Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could Facebook do with food distribution?
    They could drive food to people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Date is Tuesday he talked to them today
    Pence went to FEMA headquarters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said he even golfed today?
    Even if he did 3 hours to clear mind would nice
    Job is stressfully

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They could drive food to people
    With their fleet of Facebook semis?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holly O'Reilly
    @AynRandPaulRyan

1- I received a DM from a vetted source who wishes to remain anonymous.
    S/he was on a conference call with FEMA on Monday, September 25.

Follow

Holly O'Reilly
    @AynRandPaulRyan

2- This is 5 days after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico. Others on the call: pic.twitter.com/geJvXDsgr4
    10:36 AM - Sep 28, 2017

28 Sep
    Holly O'Reilly
    @AynRandPaulRyan

Replying to @AynRandPaulRyan
    3- "Then, after every department reported their activities and projections,
    it was time for the White House to issue their report."

Follow

Holly O'Reilly
    @AynRandPaulRyan

4- WH answer?

No report, no activity.⁰⁰Nothing planned for Puerto Rico.

"We were all stunned", this source said.
    10:37 AM - Sep 28, 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black26 minutes ago
    The media has been attacking Trump all week long on this issue, even while he's been coordinated, but as soon as he responds, he's characterized as "exploiting" the situation. I see why he calls you people fake and dishonest. This article was absolutely ridiculous. The media really needs to be checked in this country because they're getting really out of hand. I wish congress would do something about it. Amazing how republicans control both branches of government but still allow the media's foolishness to persist.

What do you want congress to do about Trump putting out fake tweets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said he even golfed today?
    Even if he did 3 hours to clear mind would nice
    Job is stressfully
    Dude if you're not trolling, you're a sad piece of shielding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wait they just bash trump but I though Facebook was not in policallty business
    How did Facebook bash trump?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will Facebook give to pr
    When will Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will Facebook give to pr
    "Zuckerberg said his company is sending the Facebook connectivity team to deliver emergency telecommunications assistance to the storm-ravaged island nation.

The company also will donate $1.5 million to*NetHope*and the*World Food Programme, and is committing Facebook ad space to disseminate information to people in the region on how to get assistance and stay safe....."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcru...an-crisis/amp/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “It's why we have 10,000 people on the island right now. . we're doing things on Puerto Rico that we didn't even do in Texas or Florida,” he added.

“This was always going to be harder. And we knew that, which is why we positioned assets on the island before the storm,” he said. “But I think it's possible that folks just said, ‘oh, this will be easy’ and it's not going to be easy, it's never going to be easy.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands heaped praise on President Donald Trump and FEMA for “tremendous support” in the wake of two devastating hurricanes.

In a statement released Saturday night, Gov. Kenneth Mapp pleaded for continued help with recovery efforts there, and in battered Puerto Rico.

“President Donald J. Trump, his White House team, the Federal Emergency Management Agency and our other federal partners have given us tremendous support,’ Mapp said in the statement.

He also hailed retired NBC player and Virgin Island native Tim Duncan, and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg for having “stepped up to the plate to bring supplies and aid” to the territory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people of Puerto Rico likely thought hurricane recovery “was going to be easy” after seeing the response in Texas and Florida, budget director Mick Mulvaney said Sunday.

In an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Mulvaney pushed back on criticism of President Donald Trump’s attack on San Juan mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, and said it was “unfair to say that the president hasn’t given it his very best effort.

“There's more than 70 mayors on the island of Puerto Rico, and yet you seem to spend a lot of attention on the one from San Juan,” he said. “I think that's where the president's pushback is.”

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “It's why we have 10,000 people on the island right now. . we're doing things on Puerto Rico that we didn't even do in Texas or Florida,” he added.

“This was always going to be harder. And we knew that, which is why we positioned assets on the island before the storm,” he said. “But I think it's possible that folks just said, ‘oh, this will be easy’ and it's not going to be easy, it's never going to be easy.”
    Lol who said it would be easy?

Det strawman

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Trump lying yet a ing gain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job governor!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the major "ring road" around the island is said to be cleared

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, a Democrat, went on a tirade on Saturday, accusing President Trump of allowing Puerto Ricans to die because he just doesn't care.

