Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like the Spurs reacted well...."my injury was 100 times worse" "ask his group"
    That's all you got?

you just provided all the proof Kawhi is a mentally weak snowflake who isn't a leader and doesn't' deserve anything close to the supermax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They could be more more polite and diplomatic "well, we wish him the best...wish his injury heal soon" while killing him in private but again they opted to burn bridges with comments in public.

I expected way better from the Spurs.
    Why? If he had had an actual injury then sure you can claim that the Spurs handled it terribly, but Kawhitter has pretty much confirmed the "injury" was just part of a long con all along. I doubt sucking up to him and going along with it instead of calling his bull changes anything so him. I'm glad they took shots at him and his group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Parker punks Lonnie often in his rookie year so we know he's not a snowflake.
    I see Lonnie's girl pic in this thread...Hot af. If Parker sees it guess we'll lose Walker in Summer League...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it, DRob was soft. He never had what it takes to win. Timmy is just cut from a different cloth.
    Have you always been this salty, Rob? I guess I never noticed before.
    Anyway, DRob is probably THE reason the Spurs are still in SA, and he's definitely the reason Timmy stayed. I think the Admiral has earned the right to say what he thinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? If he had had an actual injury then sure you can claim that the Spurs handled it terribly, but Kawhitter has pretty much confirmed the "injury" was just part of a long con all along. I doubt sucking up to him and going along with it instead of calling his bull changes anything so him. I'm glad they took shots at him and his group.
    We're not talking here if the Spurs mishadling his injury or not, we're talking about how questioning or bashing a franchise player in front of media could affect a team or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I say otherwise?

Sure, but the mistakes are magnified and actually count against the NBA team.

That's why there's a farm system.
    Yeah, but at some point you gotta wonder just how hurtful those mistakes really are. For example, how many more losses (if any) we would have had last season if White was part of the rotation instead of Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the cost of winning games? I think not.
    Do you think playing White instead of Forbes, last season, would have cost the Spurs games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if bashing their players in public will be Spurs' approach to talented young guys, I guess they'll fall on keeping them on the team next year.
    Is this going to be a habit for talented young players to fake injuries in order not to honor their contracts? Because I imagine the next CBA would deal with that if it’s a trend.

We'll see when the Spurs get a top 3-5 player again if they will be able to keep him or this was just about Kawhi. Only time will tell.
    If the Spurs wanted to play hardball, they’d wait until everyone’s cap space dries up, then terminate his contract and drag his derp ass into court for repayment of his 2017-18 salary, at a minimum.

Sorry the Lakers superteam thing didn’t work out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When did I say otherwise?

Yeah, but at some point you gotta wonder just how hurtful those mistakes really are. For example, how many more losses (if any) we would have had last season if White was part of the rotation instead of Forbes?
    More wishes.

I'll wish he's better than he looks now and gets to play more.

Same difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More wishes.

I'll wish he's better than he looks now and gets to play more.

Same difference.
    Now, you are just being obtuse for the sake of arguing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what is the point you are trying to make with that?

White should have been in the rotation last season. If he had, he would be way ahead on his developing process.
    Have to disagree with this.

Spurs already had to put time into developing Murray, and also had $25M committed to Mills and Parker (two franchise mainstays). Frankly put...there just weren't minutes for White.

He may have been able to get some burnt as a third-string PG in the 30-odd games as a that Parker was still out, but that quickly would've dried up.

Players develop by playing, and he was able to do that a lot more leading the Austin Spurs. That was way more valuable to his development, even at a lower level of compe ion, that getting 5-10 garbage minutes a game ever would have been. The only other option would have been fitting him minutes at the 2, but playing out of position doesn't help him play to his strengths either.

That said...I want Parker out and want White firmly entrenched in the rotation next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They could be more more polite and diplomatic "well, we wish him the best...wish his injury heal soon" while killing him in private but again they opted to burn bridges with comments in public.

I expected way better from the Spurs.
    Spurs were getting questions daily from reporters about Kawhi and his condition. Meanwhile, Kawhi was being all nebulous and about it. It was only a matter of time before they gave a response that could be perceived as a slight, and frankly, the frustration on the Spurs side was justified.

Whether they sort out or not, I still lost a lot of respect for Kawhi once he separated himself from the team and didn't show up to a single playoff game. I wouldn't expect that from any player, let alone a player that is supposed to be the "leader" of a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's all you got?

you just provided all the proof Kawhi is a mentally weak snowflake who isn't a leader and doesn't' deserve anything close to the supermax.
    All? They didn't need more, they questioned the franchise player in front media.

Tell me when you heard before a coach, a teammate or a role player did the same thing and that ended well?

Don't be homer, it's clear the Spurs let frustration made them say the wrong things in public.

Again, they had the smarter option to say the same but in private, in the locker room. It could have helped a lot in a trade now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not talking here if the Spurs mishadling his injury or not, we're talking about how questioning or bashing a franchise player in front of media could affect a team or not.
    And that's exactly what I'm talking about too.

