• Green

69 46.00%
  • Bowen

81 54.00%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I say, "Don't be that guy", I mean that guy who nitpicks at things like me using diction you didn't like.

I clearly don't mean absolutely everyone. I mean that folks thinks that Bowen had harder assignments. Prime KD and Lebron are the two best offensive players (or at least the hardest to guard) in either era. And the rules and having a worst Tim makes it even more slanted. I really don't see how the compe ion was superior.
    yeah but danny wasn't the primary defender against either. not that westbrook is an easy cover, but he's not durant. and green spent most of his time against Wade, not lebron. again, not an "easy" cover, but the wade we saw in '13 and '14 wasn't that great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah but danny wasn't the primary defender against either. not that westbrook is an easy cover, but he's not durant. and green spent most of his time against Wade, not lebron. again, not an "easy" cover, but the wade we saw in '13 and '14 wasn't that great.
    Westbrook is a harder cover than Durant, especially considering KD's habit of going beta. However, Green spent almost as much time on Durant as he did on Westbrook. The Spurs closed out OKC with Danny being KD's primary defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take whoever doesn't get shut down by Matt Barnes tbh. So both
    You try way to hard

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You try way to hard
    too* smh so illiterate. 22 posts and you still haven't given a good take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today's nba, green is the obvious choice. Bowen was better defender , while green is the better shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are moving the goal posts. That's all you've been doing. I never said he was the reason we lost the games 6 and 7. I've said over and over and over again that he played outstanding in Games 1-5. He was amazing. He was a big contributor to use winning those games. We've covered that. But that has nothing to do with Games 6 and 7. For some reason, you refuse to acknowledge that he completely lost his confidence and disappeared in Games 6 and 7, and that was a significant contribution to us losing us those games. You don't think that carried weight? You don't think it mattered? How can you deny that? It's a just an honest reflection of what actually happened. But apparently his shots only matter when we win. And yeah, Manu was TO machine and Kawhi missed a free throw. Norris Cole never stepped foot on the court in the last two games, but Chalmers did get the edge on Parker in the last games. Everybody had their faults. Nobody gets a pass. It doesn't change that fact DG turning into an offensive ghost in Games 6 and 7 significantly hurt our chances of winning those two games. I'm not sure how you can deny that.

To recap, to rein you back in, you said DG delivered in 2 straight finals and pinned the loss on the benching of Duncan. I said "It's important to note that DG threw up brick after brick and let himself get pretty frazzled in that game. His 1-7 from the field was also pretty damaging in a game that close." That is what I'm saying. That's it. I haven't strayed from that point. I'm not sure how anybody could deny his offensive performance was damaging in Game 6 and 7. I hope that provides clarity on my position, but I fully expect you to respond by saying he was amazing in Games 1-5. lol

You're all over the place. I have made exactly zero claims or allusions about Bowen being better than Green. I'm not sure why you're once again trying to argue with me about something I never said. lol
    Uhm since this thread is Green vs Bowen, one would assume that if you present an argument against a player then it means that you chose the other. Lol

And now, now you acknowledge the faults of others. After you just said that the big boys did show up. See who moved the goal posts right there?

Everyone knows that green disappeared in 6 and 7 but how can you put a blame on him when the team's best players didn't come through?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two are only comparable because of the similar position they play.

We can put both under the 3 & D type.

But, comparing them is faulty logic due to many, many different variables.
    There is only subjectivness to be expressed.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhm since this thread is Green vs Bowen, one would assume that if you present an argument against a player then it means that you chose the other. Lol

And now, now you acknowledge the faults of others. After you just said that the big boys did show up. See who moved the goal posts right there?

Everyone knows that green disappeared in 6 and 7 but how can you put a blame on him when the team's best players didn't come through?
    100% Duncan came through the last two games. But yeah, the rest of his teammates didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% Duncan came through the last two games. But yeah, the rest of his teammates didn't.
    Yup. But the poster I was arguing with made it seem like everyome but Danny showed up until his last post.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    green is too hot and cold. bowen was much more consistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson about assuming. The other option for presenting an argument against a player (that apparently you're not aware of) is just having an honest, objective conversation. Ever tried that? I love DG and Bowen and I'm not sure at this point in DG's career who's better. You came into this thread with a weak attempt to troll people who voted for Bowen. I get it. It doesn't benefit you to acknowledge that DG's 2-19 in Games 6 and 7 significantly contributed to the Spurs losing those games. That's why you refuse to do it. Despite me staying on point with that one simple comment, it's why you continue to deflect to his performance in Games 1-5 and attempt to move the goal posts to the notion that any criticism of DG's performance equates to placing the entire blame for those losses on him. It doesn't work that way.

