Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since this premise is wrong, everything falls after

Kawhi had an injured quad last season. Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but at the same time they said he had a quad tendinopathy

It's his body, his career, and I respect his right not to play if he still felt pain and his doctors gave him other diagnosis.
    If the injury was real, how did he magically recover to 100% a few days after his trade demand? Why is it LA and only LA if was really a case of mishandling/lack of support by the Spurs?

No offense, but you are a complete idiot if you actually believe the Uncle Dennis is selling you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we PLEASE move the Kawhi to one of the NUMEROUS Kawhi threads and get back to talking about Lonnie IV?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like you know what they talked about...right?
    As the media's job is to report on such communications, yes -- we would know what they talked about if it happened.

Any examples of that last season?

"According to Kawhi himself...."

Any of that?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Kawhi should have been answering questions about his health himself. He's not a child who needs his uncle and sister speak for him.

It's Kawhi's fault.

And if all the frustration that the Spurs had to go through because of him only manifested itself in two innocuous quotes, who could blame them?
    I love it when posters project their biases on to NBA players.

Why of course these multimillionaire elite athletes would think just like I do!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love it when posters project their biases on to NBA players.

Why of course these multimillionaire elite athletes would think just like I do!
    Millionaire athletes usually have no problem speaking for themselves about themselves.

Pretty simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we PLEASE move the Kawhi to one of the NUMEROUS Kawhi threads and get back to talking about Lonnie IV?
    Sorry I didn't turn this into a Kawhi's something since there were many previous posts about him before mine but I'll stop replying to help to keep this as a Loonie thread.

Like I've said before I liked a lot what I read, heard and watched about Walker these last days. So glad the Spurs drafted him. I'd love Pop giving him consistent minutes to develop him.

Can't waint for Spurs Summer League to watch him and White together!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This kid has athelticism. I know he has battled some knee issues but if stays healthy and Spurs can work i=on his shot and handle dude has some upside ...
    Nice pick by Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ramona wrote that Kawhi called Pop, Green, DJ and young guys all season...Gay said Kawhi called him during the season and vice versa

But if you want to believe he didn't communicate at all...I can't help.
    Danny clarified the comments twice now and said communication was sparse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny clarified the comments twice now and said communication was sparse
    Dialing back a bit as he opts in . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent pick. Don't know why a player who thereotically might have star potential or a tier below, who doesn't have character or future medical concerns, falls to 18, but luckily he did.

The irony is or at least could be, he's theoretically a near ideal long term compliment to Leonard and Murray on the perimeter. A non physical liability defensively, a decent or better shooter and someone who can create their own shot.

There's probably not a star in the bunch, but Murray, White, Walker, could conceivably be a nice back court going forward; which is impressive considering where they selected them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent pick. Don't know why a player who thereotically might have star potential or a tier below, who doesn't have character or future medical concerns, falls to 18, but luckily he did.

The irony is or at least could be, he's theoretically a near ideal long term compliment to Leonard and Murray on the perimeter. A non physical liability defensively, a decent or better shooter and someone who can create their own shot.

There's probably not a star in the bunch, but Murray, White, Walker, could conceivably be a nice back court going forward; which is impressive considering where they selected them.
    Way too early too make that statement. Anything's possible with their talent, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too early too make that statement. Anything's possible with their talent, tbh.
    That's why I said probably. The odds are always against it where they were selected. I also said Walker "theoretically might have star potential or a tier below".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, other teams were concerned about his health after his knee surgery but I'm glad the Spurs were willing to take a risk for him. I guess this will work so well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I said probably. The odds are always against it where they were selected. I also said Walker "theoretically might have star potential or a tier below".
    I stand corrected. My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He malingered. For months the Spurs have known this was a ploy to get himself on the Lakers this summer. Their knowledge leaked on this very forum. And what do you know, right before the draft he demands a trade to the Lakers, saying, trade me right now or lose me for nothing because I’ll sign there next year.

How conveeeeeeeeeenient that he would do that when they have $61 million in cap space this summer, and how conveeeeeenient that the Lakers just happen to have Luol Deng’s contract to match salaries!
    They can get Kawhi without using up cap space! Wheeee!

If this were really about his relationship with the Spurs or his “injury” he wouldn’t have made the LA-only demand. Sorry if you can’t see through the bull .
    don't hurt 'em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Lonnie Go
    Last edited by Dverde; 06-22-2018 at 05:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, other teams were concerned about his health after his knee surgery but I'm glad the Spurs were willing to take a risk for him. I guess this will work so well
    He played 32 games after his surgery. Meniscus tears are no big deal if repaired properly. Might suck when he is 60 but shouldnt affect his NBA career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Spurs are great with injuries.

Tim Duncan had meniscus surgery year three and went on to have a great and long career.

Like I said, Spurs are great with managing and treating injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I C WUT U Did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 32 games after his surgery. Meniscus tears are no big deal if repaired properly. Might suck when he is 60 but shouldnt affect his NBA career.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/1009973858005323776

Some people was worried but without his injury I doubt he would fallen #18 so if the Spurs wanted him, would have had to give something to get him...Now, they got him for nothing. Nice move.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it doesnt even work like that. A majority of meniscus surgeries are just cutting out. And research shows meniscus surgery is no better than placebo.... like a lot of other surgeries pros get and the general public overreacts about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Tim Duncan had meniscus surgery year three and went on to have a great and long career.

I didn't say that because Spurs' medical staff...After all, I guess Patty shoulder wasn't just "pain"...Who would have tought he needed a surgery? Spurs' doctors didn't and look at how it ended.

I said that because like others posted here, he's so young and his rehab looked good. That's why I think this wil work so well for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was one of the few exceptions with drafting small for me. Hopefully this signals the departure of those bums Porker and Forbes but I won't hold my breath.
    been thinking about this... definitely some guards have got to not be back. There already wasn't playing time for white last season. Something's (someone) has got to give...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

It IS NOT NEEDED.

Thread Information