But now it turns out Cruz is not in the loop and hasn't even bothered to participate in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency or other federal agencies.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've never seen somebody fall in line like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen somebody fall in line like this.
    40% of polled Americans are solidly ducks-clones

America is ed and un able, under the tyranny of duckiness/Repug minority

proof: the 2017-18 SCOTUS rulings

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    40% of polled Americans are solidly ducks-clones

America is ed and un able, under the tyranny of duckiness/Repug minority

proof: the 2017-18 SCOTUS rulings
    that number has fallen dramatically. low 30's heading into 20's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that number has fallen dramatically. low 30's heading into 20's.
    35% to 40% STILL approve of Trash

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/p...ald-trump.aspx

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Puerto Rico is all our worst fears about Trump coming real

A real crisis comes and Trump can’t handle it.

To an extent, the United States of America held up surprisingly well from Inauguration Day until September 20th or so.

The ongoing degradation of American civic ins utions, at a minimum, did not have an immediate negative impact on the typical person’s life.

But the world is beginning to draw a straight line from the devastation in Puerto Rico straight to the White House.

Trump’s instinct so far is to turn the island’s devastation into another front in culture war politics,

a strategy that could help his own political career survive.
    The rest of us will just have to pray for good luck.

Trump can’t un-ring the bell of a slow response

Now that Trump’s inadequate response to Maria’s devastation has become a big issue, the

Trump administration is full of excuses for why their response was so inadequate:

• Trump emphasized in public remarks on Friday that Puerto Rico is “an island surrounded by water” which makes relief difficult.
    • An anonymous administration officials told the Washington Post that “the Department of Defense, FEMA and the federal government are having to step in to fulfill state and municipal functions that we normally just support.”
    • Officials have also cited the Posse Comitatus Act as a complicating factor that helps explain why Trump was so much slower to dispatch assistance to Puerto Rico than the Obama administration was to send help to Haiti after it was devastated by an earthquake in 2010.
    • Last but by no means least, the reality is that this was a really big disaster. The storm was huge and powerful and it knocked out electricity and communications — that’s hard to deal with.

This is all true and it goes to show that being President of the United States is a difficult job.

But none of the issues the federal response is wrestling with were unknown in advance.

The world had days of warning that a hurricane was heading toward Puerto Rico. The perilous state of the island’s electrical grid has been apparent for years — as has the weak financial health of its electrical utility and municipal governments.

A president who was focused on his job could have asked in advance what the plan was for a hurricane strike on Puerto Rico.

He would have discovered that since Puerto Rico is part of the United States, FEMA is the default lead agency but it’s the US military that has the ships and helicopters that would be needed to get supplies into the interior of a wrecked island. And he could have worked something out.

Instead he didn’t get worked-up about Puerto Rico until over a week after the storm hit when he saw the Mayor of San Juan lambasting him on television.

He lashed out with his usual playbook — one that will only make things worse.

Trump turns everything into a culture war

The substantive problem that Trump — and America — is now facing is that you can’t go back in time and do the preparatory work that should have been done. You can’t pre-position satellite phones, schedule timely visits from top administration officials, or quickly dispatch ships and helicopters once you’re starting with an eight-day lag.

The best you can do is admit you were too slow and throw everything you’ve got at it.

But admitting wrongdoing isn’t part of Trump’s playbook.

Defensiveness and counterpunching is.

Many people will see more than a hint of racism here in the implication that Puerto Ricans are too lazy to help themselves.

And the specter of Trump once again being called a racist by liberals will once again help rally to his side

the large segment of the white population which believes that anti-white discrimination is a big problem in the United States.

Trump, meanwhile, portrays criticism of him, personally, as criticism of heroic soldiers and first responders.

There are no “adults in the room”

Retired General John Kelly ... his final military assignment was as

commander of American military forces in South America, Central America, and the Caribbean basin

— basically perfect preparation for the crisis that happens to have struck.

Kelly’s experience does not seem to be doing any good.

And that should be a stake through the heart of the notion that some stable of “adults in the room” are going to save the country from having picked a spectacularly inappropriate choice to serve as chief executive.

We’re witnessing the Trump administration at peak performance and it’s appalling.

Bismarck supposedly said that God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America. If we’re lucky he’ll be proven right and nothing much else bad will happen for the next three years.

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/1/163900...rto-rico-trump

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-01-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Information