Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt that we won't know the absolute ceiling until Kawhi returns. I'm not optimistic though that, in the end, it'll be enough. I've always thought this team will win plenty of games, but running a system where our only other scorer is getting the bulk of his points off of post ups, fadeaways, and long two's will not be enough when things are tight against GS.

We see it in just about every game with them: Spurs play well and punch them in the mouth to start the game, then they go on their runs with 3pt barrages that our offense can't keep up with. This is where another high level playmaker making plays to consistent shooters would come in handy. Some people will say that's where Tony and/or Manu, Murray, etc will come in, although how much these aging pieces and young talent will help in a series against GS is suspect at best. They shouldn't have to be relied on to run with GS anyway...But it is what it is.

As for the shooting, it's looking more and more obvious every game that we don't have that either. Mills shot is gone, Green needs wide open shots to even have a chance, Gasol doesn't show up when needed and doesn't take enough anyway, Kyle is passive, and everyone else has been inconsistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopeful that the Spurs can return to form when Kawhi comes back. , I'm sure that when he does, they'll look great for stretches. Still, there are glaring issues with the offensive system and personnel on this team that make it really hard for me to see them giving GS a run for their money when it counts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow the game down , commit to defense and play inside out. They are built to run...... if DM would commit to first becoming a great defender / distributor his offense would catch up i.e. Kawhi Leonard development. This kid has all the attributes to be a terror. People are forgetting Rudy isn't in shape, KL is on the mend and Paul,JL is still acclimating.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone mocks LMA "muh touches" but can't name a better way to score without KL and Parker. What great offense are we neglecting to get LMA his touches. I give the Joff PnR, but what else? Parker can't orchestrate the offense. We can't go to Kawhi when we really need a bucket or a game winner.
    I can't on Lamarcus, he showed up this season.
    I also think he's hitting the offensive boards and sometimes tip ins and stuff of that nature don't go in but it still counts as a shot attempt, so some of his shot attempts are hustle shots. Team has worse problems than LMA... (Patty, Manu, Dijon being really raw and can't shoot, etc, Tony and Kawhi injured, etc.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopeful that the Spurs can return to form when Kawhi comes back. , I'm sure that when he does, they'll look great for stretches. Still, there are glaring issues with the offensive system and personnel on this team that make it really hard for me to see them giving GS a run for their money when it counts.
    There was a stretch last season, with Kawhi playing at an MVP level, and Tony was healthy and playing well offensively (might have been Dec, Jan?) and the two of them just made the team look like an absolute monster. In the postseason as you know Tony got hot bc he got easy baskets from Kiwi and he was the secondary playmaker/scorer Kawhi needed. If Kawhi were to have a decent to great guard scorer/playmaker with him like Tony was able to be for some short lapses, the team looked very different.

Dijon is no Tony though I root for him. He's just too inefficient as a scorer himself right now and has flaws that will take time to smooth out. He's far from his own prime years and it shows. Manu is done, Mills is a limited player getting exposed, and we don't know how Tony will look when he gets back, or even how long he will sustain his play or health before breaking down again.

What's frustrating is that PATFO have known their guards have been their weak spot and not good enough for several seasons already and done nothing about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally tthink the Rockets have a legit shot at Lebron this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly why signing Aldridge was a mistmake. With or without Kawhi, a soft jumpshooting big who demands touches is not adequate enough to win a championship, and a poor fit for the team.

Until the Spurs can surround Kawhi with real talent, and LMA accepts a role best suited for him, this antiquated offense will likely only be good enough to amount to an early playoff exit in May at best.
    Fify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the way this team is built I doubt there is one. That's the issue.
    BINGO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a stretch last season, with Kawhi playing at an MVP level, and Tony was healthy and playing well offensively (might have been Dec, Jan?) and the two of them just made the team look like an absolute monster. In the postseason as you know Tony got hot bc he got easy baskets from Kiwi and he was the secondary playmaker/scorer Kawhi needed. If Kawhi were to have a decent to great guard scorer/playmaker with him like Tony was able to be for some short lapses, the team looked very different.

Dijon is no Tony though I root for him. He's just too inefficient as a scorer himself right now and has flaws that will take time to smooth out. He's far from his own prime years and it shows. Manu is done, Mills is a limited player getting exposed, and we don't know how Tony will look when he gets back, or even how long he will sustain his play or health before breaking down again.

What's frustrating is that PATFO have known their guards have been their weak spot and not good enough for several seasons already and done nothing about it.
    That isn't exactly right. They have drafted and signed a plethora of guards, all of which seem to be border-line NBA players. And, if reports are true, they made a run at CP3. More accurately, what PATFO have done has been very unsuccessful. We could have had a backcourt that included Tony, Danny, Malcolm Brogdon, JSimms and, say, Brandon Paul.

The downfall started when PATFO was enamored by the cache of signing LMA rather than spending the money on a COUPLE of rotation players to complement Kawhi and who were better suited to the modern NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't exactly right. They have drafted and signed a plethora of guards, all of which seem to be border-line NBA players. And, if reports are true, they made a run at CP3. More accurately, what PATFO have done has been very unsuccessful. We could have had a backcourt that included Tony, Danny, Malcolm Brogdon, JSimms and, say, Brandon Paul.

The downfall started when PATFO was enamored by the cache of signing LMA rather than spending the money on a COUPLE of rotation players to complement Kawhi and who were better suited to the modern NBA.
    It i so bad right now that we could be talking about Aldridge extension as the only fourth worst move of last offseason (Patty, Pau, and the White pick) ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It i so bad right now that we could be talking about Aldridge extension as the only fourth worst move of last offseason (Patty, Pau, and the White pick) ..
    Dead on... sadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liked Miami, Portland and Sacramento.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly why re-signing Aldridge was a mistmake. With or without Kawhi, a soft jumpshooting big who demands touches is not adequate enough to win a championship, and a poor fit for the team.

Until the Spurs can surround Kawhi with real talent, and LMA accepts a role best suited for him, this antiquated offense will likely only be good enough to amount to an early playoff exit in May at best.
    Technically, they extended him and it wasn't a mistake. Spurs couldn't do as good or better than him and had already foolishly committed to Mills/Gasol, limiting their flexibility and ensuring they'd go forward with the majority of the core. Besides, according to Lowe, Aldridge was going to opt in anyway, so they really only gave him 2/$50M, which could be 1/$33M if they so choose.

What Moore said wasn't enlightening or illuminating, it was obvious. But people make it sound like Spurs or anyone has their pick of the litter. Reality is, you take what you can get, in terms of stars. That's why they should be all in on Bledsoe right now.

In other words, he's Rockets bound, where he can run the show and play high-school with two of the other cool kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not my king.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is that, 5 ripped jerseys already so far this season? And this one almost ripped clean off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Lebron will be able to break Kareem's total points record. Kareem's record is 38387. Lebron is at 29,000. He will definitely get over 30,000 plus this year if he stays healthy. If he can play 4 more years and average around 24-25 game he has a chance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Lebron will be able to break Kareem's total points record. Kareem's record is 38387. Lebron is at 29,000. He will definitely get over 30,000 plus this year if he stays healthy. If he can play 4 more years and average around 24-25 game he has a chance.
    Not an lbj fan. Cant stand his conments about bbiq. Strongest player in league takes more fadeaway buzzer beater threes to end a q than lma. Dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami biting the fiesta Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron with the performance of the year so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Welp, he just killed my fantasy team this week.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol shooting 34 times. Gtfo nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information