If Kawhi's injury was legit then sure you can say the Spurs did a terrible job of supporting their franchise guy. It was just part of a con job though, so what's the issue with the shots they took? I'm sure they sniffed that out early on and that's the only reason why they weren't diplomatic/supportive about it. They have a history of being overly conservative/protective of their players when it comes to injuries and the same would've been done for Kawhitter if his injury had been real.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now, you are just being obtuse for the sake of arguing.
    Not arguing anything at this point.

My original take hasn't changed: He could play more than White since his existing skill set is sorely needed in the Spurs' offense. I don't know if that's enough at this point. Could be by October if his work matches his reputation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to disagree with this.

Spurs already had to put time into developing Murray, and also had $25M committed to Mills and Parker (two franchise mainstays). Frankly put...there just weren't minutes for White.
    Yet there were minutes for Forbes?

He may have been able to get some burnt as a third-string PG in the 30-odd games as a that Parker was still out, but that quickly would've dried up.

Players develop by playing, and he was able to do that a lot more leading the Austin Spurs. That was way more valuable to his development, even at a lower level of compe ion, that getting 5-10 garbage minutes a game ever would have been. The only other option would have been fitting him minutes at the 2, but playing out of position doesn't help him play to his strengths either.

That said...I want Parker out and want White firmly entrenched in the rotation next season.
    And player develop even faster by playing against better compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think playing White instead of Forbes, last season, would have cost the Spurs games?
    I think Pop is going to play whoever he thinks gives us the best chance at winning. This team has been pretty good at that. Winningest team in sports. Hard to argue with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All? They didn't need more, they questioned the franchise player in front media.

Tell me when you heard before a coach, a teammate or a role player did the same thing and that ended well?

Don't be homer, it's clear the Spurs let frustration made them say the wrong things in public.

Again, they had the smarter option to say the same but in private, in the locker room. It could have helped a lot in a trade now.
    I didn't interpret their remarks as attacks on your poor widdle snowflake.

Kawhi did. He's a poor widdle snowflake and deserves nothing from this team.

Sorry, I expected more from him that you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet there were minutes for Forbes?
    Forbes averaged 23+ points per game in the G-League the year prior, and had a great Summer League. He earned his chance.

White was coming in as an unknown commodity, and he looked much better at the end of his G-League stint than he did at the beginning. The Spurs needed every bit of help they could get just to stay afloat last season...that's not the time to take a gamble on a rotation player and let him learn on the fly.

And player develop even faster by playing against better compe ion.
    Not if they are hardly playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about he deserves it or not, it's about how the Spurs let frustration put themselves in a weak position.

They could deny Kawhi that deal and still be in a good relationship with the player to work together for a trade and get great offers for him.

But those comments in public burned bridges.
    Lol. This Kawhirisis is of one person's doing (not even going to blame the Unc here). It's always about what the Spurs did wrong first and foremost with you guys.

Did Kawhi precipitate the comments he got by not answering the questions himself. I'll tell you right now if I had a player or teammate that basically went AWOL, I'd get sick of answering the same questions too. Eventually I'd get sick of spouting the company line (oh, yes really working hard to come back, blah, blah, blah) and say you know what, you'll need to ask his group.

Damn man, you really have debased your fandom by being so overly playerfanish.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yet there were minutes for Forbes?.
    Different roles, it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know anything about him, but I hope he gets minutes next season.
    Welcome to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not arguing anything at this point.

My original take hasn't changed: He could play more than White since his existing skill set is sorely needed in the Spurs' offense. I don't know if that's enough at this point. Could be by October if his work matches his reputation.
    If your take was that Pop might not have him in the rotation, then I agree.

The only thing I disagree with is this idea that you need to learn how to play on the G-League. If you get consitent minutes on the NBA, that helps your development a lot more than playing on the G-league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this going to be a habit for talented young players to fake injuries in order not to honor their contracts? Because I imagine the next CBA would deal with that if it’s a trend.
    He had issues with his quad. If you think he wasnt, you didn't see him play those 9 games last season.

If the Spurs wanted to play hardball, they’d wait until everyone’s cap space dries up, then terminate his contract and drag his derp ass into court for repayment of his 2017-18 salary, at a minimum.
    The Spurs wouldn't have the need to play hardball if they would have kept a good relationship with the player. Now, they could be working together in a trade. But the Spurs opted to make public the issues.

Sorry the Lakers superteam thing didn’t work out.
    I hate the Lakers so I'm fine with this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If your take was that Pop might not have him in the rotation, then I agree.

The only thing I disagree with is this idea that you need to learn how to play on the G-League. If you get consitent minutes on the NBA, that helps your development a lot more than playing on the G-league.
    Sure, but I already said the mistakes are magnified and actually hurt the team. That's the formula every team has to work with.

Thread Information