Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the recent games I've seen from Bertans, it seemed obvious that his future was at the SF spot and not being a stretch PF. Do you agree with that?
    I agree, he couldn't defend NBA PFs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope there won't be any conflicts with the contract. Ala Scola and Lorbek.
    The only contract conflict with Lorbek was that he used us as leverage to sign his new deal, and promptly dropped off the face of the Earth. He was completely free to sign last year if he wanted to. He didn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only contract conflict with Lorbek was that he used us as leverage to sign his new deal, and promptly dropped off the face of the Earth. He was completely free to sign last year if he wanted to. He didn't.
    Yeah I think Lobrek pretty much used us to get a better deal at home I am sure he had no interest in coming over to the NBA. But he got his money and his team is paying for it..........we got the last laugh cause he sucked this season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope there won't be any conflicts with the contract. Ala Scola and Lorbek.
    He has a buyout,some wil be covered by the Spurs but the most from Bertans himself.Partizan never stops his players if they want to leave.Plus Bertans is determined to play for the Spurs,he's always pointing that out.But he isn't ready for the nba yet,personally i think he's 2 seasons away from that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but he is not going to wait two years he is going to want to make some money and if he does get better teams may throw some $$$ at him. Probably any teams that do this will make the buyout a little tougher for us to pay.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very bad game for Davis last night, Partizan lost (2-1 in the Finals now...)...

http://www.kls.rs/box.php?id=246 Stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This just in:

http://kosarka.si/partizan-ostal-brez-bertansa/

Right now, a game between Partizan and Red Star is played, and according to this site, Bertans hurt his knee at the end of first half. Sources say the injury could be a bad one. Bertans won't play in 2nd half. More news probably coming tomorrow.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We won it

Hope Davis' injury is not a bad one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ooo that's big news. i wonder what comes out in the updates?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe this is the Team's YT page

http://www.youtube.com/user/KKPARTlZAN/videos?view=0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Bertrans team won and Ryan Richards team won..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if that picture from Ace is after the game then I would think his injury is not that bad if that is him in the lower left of the picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, it looks really bad. Let's hope it's not too serious.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.mozzartsport.com/vesti/be...ce-za-pamcenje
    Here is the article from Serbian site.

Let me do a quick summary of it:

It is yet unknown how severe his injury is. The results of medical exams will be known on Thursday or Friday. If he hurt his ligaments he will probably miss Eurobasket in Slovenia, where Latvia plays in same group as Serbia.
    In 2nd half, Bertans watched the game and celebrated his teammates' actions and the win basically on "one leg". After the game, when team gathered in the locker room, it became obvious that something was wrong with him, as he was sitting in there, staring at his phone and crying, while his teammates were celebrating the le. Then his teammates told him to go with them in order to take some pictures, however, when Bertans wanted to get up, the pain in his knee prevented him that.

Sorry for a ty translation but I think you all get the point of the article. I hope to hear more (good) news today...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn hope the injury is not bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn
    hope this will not affect the Spurs off season schedule with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Torn cruciate ligaments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy !
    This means one year out...and, for us, one year lost.
    I thought of him like a very good chance to be on summer league and in our roster next year like a back up SF.
    He's very young and should recover well, but I don't think that, at this point, he's gonna have a chance to be with us next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :/ Honestly, I think the Spurs still should sign him. A year with the medical staff and learning from the sidelines should still do him some good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, having him for next season is out. Let's talk long-term future.

If the Spurs want to be cheap, they may as well let Bertans rehab on Partizan's dime and not theirs. However, the Spurs have to hope that Bertans can get the same medical treatment as he could get here. More than that, the Spurs have to trust that he wouldn't be rushed back too soon and do even worse damage to his knee. If the Spurs have doubts and believe in his long-term potential, it may be worth it to bring him over on a three-year deal and let him rehab with the Toros and learn the system in a big red-shirt year. That could be a waste of a roster spot though.

Bertans is still 6-9/6-10, so even if he loses a good deal of athleticism, he should be able to get his shot off, which is really the most important part of his potential NBA game. His defensive potential may drop a lot now, which does hurt his chances of staying on the floor, but I think he'll be fine provided he recovers correctly. The real question (that anyone can control) becomes if Bertans should try to bulk up and play the four now that he's probably lost some quickness. He has the height for it, but he doesn't really have the frame. Worse case, he could still be a Novak-like player with a lot of work.

Thread Information