Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"Arms" is pretty vague, tbh, unless specifically pointing to the human body. I mean, outside of fresh air, almost anything can be used as a weapon under the right cir stances.

Would be cool to see somebody challenge car insurance/registration/ les under a 2nd Amendment claim, just as sort of reverse test of the 2nd Amendment.
    "well regulated"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but dem vehicle bump stocks tho
    Search for the term "bump stock" on this site prior to the Vegas shooting. None of you ever heard of it. Now it's the most evil thing ever. You can do the same thing just by wrapping a finger from the trigger hand around a belt loop while shooting the gun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People do not own 50 caliber machine guns for personal protection. Unless they own them before 1980 something. So now we got automatics of any type bought because people want to collect stuff.

Its still a mess. The gun people know.

Ask them if they wanted to do as "well" as Vegas guy, what type of weapon(s) they would buy currently available and how they would use them? Then we get a response of renting a gasoline transport truck and driving it off a bridge onto traffic stacked on a freeway below at rush hour.
    Oh that's easy: Nerve gas. Just set it off in the middle of that crowd and no one leaves. Or one person with Ebola virus making physical contact with everyone they come into contact with at a concert.

The gas truck would kill maybe 20 people, maybe.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You actually can own a tank. It's just a vehicle.
    Then this is the vehicle you want to ram/smash crowds with. A fast one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh that's easy: Nerve gas. Just set it off in the middle of that crowd and no one leaves.
    And there ya go.
    Only thing is procuring the right stuff. You try to get the right chemicals to even make one and you will get a visit from ATF. Chemists know this. Or kids that wanna play on the Internet. Their parents gonna get a surprise.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then this is the vehicle you want to ram/smash crowds with. A fast one.
    No. You don't have the ability to get there undetected and it's too expensive for the type of person who is willing to die to kill a few people.

You just use a big panel truck, and you have some explosives rigged in cars nearby. When the initial event has come to a conclusion and the emergency response guys are onsite along with news and bystanders, you detonate the next wave. That will bring more emergency folks. Then you snipe.

Of course, you'd have to be better at planning than the seemingly spur of the moment we see these days. The 911 attack is a good example of a plan to kill a lot of people, except the buildings were basically empty, sort of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Search for the term "bump stock" on this site prior to the Vegas shooting. None of you ever heard of it. Now it's the most evil thing ever. You can do the same thing just by wrapping a finger from the trigger hand around a belt loop while shooting the gun.
    That sounds inconvenient.

let's help the shooter out that's having to wrap fingers around belt loops by manufacturing easy to use bump stocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there ya go.
    Only thing is procuring the right stuff. You try to get the right chemicals to even make one and you will get a visit from ATF. Chemists know this. Or kids that wanna play on the Internet. Their parents gonna get a surprise.
    It's a byproduct. Any decent chemist can make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You don't have the ability to get there undetected and it's too expensive for the type of person who is willing to die to kill a few people.

You just use a big panel truck, and you have some explosives rigged in cars nearby. When the initial event has come to a conclusion and the emergency response guys are onsite along with news and bystanders, you detonate the next wave. That will bring more emergency folks. Then you snipe.

Of course, you'd have to be better at planning than the seemingly spur of the moment we see these days. The 911 attack is a good example of a plan to kill a lot of people, except the buildings were basically empty, sort of.
    Too complicated.

Let's get these guys some bump stocking ar15's instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh that's easy: Nerve gas. Just set it off in the middle of that crowd and no one leaves. Or one person with Ebola virus making physical contact with everyone they come into contact with at a concert.

So you visit Africa and pick a guy up and pay him? Dont you think you could get or make an automatic weapon easier and do Vegas guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a byproduct. Any decent chemist can make it.
    So you got a decent chemist to buy to help you? Or maybe you just look it up on the Internet and give it a go alone? I think you can get a gun easier and be far more effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you visit Africa and pick a guy up and pay him? Dont you think you could get or make an automatic weapon easier and do Vegas guy?
    People can run, and that will reduce your numbers significantly if you're going to use bullets.

Most of you have never fired an automatic weapon. Go do so, tell me how accurate you were. There's a reason teams use single fire or burst fire instead of full auto for actual targets. Dude in Vegas fired how many rounds and hit how many people? One RPG down the middle probably does as much damage if not more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you got a decent chemist to buy to help you? Or maybe you just look it up on the Internet and give it a go alone? I think you can get a gun easier and be far more effective.
    Are you saying the perp cannot be a decent chemist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its still a mess. The gun people know.

