My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bob Mueller’s White Hot Summer

Mueller will not indict the president, but will issue a comprehensive and detailed report.

None of us outside the famously tight-lipped Special Counsel’s Office can know what Mueller will conclude.

Will it rival Watergate? Not yet clear.

But we do know that the modern standard for impeachment was set in 1998, when independent counsel Kenneth Starr and a Republican House concluded that

one instance of lying under oath about a sexual indiscretion was enough.

Starr even concluded that he had the authority to indict President Clinton on those grounds, though he did not do so.

If that is the standard, Mueller’s findings involving President Trump will easily clear that very low bar.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...gEmail__053018

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

lol Chris and TSA bodyslammed through a burning table

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller will not indict the president, but will issue a comprehensive and detailed report.
    and that will be the end of it, more or less.

impeachment is the remedy for guys like DJT. hard to imagine a US Senate supermajority convicting, supposing it even gets that far.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

impeachment is the remedy for guys like DJT. hard to imagine a US Senate supermajority convicting, supposing it even gets that far.
    Yeah. Mueller runs a tight ship and is impossible to say he won't indict him. Or already indicted in multiple jurisdictions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very true. no one can predict what Mueller will do.

my guess would be a booming punt to the US Congress. it would be odd for Mueller to break precedent.

it would be politically inflammatory as well. much as one might wish it for a politician as obviously crooked as DJT, there are good reasons not to indict high officers of government. using criminal law as a club to beat the opposition and overturn election results takes us in the direction of countries like Brazil, Russia and Turkey.

if we go down that road, not only will recrimination be endless, both sides will have a powerful motive to overstay their electoral mandate. using the law to criminalize the opposition practically ensures that one party or the other will break the republic -- the stakes of losing elections will be too high.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 05-30-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unlike Ken Starr's order where he was supposed to publish everything on Clinton, Mueller is forbidden to do so, can only give to Congress, not the public, as the article says

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be very surprising if the report didn't leak

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

lol Chris and TSA bodyslammed through a burning table
    they didn't even get the do ents they requested you dip

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The Steele dossier theory fell apart, now the Mifsud/Papadapolous/Downer theory is falling apart....what will their next theory be?

The Maltese Phantom of Russiagate

In the shifting narratives of the Trump-Russia probe, a Maltese academic named Joseph Mifsud has remained a linchpin regarding claims of collusion. He is the professor who allegedly told Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos that the Russians had emails related to the Clinton campaign. The FBI says it opened its investigation in late July 2016 after Papadopoulos relayed that information to Australian diplomat Alexander Downer, and the Australians tipped off U.S. authorities.

While some news accounts describe Mifsud as an accomplice to Russian clandestine operations or a “cut-out” (intermediary), others contend he is a full-fledged Russian spy.

In an official report, Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence asserted that “in their approach to Papadopoulos, the Russians used common tradecraft and employed a cut-out,” a “Kremlin-linked…Maltese professor named Joseph Mifsud.”

No one in the American intelligence community has publicly challenged this description.

But there is one major problem with this story: No evidence has been presented to support the claim. Although Mifsud has traveled many times to Russia and has contacts with Russian academics, his closest public ties are to Western governments, politicians, and ins utions, including the CIA, FBI and British intelligence services. One of Mifsud’s jobs has been to train diplomats, police officers, and intelligence officers at schools in London and Rome, where he lived and worked over the last dozen years.

The house-of-mirrors nature of the claim that Mifsud is a spy is reflected in the guilty plea Papadopoulos signed on Oct. 5, 2017 for making several material false statements to the FBI. It reads, in part: “Defendant PAPADOPOULOS further told the investigating agents that the professor was ‘a nothing’ and ‘just a guy talk[ing] up connections or something.’ In truth and in fact, however, defendant PAPADOPOULOS understood that the professor had substantial connections to Russian government officials (and had met with some of those officials in Moscow immediately prior to telling defendant PAPADOPOULOS about the ‘thousands of emails’) and, over a period of months, defendant PAPADOPOULOS repeatedly sought to use the professor's Russian connections in an effort to arrange a meeting between the Campaign and Russian government officials.”

If Mifsud truly is a Russian agent – which is key to the collusion narrative – he could prove to be one of the most promiscuous spies in modern history. Western intelligence agencies and European politicians would have to spend the next few decades repairing the damage he did to global security by infiltrating key ins utions and personnel. As of yet, however, there is no indication that any intelligence service has begun the embarrassing, but highly important, assessment of how it was penetrated and how it can re-fortify the vulnerabilities that Mifsud may have exposed. There has been no public effort to arrest him.

