Page 121 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3559
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    From 76ers perspective:

- Bender is probably better value than whatever they can get for Noel at this point, but it would make sense for them to re-route him for a guard.
    I'm still waiting for Ainge to pull the trigger on a Nerlens/Smart trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like the first chip that needs to fall is a decision on Cousins. If he is traded and Boston misses, then I think they'd be more open to hearing other offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap is a good player but i dont wanna be the team paying him 30+m/year next season. Good fit in Toronto or Boston

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs to go to Toronto ASAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o? Is anybody there?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The situation with Patty has me wondering whether sign and trades are palatable again under the new CBA? Anyone know?

Im afraid we're going to lose Patty for nothing. He's too important to trade this season, and he's due a huge paycheck this summer. Sure the Spurs have his bird rights but do they really want to commit big money while trying to develop Murray, develop Forbes, and pay Parker?

If, like under two CBAs ago it does, maybe the Spurs and Philly can help each other out via a Noel/Patty (and parts) swap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, what are the cap implications if the Spurs and Pau agree to essentially refinance his last year (a la Jefferson)? E.g., Pau opts out, and immediately resigns a 3yr/30m deal starting at a low figure in year one to preserve max flexibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The situation with Patty has me wondering whether sign and trades are palatable again under the new CBA? Anyone know?

Im afraid we're going to lose Patty for nothing. He's too important to trade this season, and he's due a huge paycheck this summer. Sure the Spurs have his bird rights but do they really want to commit big money while trying to develop Murray, develop Forbes, and pay Parker?

If, like under two CBAs ago it does, maybe the Spurs and Philly can help each other out via a Noel/Patty (and parts) swap.
    I don't think a S&T is going to happen with Mills. Most of the teams that will be after him will have significant cap room to sign him outright. My guess is that we lose him for nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, what are the cap implications if the Spurs and Pau agree to essentially refinance his last year (a la Jefferson)? E.g., Pau opts out, and immediately resigns a 3yr/30m deal starting at a low figure in year one to preserve max flexibility.
    My guess is that something like that would be an option if we need additional space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we have to trade Mills to Phila it won't be for Noel but, in case, for Okafor...Noel is gonna get paid next year a la Mills (his rookie contract ends and he'll be a restricted free agent). Actually, a package of Simmons and Mills (or Kyle and Mills, but i like Kyle more than Simmons and think he has more potential) for Okafor makes sense probably for both, considering Phila has too many bigs and that we are probably gonna have a problem resigning Dedmon if he opts out next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should put feelers out for Kyle and/or the 29th. Would
    Be good to pick up an asset for the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hakpuf2

All of the discussion abut trading Aldridge always results in us taking a step back. Here's one that keeps us compe ive this year and keeps us from overpaying Patty this summer plus Love's contract is reasonable and locked in.. Alternatively if Cleveland wants Melo is could look something like this..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z6qt85r

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hakpuf2

All of the discussion abut trading Aldridge always results in us taking a step back. Here's one that keeps us compe ive this year and keeps us from overpaying Patty this summer plus Love's contract is reasonable and locked in.. Alternatively if Cleveland wants Melo is could look something like this..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z6qt85r

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm bored this morning...Here's another that doesn't make us take a step back....and add our 1st plus a stashed prospect going to Chicago..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hkcuj4h

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading for Love would be awful. LMA is better and bigger and not injured. It's definitely not worth giving up a prospect and taking back Shump on top of that.

I fully expect LMA to be a Spur for probably six more years. His size future-proofs him way more than most other bigs.

I'm not a fan of Butler trades, but that's not terrible value at least. The team would still need a combo-forward to bridge the gap between Green's and Lee's weaknesses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading for Love would be awful. LMA is better and bigger and not injured. It's definitely not worth giving up a prospect and taking back Shump on top of that.

I fully expect LMA to be a Spur for probably six more years. His size future-proofs him way more than most other bigs.

I'm not a fan of Butler trades, but that's not terrible value at least. The team would still need a combo-forward to bridge the gap between Green's and Lee's weaknesses.
    I don't expect a LMA trade, nor do I think we should trade him in the middle of a season. I just see all of these hypothetical trades that take huge steps back this season so, I thought I'd work up a couple that don't knock us so far down that we'd lose home court advantage in the 1st round. It's purely an exercise for the entertainment value on my part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle for R. Holmes + swap Spurs 2017 first for philly's highest 2017 2nd (currently 34).

Get a cost controlled big prospect and insurance in case Dedmon and/or Lee leave. Give Kyle a chance to reboot his career on a new team.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you mean range/shooting? That's supposed to be one thing that doesn't deteriorate with age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you mean range/shooting? That's supposed to be one thing that doesn't deteriorate with age.
    Nah, I meant the fact that he can be a center for years after his agility goes away because of how big he is. Dude's not even undersized for a five.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I meant the fact that he can be a center for years after his agility goes away because of how big he is. Dude's not even undersized for a five.
    I see your point. At worst he could be a very rich man's Bonner as he gets older, spacing the floor on offense and banging down low on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point. At worst he could be a very rich man's Bonner as he gets older, spacing the floor on offense and banging down low on defense.
    Yeah, to me it's about his contract after next year. He signs a deal befitting a third-option and lets the Spurs bring in a guard to match with Kawhi, and he can be a Spur until he's 40. If he wants something close to $30 Million, he can find that somewhere else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If PHX calls you on trade night and says they're willing to move their 1st rounder for LMA do you do it?

The deal would be centered largely around the pick with PHX being able to absorb a good chuck of LMA's contract into space. As a collateral benefit the team opens up the capspace needed to retain Dedmon and possibly pick up other pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think there's any way the Suns trade that pick for LMA unless it falls to six or seven. And again, it would matter how the season ended. I'd rather give up a pick to move Pau than get back a pick for LMA if he plays well.

Thread Information