Page 131 of 280 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 6986
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you're not good at logic. Sorry, just a fact.

Research logical fallacies, understand the concepts and then maybe, maybe it'll click for you.
    You appear to struggle with common sense, sorry just a fact.

Stop ignoring the times we live in vs back in the day and the future, you don't seem to get that aspect of things. You are far too wrapped up in the right now, well it simply doesn't work that way, hence your lack of common sense.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that Americans like a security blanket?

many of those believe in Bible God. You the think the Bible is bull so what does that tell you?
    That's right Americans need a security blanket, that isn't real obvious?

I totally respect the opinions of those who buy into The Bible. Why should I care how they go about it? The bottom line is they believe in a Supreme Being like I do. Not unlike another music lover digging rap, which I think sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You appear to struggle with common sense, sorry just a fact.

Stop ignoring the times we live in vs back in the day and the future, you don't seem to get that aspect of things. You are far too wrapped up in the right now, well it simply doesn't work that way, hence your lack of common sense.
    Oh look. A fallacy ^

Appeal To Widespread Belief (Bandwagon Argument, Peer Pressure, Appeal to Common Practice):the claim, as evidence for an idea, that many people believe it, or used to believe it, or do it.If the discussion is about social conventions, such as "good manners", then this is a reasonable line of argument.However, in the 1800's there was a widespread belief that bloodletting cured sickness. All of these people were not just wrong, but horribly wrong, because in fact it made people sicker. Clearly, the popularity of an idea is no guarantee that it's right.Similarly, a common justification for bribery is that "Everybody does it". And in the past, this was a justification for slavery.

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/s...arguments.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    That's right Americans need a security blanket, that isn't real obvious?

I totally respect the opinions of those who buy into The Bible. Why should I care how they go about it? The bottom line is they believe in a Supreme Being like I do. Not unlike another music lover digging rap, which I think sucks.
    I don't give a what people believe in their personal lives.

It's when they push their beliefs based on lies into the public domain is when it's a huge problem.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't give a what people believe in their personal lives.

It's when they push their beliefs based on lies into the public domain is when it's a huge problem.
    Like I mentioned you have no common sense. This country is all about..."One Nation Under God". You honestly don't get that, how could you not understand this? Most those in power do believe in some God, this is news to you?

You don't appear to understand the culture you live in at all. What is the biggest holiday of the year not only in Texas but in the USA, yep....celebrating the birth of Christ. That doesn't tell you something?

In Texas alone you have....Texas Christian, Abilene Christian, Dallas Baptist that I know of.

You need to come to the realization that most don't agree with your stance on this and move on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Like I mentioned you have no common sense. This country is all about..."One Nation Under God". You honestly don't get that, how could you not understand this? Most those in power do believe in some God, this is news to you?

You don't appear to understand the culture you live in at all. What is the biggest holiday of the year not only in Texas but in the USA, yep....celebrating the birth of Christ. That doesn't tell you something?

In Texas alone you have....Texas Christian, Abilene Christian, Dallas Baptist that I know of.

You need to come to the realization that most don't agree with your stance on this and move on.
    Most agreed that slavery was acceptable back in the day.

It's not easy convincing the majority that they're wrong, but if we are going to move society forward, someone has to do it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Most agreed that slavery was acceptable back in the day.

It's not easy convincing the majority that they're wrong, but if we are going to move society forward, someone has to do it.
    Good luck and let me know how you're doing.

Why not start at BYU? Then head on into Oral Roberts University, I think it's in Oklahoma. After that see if you can get "In God We Trust" taken off our money, like I said.....good luck.

Oh yeah, all that gospel music has to go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Good luck and let me know how you're doing.
    I'm not doing much about those things directly besides rant on a messageboard about how Bible beaters bring our society down.

But i support those that are.

Why not start at BYU? Then head on into Oral Roberts University, I think it's in Oklahoma. After that see if you can get "In God We Trust" taken off our money, like I said.....good luck.

