Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In 2009, Ferguson police arrested wrong man, beat him, then charged him for getting blood on their uniforms. http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...loody-lie.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So they told an aggravated robbery suspect to get on the sidewalk?

Weird.
    Pretty much this. They're retroactively justifying this bull . If he was REALLY an armed robbery suspect the officer should never have a job again, as he allowed an ARMED AND DANGEROUS FELON within arms reach of his sidearm. Who the would do that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks pretty cut and dry to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks pretty cut and dry to me.
    So they told an aggravated robbery suspect to get on the sidewalk?

Weird.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't wait for pics of the gigantic cop who reached out of the window of his cruiser and restrained this guy by the neck with one hand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    they weren't going after him for the robbery, but did he know that? , if i just recently committed a robbery and then some cops saw me, told me to move over, etc, i'd be nervous too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    In 2009, Ferguson police arrested wrong man, beat him, then charged him for getting blood on their uniforms. http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...loody-lie.html
    so its ok to destroy the image of one side (even though it was a different officer) but when people sling mud on Michael Brown its not cool?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't wait for pics of the gigantic cop who reached out of the window of his cruiser and restrained this guy by the neck with one hand.
    Witnesses don't lie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they weren't going after him for the robbery, but did he know that? , if i just recently committed a robbery and then some cops saw me, told me to move over, etc, i'd be nervous too
    exactly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so its ok to destroy the image of one side (even though it was a different officer) but when people sling mud on Michael Brown its not cool?
    Because the police are the AUTHORITY in this situation. They have agreed to conduct themselves with a HIGHER standard than civilians. It is one thing when a civilian commits a crime, it is MUCH worse when a cop does because of the thin blue line.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Because the police are the AUTHORITY in this situation. They have agreed to conduct themselves with a HIGHER standard than civilians. It is one thing when a civilian commits a crime, it is MUCH worse when a cop does because of the thin blue line.
    yeah but the example given was of unrelated officers which just makes it look like you are smearing the guy by affiliation

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    So this is the innocent young teen the Blacks were crying about?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It settles the narrative that Brown was just an innocent teen walking down the street.
    Seeing as he was a "suspect" at the time, he was, technically, still innocent.

And yes it is America where if you go around assaulting people and stealing their property you are asking to get your ass shot and when you step it up to assaulting police officers your are begging to get shot.
    You don't know that any of that happened. All you know is an unarmed man was shot dead, and now you have two different explanations by the police department as to why that happened.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seeing as he was a "suspect" at the time, he was, technically, still innocent.

You don't know that any of that happened. All you know is an unarmed man was shot dead, and now you have two different explanations by the police department as to why that happened.
    You don't know what happened either. But people sure seem to believe the account of friends (before the pictures leaked) and are jumping to some radical conclusions.

The police actions after the fact are just as alarming and caused the issue, but doesn't change the fact that the media and local people there were ready to jump on the cops without seeing these pictures.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So this is the innocent young teen the Blacks were crying about?
    he doesn't seem the type to punch a cop though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah but the example given was of unrelated officers which just makes it look like you are smearing the guy by affiliation
    Because if the department has a history of cover up operations it casts a lot of su ion on the way they conduct business as well as what led to the escalating confrontation in question.

Even IF he was 100% guaranteed to have committed the robbery, shooting him multiple times after he had given himself up is murder. The police are not meant to be judge jury and executioner. There is also video evidence of them not calling 911, but just throwing the body of a young kid into the back of an SUV. ing atrocious all the way around.

I also find it interesting how it took them almost a week to release these tapes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Strong witness here.

And, no, I don't know what's in the bottle next to the juice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Because if the department has a history of cover up operations it casts a lot of su ion on the way they conduct business as well as what led to the escalating confrontation in question.

Even IF he was 100% guaranteed to have committed the robbery, shooting him multiple times after he had given himself up is murder. The police are not meant to be judge jury and executioner. There is also video evidence of them not calling 911, but just throwing the body of a young kid into the back of an SUV. ing atrocious all the way around.

I also find it interesting how it took them almost a week to release these tapes.
    yeah, and i find it funny that another witness randomly popped up a week later with another eyewitness testimony

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I know I say some foul on here (often), but in all honesty:

I gotta feel bad for the black folks that rallied around a cause they fervently felt impacted by, just to see their efforts discounted because of the news that broke. Young black males get pestered and harassed daily for no reason -- I've seen it first-hand back in high school when I used to be more "down" -- and now people are going to try and argue it's "cause they're criminals, more often than not."

There's still a very real divide in this country, and racism is just as prevalent as it ever was, on both sides, and it doesn't look to be passing anytime soon.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ...so the "kid" is some big, violent ape that is also a thief? That cop should be given a medal for the favor he did for society.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know I say some foul on here (often), but in all honesty:

I gotta feel bad for the black folks that rallied around a cause they fervently felt impacted by, just to see their efforts discounted because of the news that broke. Young black males get pestered and harassed daily for no reason -- I've seen it first-hand back in high school when I used to be more "down" -- and now people are going to try and argue it's "cause they're criminals, more often than not."

There's still a very real divide in this country, and racism is just as prevalent as it ever was, on both sides, and it doesn't look to be passing anytime soon.
    yes...there's still a divide...and maybe 's a long way from fair. but the only way, they're going to be heard or taken seriously is to not loot and up when they might have a valid point to make. Especially before all the facts are even out. I'm sure it's tough as but they're making it harder on themselves. And the ones that are looting probably really don't give a about fixing the race situation anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    yes...there's still a divide...and maybe 's a long way from fair. but the only way, they're going to be heard or taken seriously is to not loot and up when they might have a valid point to make. Especially before all the facts are even out. I'm sure it's tough as but they're making it harder on themselves. And the ones that are looting probably really don't give a about fixing the race situation anyway.
    Absolutely. I'm not excusing that behavior for a second. Deplorable.

The majority of the black people enraged by this whole situation condemn that nonsense as well. Just a bunch of opportunistic, ty s that carry on that way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Absolutely. I'm not excusing that behavior for a second. Deplorable.

The majority of the black people enraged by this whole situation condemn that nonsense as well. Just a bunch of opportunistic, ty s that carry on that way.
    I guess it's like anything else. will be judged on the actions of a few. Like Rodney King axed..."can't we all jus get along?"

Thread Information