While most media accounts have simply repeated official claims that Mifsud is a sketchy character whose visits to Russia and academic contacts suggest he is working for Russian intelligence, a look at the available evidence challenges that narrative. It also raises the possibility that Mifsud, whose circles are tied to the Clintons, may, like another professor recently in the news, Stefan Halper, have actually been working for Western intelligence agencies.
    Disappearance

Painting a full picture of Mifsud is difficult because after the 58-year-old professor was first identified by name in a Washington Post article in the weeks following Papadopoulos’ confession, he gave a few interviews to the international press, and then disappeared.

Rumors circulated in the press that the Kremlin-linked professor may have been recalled to Russia or was liquidated.

A new book by former colleagues of Mifsud’s – Stephan Roh, a 50-year-old Swiss-German lawyer, and Thierry Pastor, a 35-year-old French political analyst – reports that he is alive and well. Their account includes a recent interview with him.

Their self-published book, “The Faking of Russia-gate: The Papadopoulos Case, an Investigative Analysis,” includes a recent interview with Mifsud in which he denies saying anything about Clinton emails to Papadopoulos. Mifsud, they write, stated “vehemently that he never told anything like this to George Papadopoulos.” Mifsud asked rhetorically: “From where should I have this [information]?”

Mifsud’s account seems to be supported by Alexander Downer, the Australian diplomat who alerted authorities about Papadopoulos. As reported in the Daily Caller, Downer said Papadopoulos never mentioned emails; he spoke, instead, about the Russians possessing material that could be damaging to Clinton. This new detail raises the possibility that Mifsud, Papadopoulos’ alleged source for the information, never said anything about Clinton-related emails either.

In interviews with RealClearInvestigations, Roh and Pastor said Mifsud is anything but a Russian spy. Rather, he is more likely a Western intelligence asset.

According to the two authors, it was a former Italian intelligence official, Vincenzo Scotti, a colleague of Mifsud’s and onetime interior minister, who told the professor to go into hiding. “I don’t know who was hiding him,” said Roh, “but I’m sure it was organized by someone. And I am sure it will be difficult to get to the bottom of it.”

Roh said Mifsud was afraid when he first went into hiding. “He had been moved to a place far away in Italy. In November and December, it broke him down. He was under so much pressure and cut off from the world. He had no internet or access to communications.”

Pastor and Roh, who hired Mifsud as a business development consultant in 2015, write that far from being a Russian spy, Mifsud “had only one master: the Western Political, Diplomatic and Intelligence World, his only home, of which he is still deeply dependent.”

There is plenty of open source material that supports their thesis.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....iagate_.html14

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The Steele dossier theory fell apart, now the Mifsud/Papadapolous/Downer theory is falling apart....what will their next theory be?

The Maltese Phantom of Russiagate

In the shifting narratives of the Trump-Russia probe, a Maltese academic named Joseph Mifsud has remained a linchpin regarding claims of collusion. He is the professor who allegedly told Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos that the Russians had emails related to the Clinton campaign. The FBI says it opened its investigation in late July 2016 after Papadopoulos relayed that information to Australian diplomat Alexander Downer, and the Australians tipped off U.S. authorities.

While some news accounts describe Mifsud as an accomplice to Russian clandestine operations or a “cut-out” (intermediary), others contend he is a full-fledged Russian spy.

In an official report, Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence asserted that “in their approach to Papadopoulos, the Russians used common tradecraft and employed a cut-out,” a “Kremlin-linked…Maltese professor named Joseph Mifsud.”

No one in the American intelligence community has publicly challenged this description.

But there is one major problem with this story: No evidence has been presented to support the claim. Although Mifsud has traveled many times to Russia and has contacts with Russian academics, his closest public ties are to Western governments, politicians, and ins utions, including the CIA, FBI and British intelligence services. One of Mifsud’s jobs has been to train diplomats, police officers, and intelligence officers at schools in London and Rome, where he lived and worked over the last dozen years.

The house-of-mirrors nature of the claim that Mifsud is a spy is reflected in the guilty plea Papadopoulos signed on Oct. 5, 2017 for making several material false statements to the FBI. It reads, in part: “Defendant PAPADOPOULOS further told the investigating agents that the professor was ‘a nothing’ and ‘just a guy talk[ing] up connections or something.’ In truth and in fact, however, defendant PAPADOPOULOS understood that the professor had substantial connections to Russian government officials (and had met with some of those officials in Moscow immediately prior to telling defendant PAPADOPOULOS about the ‘thousands of emails’) and, over a period of months, defendant PAPADOPOULOS repeatedly sought to use the professor's Russian connections in an effort to arrange a meeting between the Campaign and Russian government officials.”

