Page 112 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 5170

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    USA Today has released their pre-season college football poll. Texas checks in at #15. I'd prefer that they started lower but that's solid positioning. I think they're better than at least five or six teams ahead of them.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm
    15 is a little too good, I'd have us around 17-20. I do expect a top 10 finish of course.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kid did not carry himself well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Huge news in Texas football recruiting, stay tuned.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2014 WR Lorenzo Joe has committed to Texas

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is now offering 2014 players.

Commit #1 - Lorenzo Joe
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...nzo-Joe-137727

Other offers -
    RB Donald Catalon
    S Edwin Freeman
    CB Nick Watkins
    QB Jerrod Heard (per hornsnation)

Expect more offers and maybe a few commitments.
    Last edited by ThePop; 08-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did freeze over??

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I updated my previous post to add QB Jerrod Heard to the offers list.

Lorenzo Joe on his commitment
    http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/tex...mmits-to-texas

Per 247, Donald Catelon may be the next commit.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 S Brandon Simmons on his UT visit (24/7):

“I liked the campus a lot,” Simmons said. “We talked with Coach (Duane) Akina and I liked him a lot. He’s put a lot of DBs in the NFL, which is a big plus. Obviously, you go to a big school because you want a chance to make it to the NFL.”

“Really, he (Brown) just told us how he runs the program. You could tell he’s really just a relationship building guy. He said they can’t do too much until they build the relationship," he said. "He said he thought I was a really good player, and I will have an offer when the time comes. He said they don’t offer this early, but will next year at junior day."

“Right now, I’m just looking to slow everything down," he said. "I went to a lot of places this summer and had a lot of interest in the spring. I’m really open to everyone because you only get recruited once. I’m really focused on the upcoming season and having another great year.”
    Texas is now offering 2014 players.

Commit #1 - Lorenzo Joe
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...nzo-Joe-137727

Other offers -
    RB Donald Catalon
    S Edwin Freeman
    CB Nick Watkins
    QB Jerrod Heard (per hornsnation)

Expect more offers and maybe a few commitments.
    I wonder if this will hurt us with simmons?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Offers -
    WR Lorenzo Joe (committed)
    RB Donald Catalon
    S Edwin Freeman
    CB Nick Watkins
    QB Jerrod Heard
    S/CB Jamal Adams
    DB Tony Brown
    OL Demetrius Knox
    RB/FB Daniel Gresham
    CB/S Nick Harvey
    LB Hoza Scott
    DE Myles Garrett
    WR Devante Noil
    S Ed Paris
    DE Solomon Thomas
    Last edited by ThePop; 08-02-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Any word on Ed Paris & Brandon Simmons? Go along way on slammin door on Solester Miles

Per IT following were also offered
    Hoza Scott
    Myles Garrett

Horns are after some serious STUDS in this class...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Horns are after some serious STUDS in this class...
    2014 seems like a much stronger class, at least in Texas. Besides RSJ and a couple linemen, 2013 isn't that great.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How bout they offer KD Cannon already

2014 seems like a much stronger class, at least in Texas. Besides RSJ and a couple linemen, 2013 isn't that great.
    THIS...is why Mack & Co. have changed course. No doubt 2014 recruiting class was being "influenced" by SEC.

Horns will make sure negative recruiting not part of equation. This will make it harder for Saban & Miles to use that angle.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did freeze over??

Holy . The ONE afternoon I don't check anything and UT recruiting is turned on it's head. Is Mack just trolling the masses with this!? Unprecedented move. I seriously hope the other 2014 studs are afforded the same opportunity as Joe.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Offers -
    RB Donald Catalon
    S Edwin Freeman
    CB Nick Watkins
    QB Jerrod Heard
    S/CB Jamal Adams
    DB Tony Brown
    OL Demetrius Knox
    RB/FB Daniel Gresham
    CB/S Nick Harvey
    LB Hoza Scott
    DE Myles Garrett
    WR Devante Noil
    S Ed Paris
    Floodgates have definitely opened. No telling who all the staff has reached out to. Mack had been dropping little hints here and there that they were thinking about changing some things with early recruiting, but I never saw this coming.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that there are rumors of two more commitments on the way. Time will tell.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 247, Donald Catelon may be the next commit.
    Didn't see it posted but 2014 S Jamal Adams is also seriously considering committing to UT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Official release on K Anthony Fera's transfer to Texas:

Austin -- Junior kicker Anthony Fera has announced he will transfer to The University of Texas. Fera will join the Longhorns after spending three years at Penn State, including a redshirt season in 2009. He will be eligible to play immediately in the 2012 season and has two years of eligibility remaining.