Oh yeah, all that gospel music has to go.
    I don't care what private ins utions teach. But if Texas Tech were to take tax dollars and then teach intelligent design in biology class, we have a huge problem.

I like gospel music every now and then just like i like hearing O Holy Night sung by someone with the vocal chops to pull it off.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not doing much about those things directly besides rant on a messageboard about how Bible beaters bring our society down.

But i support those that are.

I don't care what private ins utions teach. But if Texas Tech were to take tax dollars and then teach intelligent design in biology class, we have a huge problem.

I like gospel music every now and then just like i like hearing O Holy Night sung by someone with the vocal chops to pull it off.
    I have tons of old gospel music, a lot of it recorded right there in the church. Just jivin' about that.

The thing is why concern yourself with what others are doing to the degree that you do? You appear to think you have the answer, who ever gave you that idea? Obviously others aren't the least bit concerned with your opinions on what they should be doing. Time to realize nobody is going to be doing anything because of you....ok? Why worry about things out of your control to the degree that you do?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This sort of thing is what ateists must contend with, as we all know they stand little chance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I have tons of old gospel music, a lot of it recorded right there in the church. Just jivin' about that.

The thing is why concern yourself with what others are doing to the degree that you do? You appear to think you have the answer, who ever gave you that idea? Obviously others aren't the least bit concerned with your opinions on what they should be doing. Time to realize nobody is going to be doing anything because of you....ok? Why worry about things out of your control to the degree that you do?
    Well here, you asked for it, so I'm just stating my opinion of the way things should be in order to move our society forward.

and frankly, i think things are finally moving forward enough to where I don't need to get involved.
    Last edited by Blake; 12-11-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    This sort of thing is what ateists must contend with, as we all know they stand little chance.

She had slaves.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well here, I'm just stating my opinion of the way things should be in order to move our society forward.

and frankly, i think things are finally moving forward enough to where I don't need to get involved.
    I hope it all works out for you. I like Christmas, I like having a wife who thinks drugs/alcohol/cussing/talking bad about others is a no no. Those I know without some God in their life are a lot like you.

We will never see a time when this won't work.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She had slaves.
    At that time she was a victim of her times and we all get that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i suspect people that are raised to believe the bible are prone to believe in the bible.

if tomorrow we heavily altered the bible and changed some of the magic tales into other magical tales, and we taught our children that from birth, they'd believe the new tales. that wouldn't make them true though

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i suspect people that are raised to believe the bible are prone to believe in the bible.

if tomorrow we heavily altered the bible and changed some of the magic tales into other magical tales, and we taught our children that from birth, they'd believe the new tales. that wouldn't make them true though
    As far back as recorded history goes we've always had Gods. It appears us humans prefer it that way doesn't it?

Not so long ago some explorers discovered a lost tribe hidden away in the Phillipine islands , they had a God they worshipped.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    As far back as recorded history goes we've always had Gods. It appears us humans prefer it that way doesn't it?

Not so long ago some explorers discovered a lost tribe hidden away in the Phillipine islands , they had a God they worshipped.
    im certain god was more popular the farther back we go. less atheism back then for sure.

god was and always has been the easy answer for unsolved questions. origin of the earth, the animals, us... purpose. how do we have lightning, and oceans, and suns... god was the answer to these questions. but over time humans have answered these questions for themselves, which is why god is less relevant than it was before. in the US there are still a good amount of believers, but if you look towards europe the numbers are smaller.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    im certain god was more popular the farther back we go. less atheism back then for sure.

god was and always has been the easy answer for unsolved questions. origin of the earth, the animals, us... purpose. how do we have lightning, and oceans, and suns... god was the answer to these questions. but over time humans have answered these questions for themselves, which is why god is less relevant than it was before. in the US there are still a good amount of believers, but if you look towards europe the numbers are smaller.
    We all know why we have Gods.

5% of Americans are considered atheists, if you wanna talk Europe, let's also talk Asia and the Middle East.

