Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that graph proves nothing... the million dollar question I asked is "what defines the DFW Arlington metro area"? Is it specifically Fort Worth to the east Dallas suburbs and excluding areas west of I35W / north of I-820 / TX-183/114/121.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Work from home though? Most (medium or large) companies that did work from home since March of 2020 are allowing either permanent WFH for the employees that are adjusted to WFH and have tenure working from home for the company, or at very worst hybrid system where they'll ask you to go in one week or two out of the month, with travel expenses paid or reimbursed by the company. I don't know what company you work for but you seem to be in the educated white-collar WFH-caliber tier type of work.

My best friend in Fort Worth just had a second baby and has been working from home for 2 years now, he says he'll never go "back to the office" -- 9-5 office work day for most white collar jobs is dead.

I've been completely WFH since 03/13/2020 and will never go back to the office either citing that COVID-19 has given me a permanent disability of "social anxiety" which means I have to work remotely in order to succeed. It's mostly bull , but, the truth is I don't miss the days of commuting in traffic literally 10 times a week, even when gas prices were reasonable.

Living in Vermont seems ideal if you can get great wifi up there to work remotely. Property taxes are low compared to New Hampshire which has high property tax and no sales tax; so if you really need to go to a Walmart or Costco to stock up in bulk, just take an hour or less drive east to your nearest NH big box store and shop where there's no sales tax.

EDIT: they actually have a Costco right by Burlington though. so no need to waste all that gas to drive to south of Manchester if you need to go to a store like that.
    https://www.costco.com/warehouse-loc...er-vt-314.html
    Yeah I guess I could move up there since I'm WFH, but I don't really have a job that I know I'm going to want to still have 10 yrs from now, and it'd be harder to find a new job if I'm all the way up in Burlington.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I guess I could move up there since I'm WFH, but I don't really have a job that I know I'm going to want to still have 10 yrs from now, and it'd be harder to find a new job if I'm all the way up in Burlington.
    I'm pretty confident WFH will be the norm for such careers as yours or mine the further we move into the digital age regardless of covid et al. You say you're in finance; my best friend is a financial analyst who majored in finance, but guess what? The lines between finance, IT, data analytics, decision science, risk management etc. are rapidly becoming blurred. Today's financial analysts are using Excel and even are likely to have at least a working reading understanding of stuff like SQL and even Python. All of that stuff can be done from home. You don't have to be a programmer per se to score a long term high-paying WFH career. Maybe they'll ask you to travel like a few times a year but if you're in say Burlington VT you can afford to commute to some big city 3-4 times a year no problem without giving up your cushy home office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gainesville, GA

The bleach spill is the third chemical spill at the plant in 14 months. The two previous leaks in 2021 happened when the plant was under different ownership.

In January 2021, six workers died when a line carrying nitrogen was ruptured, releasing a frigid, odorless cloud. Less than two months later complaints of an ammonia leak emerged.

Labor advocates say the recurrence of chemical leaks at the poultry plant is indicative of workers’ lax safety rights in the meatpacking industry.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-new...NCZCXIXHACYCM/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mental health is a big issue. Fortunately this wasn't that Texas hole where 19 kids got mowed down, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strict gun laws in NY work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strict gun laws in NY work.
    The NY mass shooting was only a week ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NY mass shooting was only a week ago
    The one in upstate NY where the white suprematist killed the black folk and you were so moved by the tragedy to posted this ? How caring of you.

He looks Ukrainian

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either old footage or fake news... LAPD retired Crown Vics in 2020:

https://www.hotcars.com/lapd-crown-v...cop-car-facts/

You fell for it all the same...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either old footage or fake news... LAPD retired Crown Vics in 2020:

https://www.hotcars.com/lapd-crown-v...cop-car-facts/

You fell for it all the same...
    From 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turns out crime has risen about as much in rural as urban areas.

what do they have in common?

epochal economic and social dislocation due to COVID, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turns out crime has risen about as much in rural as urban areas.

what do they have in common?

epochal economic and social dislocation due to COVID, tbh

Scaring suburbanites is simply more effective, as it's a much larger population.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more money they get, the worse they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    inefficient bureaucracy, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more money they get, the worse they do.
    Sounds like another group of people we know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, all we need, more ducks.

Educators no longer need college degree to teach in Arizona public schools.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Saw this earlier today. Los Angeles Saturday afternoon. Homeless man attacked her with a club. This is Olympian. Represented your country, our country.

I remember couple months ago young employee raped and murder by homeless. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often as they are lined up and in communities now.

#1 comment by foreigners when they visit California

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ah didn't see. Yeah I live here. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Must be frightening for women. Locals know which areas to avoid.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Edit: Remember it was problem for short time in Germany and people were outraged. Authorities stepped in.

The homeless are increasing here in California. It seems drugs are keeping them hiding. Breaking into cars becoming more frequent. But calculated group hits on homes in this neighborhood was stopped shortly.

I don't see big picture solution in California or the West. How can this country not allow gun ownership??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: Remember it was problem for short time in Germany and people were outraged. Authorities stepped in.

The homeless are increasing here in California. It seems drugs are keeping them hiding. Breaking into cars becoming more frequent. But calculated group hits on homes in this neighborhood was stopped shortly.

I don't see big picture solution in California or the West. How can this country not allow gun ownership??
    Shooting them up or jailing them isn't a solution to that problem, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting them up or jailing them isn't a solution to that problem, tbh...
    Shooting them needs to be revisited

Thread Information