A native of Cypress, Texas, and graduate of St. Pius X High School in Houston, Fera was named first-team All-Big Ten at punter by ESPN.com and second-team all-conference by the media and coaches as a sop re in 2011. He was also selected as a semifinalist for the Lou Groza Award as the nation's top placekicker, and was a candidate for the Ray Guy Award as the nation's top punter.

Last season, Fera connected on 14-of-17 field goals (82.4 percent) and was 20-of-20 on extra point attempts, scoring a team-high 62 points. He became the first Nittany Lion since Chris Bahr in 1975 to be the starter for field goals, kickoffs and punts during the Eastern Michigan game and maintained those roles for the rest of the 2011 season.

Fera, who was the first player from Penn State to be selected Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week three times in a season, also averaged 42.0 yards on 64 punts, with 18 kicks landing inside the 20. He also delivered 12 punts of 50 or more yards, led by a career-best 69-yard effort late in a close win over Purdue. In addition, he handled 45 of the team's 55 kickoffs, with 10 touchbacks. He ranked third in the Big Ten in field goal percentage (82.4), fourth in punting average (42.0) and fifth in field goals made (1.17 per game).

As a redshirt freshman in 2010, Fera won the punting duties in preseason and was selected a 2010 second-team Freshman All-American by Rivals.com. He punted in 10 games, averaging 41.4 yards on 46 punts, including 13 inside the 20-yard line, 19 fair catches, and nine of 50 or more yards. He missed two games that season following an appendectomy.

Fera redshirted during the 2009 season. In high school, he was selected a 2008 Under Armour All-American and earned first-team all-state honors as a junior and senior. During his senior season, he was 37-of-39 on PAT attempts and 8-of-9 on field goals, with a long of 58 yards, while 55 of his 60 kickoffs went for touchbacks. Fera also averaged 44.1 yards on 36 punts.

Comments from Anthony Fera on transferring to Texas:

"The past few weeks have been extremely difficult as I've wrestled with the decision on my future. It's been tough to endure, not only for me, but for my entire immediate family back in Texas, and the Penn State football family I have grown so fond of over the past three-and-a-half years. It has been hard to separate the two as my family and I have been accepted and treated so wonderfully by everyone in the Penn State community. For that, we are all truly grateful.

"The decision to remain at Penn State has been complicated due to an illness in my family. Shortly before I arrived on campus, the most important person in my life was diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis), making it more and more difficult to travel each weekend from Texas to see me play. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and I've been afforded the opportunity to give back to my family and make their lives a little easier by transferring to a university much closer to home, The University of Texas.

"I love Penn State University, my teammates, my coaches - both present and past - along with all of the great fans who have supported me and my teammates over the years. I made a promise to Coach Paterno and my family the day I arrived on campus to obtain a degree from Penn State University, which with the cooperation of the folks at Texas, I plan to fulfill over the next year. I will always proudly say that I am a Penn State alum!

"A new chapter in my life begins next week, and I am very excited to play for such a well-respected coach in Mack Brown, and a Longhorn football program that is traditionally one of the finest in the nation. My family and I had a chance to visit Austin and get to know the coaches and some of the players last weekend. It is a wonderful place and we had a great time. I feel like I can have another extended family in Austin, and I'm really looking forward to being a part of the team and campus community.

"I cherish my time at Penn State, but look forward to challenges ahead and the ability to compete on the playing field and in the classroom at another tremendous ins ution in The University of Texas. I want to wish Coach (Bill) O'Brien and his entire staff, my fellow teammates, and all of Nittany Nation the very best this upcoming season. I will be giving my all to the Longhorns, but will always be pulling for my friends and Nittany Lions family as well."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, 2014 QB Jerrod Heard will be visiting UT on Saturday, August 11th.

The UT staff met recently to discuss recruiting. I think the decision was at the meeting to offer pending juniors.

I don't think we'll see Texas offer sop res, but it looks like pending junior offers are here to stay. Good move. Texas can see them at the June camps, evaluate and make a decision.

Hopefully satellite camps in DFW, Houston, East Texas and other states are next. There's a work around with satellite camps in other states. OU uses McMurray State to host satellite camps in Texas. UT could do something similar with small schools in Louisiana and Oklahoma.

Didn't see it posted but 2014 S Jamal Adams is also seriously considering committing to UT.

Adams and Catalon as the next commits would be good guesses.

Not in love with Joe, but Adams and Catalon are a good start.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Offers -
    RB Donald Catalon
    S Edwin Freeman
    CB Nick Watkins
    QB Jerrod Heard
    S/CB Jamal Adams
    DB Tony Brown
    OL Demetrius Knox
    RB/FB Daniel Gresham
    CB/S Nick Harvey
    LB Hoza Scott
    DE Myles Garrett
    WR Devante Noil
    S Ed Paris
    DE Solomon Thomas
    WR KD Cannon
    RB Nathan Starks
    Last edited by ThePop; 08-02-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Thread Information