The bottom line is since the beginning of time most humans wanted a God in their life so they have one. You gain nothing by ....bah humbugging..it. To have no faith in anything would suck. To tell that little girl her dog Joey is now in doggie heaven beats the out telling her Joey is now worm food.

In your orbit you know a lot of believers don't you, do you run all this..."well ya see according to chemistry class..."...of course you don't because you know they simply don't care.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The bottom line is since the beginning of time most humans wanted a God in their life so they have one. You gain nothing by ....bah humbugging..it. To have no faith in anything would suck. To tell that little girls her dog Joey is now in doggie heaven beats the out telling her Joey is now worm food.
    thats all fine and dandy. but that doesn't make any of it true.

do you acknowledge the difference between wanting something and that something being true?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thats all fine and dandy. but that doesn't make any of it true.

do you acknowledge the difference between wanting something and that something being true?
    I'm thrilled to finally meet somebody who had the answer to all this. So you know the truth, wow! Wait until all my religious friends find out about you. The guy with all the answers. So when do you start making some $$$$ off this? Who wouldn't want to talk to the guy who has the answer? The Tonight Show, Time magazine, 60 Minutes could sure use you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Logical fallacy:

Appeal to tradition:

Description:*Using historical preferences of the people (tradition), either in general or as specific as the historical preferences of a single individual, as evidence that the historical preference is correct.* Traditions are often passed from generation to generation with no other explanation besides, “this is the way it has always been done”—which is not a reason,*it is an absence of a reason

Logical Form: We have been doing X for generations.Therefore, we should keep doing X.*Our ancestors thought X was right.Therefore, X is right.

http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/i...l-to-tradition

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm thrilled to finally meet somebody who had the answer to all this. So you know the truth, wow! Wait until all my religious friends find out about you. The guy with all the answers. So when do you start making some $$$$ off this? Who wouldn't want to talk to the guy who has the answer? The Tonight Show, Time magazine, 60 Minutes could sure use you.
    i never said i had all the answers. i just dont pretend to have all the answers. people who believe in god think they have all the answers...

why are we here? god
    who put us here? god
    how did the universe start? god
    how did the first life on earth originite? god

its you who thinks who has all the answers... so let me rephrase what you just told me

"I'm thrilled to finally meet somebody who had the answer to all this. So you now the truth, wow! Wait until all my scientist friends find out about you.The guy with all the answers. So when do you start making some $$$$ off this? Who wouldn't want to talk to the guy who has the answer? The Tonight Show, Time magazine, 60 Minute could sure use use."

Lets tell all scientists to just stop what they're doing. It's obvious that no matter what they're researching, the answer is god. How did fish transition from sea to land? God!

so simple!

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Logical fallacy:

Appeal to tradition:
    This need you have for everything to agree with you has always intrigued me. Why does it bother you so much that nobody really cares about your opinion?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    ^ logical fallacy: ad hominem

Description:*Attacking the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself, when the attack on the person is completely irrelevant to the argument the person is

Logical Form:
    Person 1 is claiming Y.
    Person 1 is a moron.
    Therefore, Y is not true.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i never said i had all the answers. i just dont pretend to have all the answers. people who believe in god think they have all the answers...

why are we here? god
    who put us here? god
    how did the universe start? god
    how did the first life on earth originite? god

its you who thinks who has all the answers... so let me rephrase what you just told me

"I'm thrilled to finally meet somebody who had the answer to all this. So you now the truth, wow! Wait until all my scientist friends find out about you.The guy with all the answers. So when do you start making some $$$$ off this? Who wouldn't want to talk to the guy who has the answer? The Tonight Show, Time magazine, 60 Minute could sure use use."

Lets tell all scientists to just stop what they're doing. It's obvious that no matter what they're researching, the answer is god. How did fish transition from sea to land? God!

so simple!
    You can believe whatever makes you feel good about things, why would I care? Just respect what others believe in, ok? Trust me you will not be changing anyones mind about anything no more than I will be. Go with what you need to go with, cool with me.

Thread Information