Page 101 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Might have been a little pre-mature with the Griffin news. He's saying that he hasn't opened up his recruitment. Either way, with the grades its unlikely he makes it in. He's in worse shape academically then Golden. Huggins or Davis.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Derrick Griffin ‏@DRABB23
    I didn't decomitt frm a&m that all lies

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who gives a if Griffin stays with them or not he's to dumb to pass high school classes, he won't make it in college.

The best Aggie can hope for with Griffin is a sign and place. Nothing to see here.

How does everyone feel about this? Is this the greatest case of a lack of ins utional control that we've ever seen? I hate to see punishment for anyone that didn't have a thing to do with this scandal, but I can't argue against this being the most appropriate time for the NCAA to make an example of a program.

I remember seeing rumors when this all got started that Sandusky and Penn State were possibly using Second Mile as a way to pay players. I think there's already more than enough issues present to shut this thing down but anything football related would just be the final nail in their coffin.

I'd rather see PSU punished in the criminal and civil courts. I'm talking about school administrators doing real jail time and severe financial penalties. Penn State has an endowment of $1.83 billion that should be squarely in the cross hairs.

I'm not saying Penn State should roll out the football team on September 1st and act like nothing happened. The Joe Paterno statue should be sold for scrap, and his name should be removed from every building on campus. They've already started this process at Brown University (where Paterno played QB).

My chief concern with the NCAA getting involved is that it will take focus away from punishing the reasonable parties. Who cares about football? We're talking about children who had their lives destroyed. Attempt to fix that first.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    My chief concern with the NCAA getting involved is that it will take focus away from punishing the reasonable parties. Who cares about football? We're talking about children who had their lives destroyed. Attempt to fix that first.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Derrick Griffin ‏@DRABB23
    I didn't decomitt frm a&m that all lies
    Strong words to call that lies considering he just confirmed that he is 'looking around'.

From ESPN:

"Texas A&M commitment and ESPN 150 member Derrick Griffin (Rosenberg, Texas/Terry) said Tuesday that, contrary to online reports, he has not decommitted from the Aggies, but he is looking around at other schools."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another David-Sills-superkid?

Les Miles offered an 8th grader at Tiger camp!
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Moses-142732

Ht: 6'0"
    Wt: 218 lbs
    40: 4.46 secs
    Vertical: 38 inches

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumor out there this morning that WR Eldridge Massington recently attended a Tennessee camp (I'm assuming with teammate S Kameron Miles) and he tore his ACL. This coming after he missed half of his junior season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd rather see PSU punished in the criminal and civil courts. I'm talking about school administrators doing real jail time and severe financial penalties. Penn State has an endowment of $1.83 billion that should be squarely in the cross hairs.

I'm not saying Penn State should roll out the football team on September 1st and act like nothing happened. The Joe Paterno statue should be sold for scrap, and his name should be removed from every building on campus. They've already started this process at Brown University (where Paterno played QB).

Solid post. I think that's the main concern with the NCAA getting involved because there isn't any solid evidence (yet) that football violations occurred and the problem is bigger than the football program. I don't know what the answer is and won't pretend to know, but I hope the punishments hit that community hard. There seem to be a good amount of people in State College that still need a wake-up call.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Might have been a little pre-mature with the Griffin news. He's saying that he hasn't opened up his recruitment. Either way, with the grades its unlikely he makes it in. He's in worse shape academically then Golden. Huggins or Davis.
    If I'm an A&M fan, I don't get my hopes up with Griffin and leave room for a nice surprise should he somehow qualify once National Signing Day comes (assuming the de-commitment rumors are false).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that 2014 S Jamal Adams was at an Alabama camp yesterday but did not receive an offer. They would be solid compe ion for UT if they got involved but the Longhorns remain his #1.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'd rather see PSU punished in the criminal and civil courts...

My chief concern with the NCAA getting involved is that it will take focus away from punishing the reasonable parties.

First priority is criminal charges and that is by a thousand miles.

However, this wasn't isolated to a person or small party, but this was an ins ution-wide cover up that a huge number of staff and admin was obviously aware of over a 14 year period. I don't see any negatives to additionally giving the school the death penalty. I don't see this detracting from also going after criminal charges - they are independent issues IMO.

