Page 11 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying #2 is in the books but it may not be announced until the prospect gets home later this evening.

From IT on the '2nd commit' --

Guys, the other site jumped the gun with the commit news. There is no official "commit" in the true sense of the word. There are a handful of kids currently on campus who will commit after sitting down with their parents. Mack wouldn't have it any other way.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A little country called Denmark, halv the size of Virginia. We are known for being the happiest people on the planet, the mohammed cartoons, beer, Lego and Morten Andersen.
    Works for me. Again...welcome.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From IT on the '2nd commit' --

Guys, the other site jumped the gun with the commit news. There is no official "commit" in the true sense of the word. There are a handful of kids currently on campus who will commit after sitting down with their parents. Mack wouldn't have it any other way.
    I'm sorry if I worded it poorly. My understanding was this certain prospect had basically made his decision but wanted to wait a little longer before making it public. So, yes, there is no "official" commitment quite yet from the prospect in question. I'm expecting something later this evening or tomorrow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why is their so much bickering about each other on all these different Texas boards, you would think they all rooted for different teams.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why is their so much bickering about each other on all these different Texas boards, you would think they all rooted for different teams.
    It's all about that scoop.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Our fans suck, they're the same guys complaining about Ash not throwing for a million yards as a freshman.

Here's a pic stolen from Sample's twitter

Him and Oliver

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oliver sure looks happy. Hoping he's on the verge of committing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Our fans suck, they're the same guys complaining about Ash not throwing for a million yards as a freshman.

Here's a pic stolen from Sample's twitter

Him and Oliver

Bergeron has a nice purse.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bergeron has a nice purse.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't get all the bickering between sites but I think it's hilarious. Especially Ketch throwing shots when he should just put in more work and let his product speak for itself. If anything, the posters on OB owe Gerry and 24/7 and JS and IT a big thank you if the pressure and subs theyve taken from Ketch makes him get off his ass and put work into the product again.

I'm really curious about a 2nd commitment. These next 3 to 4 days will be interesting.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DT Justin Manning after the Junior Day per 24/7:

“It was a fun visit,” Manning said. “There is a lot of tradition at Texas. There was a lot of talking today.”

“I didn’t talk one-on-one with Coach (Mack) Brown a lot today. I talked to him when I first came in," he said. "He talked to me about the tradition and everything. I spoke with the defensive tackles coach (Bo Davis) most of the time. He told me I had an offer, and he told me I was his number one guy this year.”

“There was no pressure to commit and they didn’t ask me if I wanted to commit,” he said.

“Texas pulled even with everyone else today,” he said.

“I’m going to Texas A&M next weekend, and then I’ll probably go to LSU and USC. I may also go to Oklahoma March 3,” he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's been an odd Junior Day compared to years past because there's not a lot of info available. It sounds like everyone was offered today except LB Naashon Hughes. He was told that UT is not ready to offer anyone at his position. The fact that he was not offered (being the brother of a current player) confirms that the staff is being extremely selective to start out the 2013 cycle. I think it's great because there are limited scholarships to work with at this time and it shows there's an emphasis on proper evalution rather than just offering every guy that sits atop the rankings.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from OL Darius James to 24/7:

"It was fun, and I had a real good time," James said. "It just solidified that Texas has the top spot. In my mind they're at the top."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I did not expect TE Durham Smythe to commit today because has a visit to Stanford scheduled for March 3rd. Here's a quote:

"I did not commit, but I was extremely impressed and the overall visit went great."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on ATH Ricky Seals-Jones. He was accompanied by his parents and brother today and basically everything went as expected. Their plan is to sit down as a family in the next few days and have a decision by the end of the week. Like I mentioned this morning, Mack and the staff likely encouraged all of the prospects to think about things and it was a pressure free environment. Quotes from his father:

"Any time you go to a junior day, schools are going to throw everything they can at you. Texas was excellent though," Mr. Jones said. "LSU did a good job too. You can't just jump in. You have to be sure when you make that decision. But he's going to make a decision in a week or so."

"We got a lot of questions answered that we needed. The whole staff was excellent, really nice to us," Mr. Jones said. "They answered all the questions we wanted answered."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Ra'Shaad Samples is saying some promising things. He was accompanied by his brother-in-law and sister in Austin today. He sounds much like Seals-Jones in the sense that a decision is looming.

"That's pretty prestigious," Samples said of the UT offer. "Texas is one of my favorite schools. It's a school I really like."

"It helps me get closer to a decision knowing who wants me, knowing Texas wants me," Samples said. "I want to talk to my parents and then we'll go from there."

"I really don't put any schools higher than others," Samples said. "But Texas is really high on my list. That's all I can say. Texas is really high."

"I like the coaching staff, coach (Bryan) Harsin, their ideas. And being there knowing your'e going to graduate, be in a town and be around people that can help you even if you're not playing football."

"I'm going to talk to my family about Texas. I may make a decision after that, I may not," he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pictures of some memorabilia on display for the recruits today:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cody Thomas to attend JD2.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cody Thomas to attend JD2.
    Wow. Potentially three QBs at JD2 in Barrett, Hill and Thomas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Ricky Seals-Jones and family:

WR Ra'Shaad Samples and RB Dontre Wilson

OL/DL Jake Raulerson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Kyle Hicks told OrangeBloods this evening that he had a hard time leaving Austin without committing and thought about pulling the trigger, but decided it would be best to think things through a little while longer. Said he was very humbled by the offer and the highlight of the visit was sitting in Mack's office. Looking really good for UT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Read into this update what you'd like, but 24/7 reported that WR Jake Oliver and his family are another bunch that will be sitting down this week to discuss recruiting. Things appear to be headed in a great direction if you believe the reports that UT is the heavy favorite.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Naashon Hughes: They're still evaluating OLB, me and Darius will probably end up at the same school. UT still #1.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Message from OL/DL Jake Raulerson on those worrying about the lack of immediate commitments:

"I'd just say that it's a great time to be a Texas Longhorn," he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Kyle Hicks

Thread Information