. If you're team is absolutely stacked then sure bring him onboard. But I'm not resting easy for the next 5 years because Kyle F'n Anderson is locked up
    You think defense at PG is inconsequential in the Age of the Point Guard? He's also an elite rebounder at the position, with RW as his only compe or. Westbrook pulls down 9.9/36, and DeJounte grabs 9.5/36, and that's without his Spurs teammates letting balls hit the floor so he can skitter in and grab a couple of cheapies per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hope for multiple future draft picks to stockpile like when Ainge fleeced Billy King for the corpses of Pierce and Garnett.
    Billy King is not walking through that door. Seriously, I don't think there is anyone with that level of stupid/naive running an NBA FO these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now that kawhi is pretty much out the door how much longer do u think Pop sticks around
    Two years. He'll leave after the 2019/2020 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not trade Kawhi for the record.

I understand the frustration everyone has had and I share it too (in terms of his isolation from the team, etc)... I assume he's affected by a chronic tendinopathy that will affect his trade value anyways and I hope... and that is just hope... that he can recover from it and that if he's healthy the relationship can be salvaged. If he can't bc he doesn't recover well enough, spurfan isn't getting enough for him anyway to make it worth it. He has a better ceiling than anyone we can get. I don't think he has asked for a trade IMO... I don't want to go too much into speculation bc that topic is in many threads. The only relevant point is that I would rather find out if he gets healthy and can play. Even if PATFO finds out they need to trade him, he has a lot more value healthy and in MVP shape. It would suck to lose him then, healthy and in MVP form, but then at least you can get a package that is better.... anyways, I still hope he stays. not dunca2k5 level of semenshielding... but I was pretty down on LMA last season and I don't think this is beyond repair, so long as he can be healthy.

Ok with that out of the way, if LMA had missed the 25 games they missed from Gay (on top of Kiwi's tendinopathy) they for sure are in the high lottery IMO. So a scenario where they end up in an involuntary tank is a possibility... just bc Kiwi may still be injured and LMA has knee issues and is getting up there in age... but I would take that risk bc the ceiling if they are both healthy (a possibility too, the optimistic view) is very high.

I would not stand pat with the rest of the roster another summer though. If next summer sucks and both players are injured then at least we will get a good lotto pick without having to trade anyone.

I am hoping this thing with Kiwi can be fixed. It's a risk to lose him for nothing but I would take that risk considering his current injury both depresses his value and also makes it likely that it caused all rifts in the first place.
    You're completely and utterly naive. The Spurs probably have THE most conservative injury return program in the league, and they said he's ready to go MONTHS ago. He wants out. You trade him. You do NOT let this drama drag into next season. You do NOT let him walk for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook, I guess I can see how that could be misunderstood... I just wanted to point out that whoever thinks PATFO can just go ahead and get Lebron + 4 top-5 picks for Kawhi, don't understand the dynamics of this thing. Kawhi just saying he won't suit up for those guys can completely change whatever the Spurs get in return.
    He can say whatever he wants, but at the end of the day, he needs to be a good little rental player, or his value in 2019 is for . He needs to re-establish as an All NBA player, and he can't do that faking an injury for the SECOND year in a row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As we saw, a lot can happen in a year. On the one hand you have exhibit A, Kawhi. On the other, though, is LMA who this time last year people were starting to crucify. A year later he really showed us something after his heart to heart with Pop. You never know with Leonard, and it would good to be able to have that DPO next summer to fend of other suiters if things get somewhat reconciled
    LMA isn't a dysfunctional person like Kawhi is. He never faked an injury, and fled the team, TWICE. He had some issues of where on the court, and when in the shot clock, he was getting his touches. That was pretty much it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA isn't a dysfunctional person like Kawhi is. He never faked an injury, and fled the team, TWICE. He had some issues of where on the court, and when in the shot clock, he was getting his touches. That was pretty much it.
    Yeah, lma only requested a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, lma only requested a trade.
    Because of those two issues I mentioned. If the Kawhi situation is a 10 on the dbag/diva scale, LMAs was like a 2 or 3. Not even close to the same.

Oh, and at least he had the ing BALLS TO ACTUALLY REQUEST A TRADE, rather than all of this passive-aggressive girlie the "Group" is putting down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of those two issues I mentioned. If the Kawhi situation is a 10 on the dbag/diva scale, LMAs was like a 2 or 3. Not even close to the same.

Oh, and at least he had the ing BALLS TO ACTUALLY REQUEST A TRADE, rather than all of this passive-aggressive girlie the "Group" is putting down.
    Dude... LA sat quiet and pissed off the whole season... Choked in the playoffs, and had the heart to demand a trade without reason... They only had the sit down after they realized his value is worth and no one wanted him

Thread Information