The first thing the NCAA should do is allow current players to transfer without having to sit out a year.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If I'm an A&M fan, I don't get my hopes up with Griffin and leave room for a nice surprise should he somehow qualify once National Signing Day comes (assuming the de-commitment rumors are false).
    I agree. We'll have room. Sumlin will take up to 28+ commits this class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I agree. We'll have room. Sumlin will take up to 28+ commits this class.
    Even if grades weren't an issue, you make room for a stud like Griffin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting that Alabama has contacted OL Caleb Benenoch and they have told him he'll be offered if he makes a trip to Tuscaloosa. He was originally headed out there before he decided to attend the UT summer camp instead. No plans have been made but he's still visiting Stanford this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't see any negatives to additionally giving the school the death penalty.
    not one negative?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Elite 11 Finals begin today in Redondo Beach, CA. The links below are a breakdown of the participants.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...d/6/class/2013

http://espn.go.com/high-school/footb...ite-11-invites

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on RB Kyle Hicks and his foot injury (24/7):

“The doctors have told me that everything is going great,” Hicks said. “I actually go in next Monday to go in for a checkup and that’s when I should be getting out of the boot. I’ve been doing everything the doctor has been telling me to do, so hopefully it’s all good news. If it is, then I’ll start to really get going and begin my rehab process.”

“There’s not a definite timetable I don’t think,” explained Hicks. “But the latest I’ve heard is that I should be 100-percent right before the start of the season. They actually don’t know any specifics on it. That’s why they gave me three more weeks. They wanted to make sure and I’m not really doing anything anyway, so they asked me to stay off of it a little bit longer. I feel pretty good right now though, so who knows.”

"I’m doing everything I can, in my limitation, to be ready for football season,” Hicks told Hookem.com. “I’m doing every single workout that’s possible. Any and every one that I can do that requires me not to put pressure on my foot, I do. I’m doing lower body stuff that they said was OK, like working out my quads and hamstrings. I’m also doing a lot of upper body type stuff as well, such as power cleans. Really, like I said, I try to do it all as long as it involves no pressure on my foot. I just want to be ready to go and be able to do my thing.”

“It’s a struggle for me,” said Hicks. “It’s really tough not playing 7-on-7 and just having to sit on the sidelines. I go to my team’s games to watch them play and support them, but I want to be out there. I want to be helping them, not just cheering them on. So it’s really tough for me to go through this, but I just have to stay positive. I try to keep my spirits up, remain a leader off the field and just encourage my team. There’s really not much else I can do.”

“It’s better to play it safe and not rush anything,” he said. “I don’t want to sit here and watch my team play, but at the same time, I don’t want to make the same mistake twice, you know? I don’t want to be right back where I’m at. It’s just one of those things that you hate, but you have to go through. I want to be completely ready and injury free, so I have to put in my time and that’s what I’m doing, just playing it safe.”

“I talk to the Texas coaches almost every week,” Hicks explained. “I let them know how I’m feeling, how I’m doing and that type of stuff. I try to keep them as updated as possible about it all. They tell me to do whatever it takes to be 100-percent and not to rush anything, just like everyone else says. They want me to just get well and have an injury free senior season.”

“My goal now is to go out with a state championship,” he told Hookem.com. “That’s what everyone wants and says, but it’s the truth. I want to lead my team to the state championship and take it home. I don’t care about my personal stats or goals, because it doesn’t matter. I just want to be a leader and a state champion. That’s all I care about.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Students camping in front of Paterno statue:

http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/penn-sta...ium-photo.html

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This hasn't been talked about much because of Penn State, but North Carolina's academic cheating scandal isn't getting any better:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...c-scandal.html

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas Tech suspends WR Darrin Moore after his DWI arrest:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ded-dwi-arrest

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting stuff on Wylie,

Ketch posted his 10 thoughts on the free board of OB

He hinted that several olinemen have really turned the corner under Wylie. Looking forward to seeing our oline and where they are at.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    not one negative?

the only reasonable argument is it hurts current players that had no knowledge of the incident.

that logic, although sound, is a slippery slope. using that same logic, the NCAA should never penalize any team because the actions always come from a few yet the penalty always hurts a much larger group. so do we just go laissez-faire?

in this case you let the players transfer without penalty regardless if you give death penalty, sanctions, or no punishment whatsoever. I think that we would all agree on.

Thread Information