Of course I acknowledge others' faults. Why wouldn't I? It doesn't change the fact that DG's 2-19 in Games 6 and 7 significantly contributed to us losing those games. These things aren't mutually exclusive. It only becomes an issue if you try to move the goal posts to "don't put all the blame on the guy I'm trying to defend in this thread because it undermines my trolling!!! " The best players, Duncan and Kawhi, did show up. Ginobili was Turnobili in Game 6 and Porker was underperformed in both games. But that doesn't mean that DG's disappearing act didn't significantly contribute to the losses. Make sense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lost track of the past couple pages... I think a lot of us feel like bowen always came through with his 3 and D and kind of embodied the 2000 spurs' grind it out, no nonsense, I don't care what you think style. Danny green has a bigger role for this team, but at the same time, his inconsistency- especially in the playoffs (12, 13, 15, went cold in PO Losses)- makes it difficult to put him over bowen, even if he has shown more overall talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too* smh so illiterate. 22 posts and you still haven't given a good take
    Well you didn't need 7,633 posts to establish yourself as easily one of the dumbest posters on here. I cant tell if you're just trolling or just plain stupid with some of the garbage you post, you even quote idiotic takes as well. TheGreatFraud. Honestly what team do you really support? Its obviously not the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that the Spurs were big-4 those days, including Bowen. He was much better then Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked that Bowen is getting more votes. What the , people? This is pretty straightforward.

Offense: Green >>> Bowen
    Defense: Bowen > Green
    Overall: Green > Bowen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh. They both catch and shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson about assuming. The other option for presenting an argument against a player (that apparently you're not aware of) is just having an honest, objective conversation. Ever tried that? I love DG and Bowen and I'm not sure at this point in DG's career who's better. You came into this thread with a weak attempt to troll people who voted for Bowen. I get it. It doesn't benefit you to acknowledge that DG's 2-19 in Games 6 and 7 significantly contributed to the Spurs losing those games. That's why you refuse to do it. Despite me staying on point with that one simple comment, it's why you continue to deflect to his performance in Games 1-5 and attempt to move the goal posts to the notion that any criticism of DG's performance equates to placing the entire blame for those losses on him. It doesn't work that way.

Of course I acknowledge others' faults. Why wouldn't I? It doesn't change the fact that DG's 2-19 in Games 6 and 7 significantly contributed to us losing those games. These things aren't mutually exclusive. It only becomes an issue if you try to move the goal posts to "don't put all the blame on the guy I'm trying to defend in this thread because it undermines my trolling!!! " The best players, Duncan and Kawhi, did show up. Ginobili was Turnobili in Game 6 and Porker was underperformed in both games. But that doesn't mean that DG's disappearing act didn't significantly contribute to the losses. Make sense?
    No when you come into a thread you discuss the point of the thread, since when did you have internet?

Oh so if the people who chose green over bowen, who presented facts and stats are just trolling over those who picked bowen who have nothing more to offer than nostalgia and sweet memories of the past not acknowledging that the stats say otherwise and that he played with prime duncan and manu? Okay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh. They both catch and shoot
    All-time record for 3s made in a Finals series...he can catch fire in a way that Bowen rarely or never did. He's also a better athlete, which makes him more competent at scoring in many situations. Bowen was once on the verge of being cut from the NBA and never being remembered by anyone. I'm glad that he found his niche with the Spurs, but that's got to mean something in this type of debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked that Bowen is getting more votes. What the , people? This is pretty straightforward.

Defense: Bowen > Green
    Overall: Green > Bowen
    What about leadership, intangibles?? And you forgot to write: Defense: Bowen > Green x10... Also Green will lose you les more than he will win you, he's too hot and cold which is a bad intangible to have, cause it's a role that Spurs need stability the most instead of hot streaks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All-time record for 3s made in a Finals series...he can catch fire in a way that Bowen rarely or never did. He's also a better athlete, which makes him more competent at scoring in many situations. Bowen was once on the verge of being cut from the NBA and never being remembered by anyone. I'm glad that he found his niche with the Spurs, but that's got to mean something in this type of debate.
    He made the new record but also disappeared during the last 2 games so no ring, all those 5 hot games and the record were useless.
    I disagree with Danny being the better athlete Bruce was quicker in lateral movements, how can Danny be more competent when he only have 2 offensive moves, the 3 and the hesitation that ends in some unreliable jump shot.
    Danny was at the end of the Cavs roster too with no good future... was waived, Dennis Rodman was drafted at age 25, Manu was a #57 overall pick.
    How can he be more athletic? He never jumped like this

And I bet he cant jump like that even if you beg him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone trying to paint this as an easy choice is naive tbqh. Good thread topic to inspire debate. Still Bowen for me because Danny lacks the consistency Bruce showed night in and night out. But I think he can still change my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green was cut in the NBA a few times too. I agree that green is better offensively but to say >>> is a stretch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And green delivered in 2 straight finals, we would have a b2b if Duncan was there to rebouns for the last play and Green couldve been fmvp.

And no you cannot do a player v player without stats. I bet Green would win 3 les with prime duncan too
    you! Green couldn't be, it was Duncan, Duncan, Duncan who the award been stolen for him, years later and i still can barely live because of it... don't try put them in the same sentence, you ind sorry ass clown!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recorded and watched the 2005 finals game 7 from NBA TV last night. Holy Bowen was a good defender. He just absolutely shut down Chauncey Billups. Plus he hit a massively clutch three when the game was tight. I think some of you have forgotten just how good he was. No defender in the NBA today moves his feet as well as Bowen did.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen if you don't have another very good stopper. Green if you've got a Kawhi guy at the other wing position.

Thread Information