Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    for the victim blaimers, white supremacists and suspected white supremacists...have fun

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    And the cop's name is... Darren Wilson.
    rofl!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Fair enough.

It is difficult to believe that a cop would just murder a kid for no reason - so I always wait to hear the other side's version - but I guess it could happen. The cop could just be no better than a common criminal.

I would still wait for all the facts to come out though.
    respect

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that comic strip was statistical evidence?
    ... the comic strip was funny.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Police chief confirmed that the cop had no idea Brown was a robbery suspect when he came across him, and told him to get out of the street.

Unless you're insisting that jaywalking is a form of criminality worthy of an immediate death sentence.
    That's not what is being reported on CNN. They are saying he was responding to a "strong arm robbery" of a convenience store and even showed videos of the robbery.

So I don't get what all the uproar is about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Army Black Knights
    ...so the "kid" is some big, violent ape that is also a thief? That cop should be given a medal for the favor he did for society.
    I'm sure your daughter is gonna be ing one of the big violent apes pretty soon if not already getting tagged...it's the law averages big Dawg ;-)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's not what is being reported on CNN. They are saying he was responding to a "strong arm robbery" of a convenience store and even showed videos of the robbery.

Why would you order a strong arm robbery suspect who is dangerous onto the sidewalk and then pass them by in your squad car? Why would you let a strong armed robbery suspect close enough to you to grab your sidearm?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why would you order a strong arm robbery suspect who is dangerous onto the sidewalk and then pass them by in your squad car? Why would you let a strong armed robbery suspect close enough to you to grab your sidearm?
    Don't ask me, I'm not a cop.
    I'm just telling you what is being reported.
    I refuse to get caught up in some overblown hysteria.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

The CHIEF, while being interviewed by the press not more than a couple hours ago, JUST confirmed that the officer was unaware of any robbery/theft/etc when he confronted Brown about simply walking in the street.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina State Wolfpack
    yes you're a geek who had a picture of rick ross in ya avi

whats ya favorite rick ross album??? lmao

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's 5:30 and the national news is coming on. I'll watch it again on ABC to see what they report.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The CHIEF, while being interviewed by the press not more than a couple hours ago, JUST confirmed that the officer was unaware of any robbery/theft/etc when he confronted Brown about simply walking in the street.
    yeah, but for all Brown knew, they were onto him for the robbery he committed, which could prompt unexpected behavior.

i'm not making assumptions on what went down, just laying out what a guy might have felt at the time. at this moment, all we have are cops backing up cops and brown's friends backing up brown

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, I listened to it and no such thing was mentioned.

It seems to me if something like that would have happened then all news sources would be all over it.

No one is. Maybe you misunderstood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Do cops have dash cameras that record what goes on inside the vehicle?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Do caps have dash cameras that record what goes on inside the vehicle?
    usually the dash cam faces out the windshield, not the other way, iirc. they might have a 2nd one like those taxi shows

although if they had such a camera im sure we'd have heard about it by now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    usually the dash cam faces out the windshield, not the other way, iirc
    Yeah, I know that. I just figured with all the recent rise on accusations on cops maybe they'd get some that face the inside of the car.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There should be audio for sure

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ah, anecdotes. The cornerstone of ty science.
    Talking out of your ass, the cornerstone of someone who thinks reading about it trumps living it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Talking out of your ass, the cornerstone of someone who thinks reading about it trumps living it.
    Citation needed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Well, I listened to it and no such thing was mentioned.

It seems to me if something like that would have happened then all news sources would be all over it.

No one is. Maybe you misunderstood.
    I didn't. The chief said as much when asked, and I'm much more inclined to believe his unrehearsed response in the moment than an incident report that was JUST released after almost a week's time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    yeah, but for all Brown knew, they were onto him for the robbery he committed, which could prompt unexpected behavior.

i'm not making assumptions on what went down, just laying out what a guy might have felt at the time. at this moment, all we have are cops backing up cops and brown's friends backing up brown
    Oh, I'm certainly not trying to blindly defend Brown. This guy certainly wasn't this "lovable teddy bear" that people were hoping to root for initially.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't. The chief said as much when asked, and I'm much more inclined to believe his unrehearsed response in the moment than an incident report that was JUST released after almost a week's time.
    Okay, I'll keep my ears open.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

If he responded to that as reported, it doesn't mean stopping Michael Brown was related to it. It would be a wierd coincidence but why would the police chief lie about it in that way when the opposite would help the cop.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    I don't care if Brown got into a fistfight with the cop earlier. Once he turned to run away that cop is unjustified in shooting him in the back.

Just like if someone breaks into your house then runs away, if you then chase him down the street and shoot him in the back it is murder.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't care if Brown got into a fistfight with the cop earlier. Once he turned to run away that cop is unjustified in shooting him in the back.

Just like if someone breaks into your house then runs away, if you then chase him down the street and shoot him in the back it is murder.

Why don't you just wait until more facts come out? Why do you assume he was running away? Is there a video?

Thread Information