Page 11 of 187 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Islamophobes seem to usually think fundamental Christianity is fine. I know you do.

No one is afraid to draw a Christ cartoon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K, if you're terrified of drawing Mohammed because of Islam, what do you propose we do about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too. So do most peace loving people I think.

But do you have a problem with Islam itself like the OP does
    I have no idea. The OP just posted a link reporting some news.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about putting a crucifix in a jar of urine?

how about providing health care to poor women while being stalked, harassed, family threatened, fire bombed, murdered?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea. The OP just posted a link reporting some news.
    If you want to continue, just let me know when you make up your mind about Islam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to continue, just let me know when you make up your mind about Islam
    Ok. I doubt it will be today. So if you have something more pressing than waiting on me, you can go ahead and take care of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. I doubt it will be today. So if you have something more pressing than waiting on me, you can go ahead and take care of.
    Nothing going on at the moment. Just nothing more on this topic to discuss with you until you catch up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing going on at the moment. Just nothing more on this topic to discuss with you until you catch up
    Okey dokey.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's ramdomly open up a Koran to see what violence is found on that page.

page 391

He forgives whom He pleases, and punishs whom He pleases.

Lets do another one.

page 51

They are the heirs of the fire, and there they will remain.

One more time.

page 145

God will cause their ridicule to rebound on them, they shall have a painful punishment.

I gotta tell ya, how in the could anyone not get this? Punishment PUNISHMENT KILL FIRE CHOP BURN....my God. This really is incredible how anyone wouldn't understand this.

, one more page.

page 209

....and warns those who deny the life to come with grievous punishment.

On page one in talking about the Quran, we read....

The main themes of the Quran are enlightenment, closeness to God, peace and spirituality.

Are you kidding me?

I wonder how many times we read that word...punishment ...in the Koran? Then add....fire, burn, chop, kill.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-08-2016 at 12:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K, if you're terrified of drawing Mohammed because of Islam, what do you propose we do about it?

There's nothing to do. Just observing that members of one particular religion are easily triggered.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Lol no. Your question is stupid and gets away from my point. We agree that fundamental Islam is used to justify terror.

The point I'm making is that the Bible is just as usable to justify violence as the Koran.

And you still have no answer as to what to do about Islam itself other than copy paste walls of worthless stats
    We also agree that the Bible is just as usable to justify violence as the Koran. The point I'm making is that the Koran is actually used much more often to justify violence than the Bible. Do you agree with that statement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point I'm making is that the Bible is just as usable to justify violence as the Koran.
    lol "could"... It rarely is, though, at least in comparison to Islam. You've been going around asking everybody "what should we do about Islam?" Let me ask you this. Why do you think Islam is used to justify violence at a rate significantly higher than any other religion, such as Christianity, even though both religions "could" be used to justify it?

And lol at bringing up hundreds of years old crusades every time. 150 years ago the Republicans were the "party of Lincoln."

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me ask you this. Why do you think Islam is used to justify violence at a rate significantly higher than any other religion, such as Christianity, even though both religions "could" be used to justify it?
    Terrorism's source is 3rd world, war torn countries where the dominant religion is Islam. Many of those areas didn't necessarily become 3rd world as a result of Muslim dominance directly, but most have turned to a radicalized form of Islam as a reaction to their poverty. From a recruiting standpoint, it makes much more sense for these radical groups to appeal to someone's Muslim faith than to use a minority faith.

Tribalism is common for poor and uneducated people. In areas of extreme North American poverty, this manifests itself in gang membership. Many violent criminals define iden y based on gangs or cartels (worth noting that many of them attend Christian church services, but we don't often dig into the religion/church attendance past of violent criminals who aren't Muslim.) Association with gangs gives them iden y and a perceived sense of power, and "code" gives them direction.

No one can argue that both faiths are used to radicalize criminals equally. But turning this fact into su ion towards all followers of Islam is just more lowbrow tribalism. Most radical Islamic terrorists, particularly in the states, were not radicalized by typical places of Muslim fellowship or worship like their local mosque.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's one thing for a criminal to be Muslim and it's entirely different for him to commit his crimes in the name of his faith

And let's not pretend Muslim countries are the only 3rd world countries with poverty and general socioeconomic issues.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's real easy to see that the Koran was all about Mohammad, not Allah.

So many times we read....

He ordains life and death, so believe in God and his messenger.

Also for those who follow the messenger, the unlettered prophet.....

Mohammad using the fear of some ficticious god to get his way, ya reckon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's one thing for a criminal to be Muslim and it's entirely different for him to commit his crimes in the name of his faith
    My point in that aside was mainly we tend to assume all violence by Muslims is motivated by their faith. If a murdered attended a mosque this becomes much more of a news story than if a gang-affiliated killer was a regular Sunday church-goer.

And let's not pretend Muslim countries are the only 3rd world countries with poverty and general socioeconomic issues.
    Not pretending that at all, but those other countries haven't been weaponized through decades of intervention either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure and the new testament was about jesus
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-08-2016 at 02:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point in that aside was mainly we tend to assume all violence by Muslims is motivated by their faith.
    That's fair, but in just about all of these headline incidents, we the the perp making some claim of allegiance which shows their motivation. And then we have the ridiculous reactive comments, too, like when the Orlando shooter literally calls 911 and pledges to IS and white Knights literally argue he isn't Islamic
    Not pretending that at all, but those other countries haven't been weaponized through decades of intervention either.
    South and central America endured tons of intervention, poverty, etc... Have high crime rates. But not Christian jihad. At some point you just recognize a distinction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South and central America endured tons of intervention, poverty, etc... Have high crime rates. But not Christian jihad. At some point you just recognize a distinction
    The weapons there went to druglords and cartels instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair, but in just about all of these headline incidents, we the the perp making some claim of allegiance which shows their motivation. And then we have the ridiculous reactive comments, too, like when the Orlando shooter literally calls 911 and pledges to IS and white Knights literally argue he isn't Islamic
    It's political correctness vs. xenophobia. Nobody wins that argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's political correctness vs. xenophobia. Nobody wins that argument.
    #notAllMuslims

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about putting a crucifix in a jar of urine?
    That "artist" is alive and well, as far as I can tell.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andres_Serrano

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having trouble connecting your reply to the post of mine you quoted. Care to elaborate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having trouble connecting your reply to the post of mine you quoted. Care to elaborate?
    It's not political correctness vs xenophobia. Its political correctness vs reality. The #notAllMuslims disclaimer is to prevent SJW triggering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not political correctness vs xenophobia. Its political correctness vs reality.
    Reality is stating the fact that the Orlando shooter proclaimed allegiance to the IS. Xenophobia is suggesting that anyone who practices Islam should be suspect or accountable as a result. If you don't think a massive amount of antagonism happens towards Muslims every time a Muslim is implicated in a major crime, you must not have Internet access.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 08-08-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Thread Information