Ask them if they wanted to do as "well" as Vegas guy, what type of weapon(s) they would buy currently available and how they would use them? Then we get a response of renting a gasoline transport truck and driving it off a bridge onto traffic stacked on a freeway below at rush hour.
    And I predicted this.
    All the other hypotheticals that are much more difficult to obtain the equipment and carry out the act.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am saying you personally are not a decent chemist.
    You have to do better than Vegas guy.
    What weapon and how? You have taken the most difficult paths, by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can run, and that will reduce your numbers significantly if you're going to use bullets.

Most of you have never fired an automatic weapon. Go do so, tell me how accurate you were. There's a reason teams use single fire or burst fire instead of full auto for actual targets. Dude in Vegas fired how many rounds and hit how many people? One RPG down the middle probably does as much damage if not more.
    So how do you get an RPG?

And this is exactly why I am asking the gun people. Because you guys have the easiest way. You know this stuff. You don't know chemistry, you don't know biology, you know guns. Because people that do know chemistry, physics, and biology understand the difficulty of what you are proposing.

And then think of cases with people in a barrel. This is how our protection, police etc... must think. I hope they are anyway.
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-15-2018 at 04:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gasoline, or natural gas, if rigged to explode, would kill more than 20 on a crowded freeway. Flash burns reported from such things happen at large distances. If I remember correctly like 3rd degree burns over a block away.

HIGHLY exothermic reactions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most terrorists tend to not be the stable type. One saving grace about terrorism. Hard to get a good education for people like that.

Not impossible, just unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/search?q=2nd+...+think+it+does

Up until the NRA and gun manufacturers started pushing guns as the Solution To All Problems, we didn't used to think that unrestricted gun rights were what the framers intended.

The second amendment was put in place to allow states to have militias, to augment the Continental army.

That's it.

It doesn't give you the right to own guns, especially outside those militias.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that was a waste of time. I see zero "well regulated" militias of private citizens in the us. Try and pretend you know of any now.

I see a bunch of kooks with guns tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/search?q=2nd+...+think+it+does

The second amendment was put in place to allow states to have militias, to augment the Continental army.

It doesn't give you the right to own guns, especially outside those militias.
    no, the militias were in the 2nd Amendment to satisfy the ing slave states and their slave-hunting, slave-oppressing posses.

Keller decision by the oligarchy SCOTUS 5 ACTIVIST-ly overrode, divorced "militias" and "rights to bear arms".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... but they, and nothing else, are not sacredly protected by perversion of the 2nd Amendment.
    There are regulations on speech and due process too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most terrorists tend to not be the stable type. One saving grace about terrorism. Hard to get a good education for people like that.

Not impossible, just unlikely.
    What a good education does in Science is to understand how difficult these things are and probability. Personally, I would use some sort of pipe bomb. No... And probably create a dud or blow myself apart first. And not meaning to brag, I know the biology-chemistry physics it would take for all this crazy people think they can do. You need experts. People can goof around and such but actually getting good at creating this stuff is hard. Most of the chemists I know are hydrocarbon guys. They know how to do hydrocarbon stuff. They could read up on how to make a decent nerve agent I'm sure, but even if crazy I know they would be more likely to kill themselves. Right now any of us could very easily create a chlorine gas device. But the amount of material, where you would place it, where it would disperse????? Very difficult. The bio stuf is hugely difficult. The guys who work with the really nasty viruses, bacteria are on a list. As are the chemists. And they ARE NOT necessarily experts in dispersal. You gotta be good and practiced. That's why killing the terrorist behind the bomb making is so important. They have experience and can teach others who must be capable. Knowlege, capability, materials, will... That's a very rare combination.

The point:

The guys on this site that know and have a lot of experience with guns could get something together much better than a noob like myself or most others. They would be the most effective at killing large numbers of people. Because they know the best devices, guns. You can just walk into a supermarket and buy ammonia and Chlorox. You can't go kill a large and large group of people with it. I doubt most people could even kill their wife with it. You can go into Home Depot and buy pipe fitting, nails (shrapnel) obtain elsewhere gunpowder and diesel, look on the Internet and then go try this. But, It's difficult. Practice, recipe, and then most likely hurt yourself. How to hide it? The noise.... The car examples are definitely the easiest for those who don't use a gun. But you run into bodies and other things. It's guns.

So again I ask the gun guys, what weapons and how? You guys know the best devices well. And they are available, already prepared. Piercing bodies with pieces of metal is much more effective than ramming people with a large hunk of metal plastic (car). "Put her in forward/reverse so we can run them down multiple times just to be sure"

Last attempt, I've asked this before.

Thread Information