If Mifsud truly is a Russian agent – which is key to the collusion narrative – he could prove to be one of the most promiscuous spies in modern history. Western intelligence agencies and European politicians would have to spend the next few decades repairing the damage he did to global security by infiltrating key ins utions and personnel. As of yet, however, there is no indication that any intelligence service has begun the embarrassing, but highly important, assessment of how it was penetrated and how it can re-fortify the vulnerabilities that Mifsud may have exposed. There has been no public effort to arrest him.

While most media accounts have simply repeated official claims that Mifsud is a sketchy character whose visits to Russia and academic contacts suggest he is working for Russian intelligence, a look at the available evidence challenges that narrative. It also raises the possibility that Mifsud, whose circles are tied to the Clintons, may, like another professor recently in the news, Stefan Halper, have actually been working for Western intelligence agencies.
    Disappearance

Painting a full picture of Mifsud is difficult because after the 58-year-old professor was first identified by name in a Washington Post article in the weeks following Papadopoulos’ confession, he gave a few interviews to the international press, and then disappeared.

Rumors circulated in the press that the Kremlin-linked professor may have been recalled to Russia or was liquidated.

A new book by former colleagues of Mifsud’s – Stephan Roh, a 50-year-old Swiss-German lawyer, and Thierry Pastor, a 35-year-old French political analyst – reports that he is alive and well. Their account includes a recent interview with him.

Their self-published book, “The Faking of Russia-gate: The Papadopoulos Case, an Investigative Analysis,” includes a recent interview with Mifsud in which he denies saying anything about Clinton emails to Papadopoulos. Mifsud, they write, stated “vehemently that he never told anything like this to George Papadopoulos.” Mifsud asked rhetorically: “From where should I have this [information]?”

Mifsud’s account seems to be supported by Alexander Downer, the Australian diplomat who alerted authorities about Papadopoulos. As reported in the Daily Caller, Downer said Papadopoulos never mentioned emails; he spoke, instead, about the Russians possessing material that could be damaging to Clinton. This new detail raises the possibility that Mifsud, Papadopoulos’ alleged source for the information, never said anything about Clinton-related emails either.

In interviews with RealClearInvestigations, Roh and Pastor said Mifsud is anything but a Russian spy. Rather, he is more likely a Western intelligence asset.

According to the two authors, it was a former Italian intelligence official, Vincenzo Scotti, a colleague of Mifsud’s and onetime interior minister, who told the professor to go into hiding. “I don’t know who was hiding him,” said Roh, “but I’m sure it was organized by someone. And I am sure it will be difficult to get to the bottom of it.”

Roh said Mifsud was afraid when he first went into hiding. “He had been moved to a place far away in Italy. In November and December, it broke him down. He was under so much pressure and cut off from the world. He had no internet or access to communications.”

Pastor and Roh, who hired Mifsud as a business development consultant in 2015, write that far from being a Russian spy, Mifsud “had only one master: the Western Political, Diplomatic and Intelligence World, his only home, of which he is still deeply dependent.”

There is plenty of open source material that supports their thesis.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....iagate_.html14

TLDR

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

lol Chris

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, salient point, guy who uses "witch hunt" to make his point.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

fake name twitter handle must dismiss findings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy, he knows all.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    they didn't even get the do ents they requested you dip

Gowdy: "The FBI acted appropriately"

TSA

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy, he knows all.
    more then YOU

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    *than. Damn ducks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really.

He's a private citizen, just like me who has no idea what Mueller, the FBI or congress know behind closed doors.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not really.

He's a private citizen, just like me who has no idea what Mueller, the FBI or congress know behind closed doors.
    the bots are antsy it seems

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Not really.

Bongino's statement isn't up for debate, Comey admitted to hiding the investigation from congressional oversight.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    the bots are antsy it seems
    Steele dossier story dead

Mifsud/Papadapolous/Downer story dead

What is today's story on how the investigation started?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bongino's statement isn't up for debate, Comey admitted to hiding the investigation from congressional oversight.
    Active investigations are active investigations.

Even anonymous Twitter knows that.

Gowdy gotcha good, TSA.

lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Steele dossier story dead

Mifsud/Papadapolous/Downer story dead

What is today's story on how the investigation started?
    thats not important. just be grateful it started.

Thread Information