Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he is worth 1/5th of the cap. He's an empty numbers guy who bogs down the offense. He doesn't give a , he comes to camp out of shape. I don't see the upside to keeping him.
    He's still a positive impact guy whether you see that or not. He isn't the first option. He's still a better option than anyone on the team besides Kawhi.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still a positive impact guy whether you see that or not. He isn't the first option. He's still a better option than anyone on the team besides Kawhi.
    Statistically he's a little above average NBA player, and man does he fail the eye test too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge can't pass the ball for . He's starting to remind me of Antoine Walker: a guy who can bury the other team when his shot is falling but who is no good to his team when it isn't. I'd dump him now even if Paul wasn't coming.
    And replace with who?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant 2.0 thread. Free agency is like Spurstalkers in a candy store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful . . .

Lol on that last one with Kawhi with the dumb face... That fool had been dragging this team with him right now and it's to the tune of Conference Finals. Keep LA and give this guy one more dude. One more cat that can say, I got this homie, and the Spurs got this done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hayward agrees to go Boston early enough, Hill's price comes down a bit as Utah won't bother to bring him back.

If Hill is gettable at say, 23.5 to start, they can keep Simmons, Kyle, their pick, add Milutinov, sign Hanga and a big starting at least at $4 million using all cap space plus the room exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And replace with who?
    You could throw a max offer at Blake Griffin after salary dumping Aldridge. Or maybe get someone like Ibaka for less money. Or use that money to go out and get a couple of decent guards. This team is going to be so thin in the backcourt as things stand next year. I'd rather pay Gordon Hayward $25 million than Aldridge $21 million. Or if Hayward starts leaning Boston's way maybe the Spurs could step in and steal Avery Bradley from the Celtics to allow them to open up the capspace needed to sign Hayward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hayward agrees to go Boston early enough, Hill's price comes down a bit as Utah won't bother to bring him back.

If Hill is gettable at say, 23.5 to start, they can keep Simmons, Kyle, their pick, add Milutinov, sign Hanga and a big starting at least at $4 million using all cap space plus the room exception.
    George Hill on a $100 million contract at 31 years old?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There a fair amount of statistical evidence to say LaMarcus is not...

PoP48 -1.0 http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...arcus-aldridge which is to say they estimate that replacing Aldridge with an average guy would result in a net gain of +1 pt 48 minutes to the team.

VORP 1.8 http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l#all_advanced, "A box score estimate of the points per 100 TEAM possessions that a player contributed above a replacement-level (-2.0) player", note that the theoretical replacement player is "a player who is not a normal member of a teams rotation", not an average player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe y'all don't get it, the Spurs are NOT getting rid of LMA under any cir stances.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Gordon Hayward in Spurs uniform makes me vomit as well. Oh, and Ibaka in Spurs uni... The Spurs don't need anymore low IQ basketball players. They already have Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe y'all don't get it, the Spurs are NOT getting rid of LMA under any cir stances.
    They would probably rather let Gasol go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't give him that at 25 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would probably rather let Gasol go.
    Yeah, I agree. Pau just didn't work. I was really excited but it was too much for him.

I hate this time of year. Everybody talking about "Let's trade Patty Mills for LeBron James, Green for Curry and Kyle Anderson for 90s Jordan."

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could throw a max offer at Blake Griffin after salary dumping Aldridge. Or maybe get someone like Ibaka for less money. Or use that money to go out and get a couple of decent guards. This team is going to be so thin in the backcourt as things stand next year. I'd rather pay Gordon Hayward $25 million than Aldridge $21 million. Or if Hayward starts leaning Boston's way maybe the Spurs could step in and steal Avery Bradley from the Celtics to allow them to open up the capspace needed to sign Hayward.
    More lateral moves for more money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon Hayward in Spurs uniform makes me vomit as well. Oh, and Ibaka in Spurs uni... The Spurs don't need anymore low IQ basketball players. They already have Green.
    Yeah Aldridge is Mensa material

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There a fair amount of statistical evidence to say LaMarcus is not...

PoP48 -1.0 http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...arcus-aldridge which is to say they estimate that replacing Aldridge with an average guy would result in a net gain of +1 pt 48 minutes to the team.

VORP 1.8 http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l#all_advanced, "A box score estimate of the points per 100 TEAM possessions that a player contributed above a replacement-level (-2.0) player", note that the theoretical replacement player is "a player who is not a normal member of a teams rotation", not an average player
    He plays big minutes vs starters and is rarely injured. That is HUGE. You don't understand how grueling the NBA season is.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather pay someone big money to theoretically play 75% over 100% of the games than to play 85% and be icy hot.

You win more games with the 75% because you can play around those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, who wants that contract for a bigman who can't post James Harden up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, who wants that contract for a bigman who can't post James Harden up?
    Nobody. That's what people don't get. STers all think that everyone wants to trade their stars for our 14th or 15th guys. Delusional

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody. That's what people don't get. STers all think that everyone wants to trade their stars for our 14th or 15th guys. Delusional
    What gives me a glimmer of hope is how they got Atlanta to take a broken down Splitter for $9 million at a moment's notice. Lots of re ed GMs in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe 3/75

He is an elite 3 point shooter.

17 games post all star break, 48% fg, 43% from three

Jazz were 19 & 2 when he scored at least 19, 7th ranked point guard in PAAC (points above average created).

50% on corner threes post all star.

40% catch and sit threes.

41% on pull ups.

92% percentile pick and roll producer.

EFG % when a defender went under the screen: 91%, #1 in NBA

I think Holliday is probably better for the team with his playmaking and age, but Hill like a much better shooter. You guys want spacing for Kawhi or LMA? Hill is the guy.

Plus he softens the PR hit of stretching Parker, by bringing back a former Spur and pop's favorite player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays big minutes vs starters and is rarely injured. That is HUGE. You don't understand how grueling the NBA season is.
    There are lots of players who play more minutes than Aldridge. If you're falling behind in those minutes, that's not a good thing. He doesn't get injured because he plays SOFT; he doesn't fight for rebounds, post position

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he is worth 1/5th of the cap. He's an empty numbers guy who bogs down the offense. He doesn't give a , he comes to camp out of shape. I don't see the upside to keeping him.
    baseline bum bringing the cold hard truth to this thread. Gotta find some way to get rid of LaBeta this summer.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What gives me a glimmer of hope is how they got Atlanta to take a broken down Splitter for $9 million at a moment's notice. Lots of re ed GMs in the NBA.
    I also think you can find someone who needs more help down low, or more scoring, and can sell them on taking him. His contract is manageable compared to many of the bigs out there, and he can still go get you 20+ a night (or so we should say). I think the Spurs can argue they're building the O around Kawhi and just need to go a different direction. Lots of dumb GMs out there, only need one.

Thread Information