0 0%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and if he is burnt out how does coaching Team USA help?
    how much coaching do you have to do for the USA to win Gold, tbh? Especially when you will have great assistants, too..

I actually do think he'll be hyped for coaching the US team, he's been wanting to do it for a long time IIRC..it's something fresh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all thought Jim Boylen was dead-weight, but what has the likes of Messina/Borrego brought to the table? the so-called historic defense had early foundation with Kawhi/Green..Messina did when we couldn't stop the Clippers with a banged-up Splitter and that matchup was still problematic defensively even with LMA on board....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Type "Pop" & "outcoached" in twitter and in' weep ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUMP.

This thread ain't gonna die until the pop-suckers here see the light TheGreatYacht ..

At least on twitter, he's getting roasted..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUMP.

This thread ain't gonna die until the pop-suckers here see the light TheGreatYacht ..

At least on twitter, he's getting roasted..
    I've seen Timmy get discredited way too much because of Poop, that. Duncan's back carried this guy for 20 years smfh

Those millions he sacrificed, all thrown away just because a senile old man is too stubborn to bench bowling ball head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry El, but the trio you mentioned: Kmart, Miller, and Boban, were not going to change the outcome of these games imo. Maybe Boban, just with his rim protection alone, but I would worry that he would get exposed on defense. The Spurs need their two best players to consistently play like their two best players, especially in crunch time, you know like OKC's two best players. Neither Leonard, or Aldridge were able to able to do this. The whole bench disappeared. No one stepped up. Parker, Duncan, and Green played well in spurts, but you need Aldridge and Leonard to lead this team now. But Pop did put this team together, so he can definitely take the blame, but theirs plenty to go around imo.
    I just think his stubbornness gets the best of him sometimes. Under the guise of "don't panic", he'll stick with stuff that you can tell from a mile away it's wrong and not working. The bench unit he's been throwing out there hasn't worked the whole series. It's not a game or two game occurrence. I feel he was sharper about that stuff in 2014, for example, with Beli, who he only tested here or there in the series, but went away from him when it was clear he was being targeted. I get that certain players are underperforming, but it's his job to figure how to counter that. It doesn't take a genius to see why Kanter and Adams can get a ton of rebounds over a guys like West or Boris.

The problem when he gets into this ty mode, is that he doesn't really panic until is too late. Like against the Grizzlies in '08, when he sat Splitter the whole series and played Bonner instead, a strategy that completely backfired, and only trotted Thiago out there in the very last game, when the series was pretty much decided. That's why I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised to see him throwing Boban out there when we're getting s acked on the boards again. Too little too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember a year ago..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember a year ago..

Perspective. I bet Bosris is similar. Probably making vacation plans as soon as this is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember a year ago..

It's just basketball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season Age Tm Lg Pos G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
    2015-16 22 SAS NBA SF 9 114 7.6 .366 .143 .238 2.2 20.0 11.8 8.2 2.8 2.1 11.5 10.8 -0.1 0.3 0.1 .062 -2.6 3.6 1.0 0.1
    Guess this Spur getting 13mpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think his stubbornness gets the best of him sometimes. Under the guise of "don't panic", he'll stick with stuff that you can tell from a mile away it's wrong and not working. The bench unit he's been throwing out there hasn't worked the whole series. It's not a game or two game occurrence. I feel he was sharper about that stuff in 2014, for example, with Beli, who he only tested here or there in the series, but went away from him when it was clear he was being targeted. I get that certain players are underperforming, but it's his job to figure how to counter that. It doesn't take a genius to see why Kanter and Adams can get a ton of rebounds over a guys like West or Boris.

The problem when he gets into this ty mode, is that he doesn't really panic until is too late. Like against the Grizzlies in '08, when he sat Splitter the whole series and played Bonner instead, a strategy that completely backfired, and only trotted Thiago out there in the very last game, when the series was pretty much decided. That's why I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised to see him throwing Boban out there when we're getting s acked on the boards again. Too little too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is ride or die with an aging big three. He got his rings and doesn't have that same win at all costs mentality.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC - Should he trade parker or fire pop? one or the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC - Should he trade parker or fire pop? one or the other.
    At this juncture, Parker is more valuable than Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see much decline in Pop's coaching. I remember a few years back when Parker was still in his late twenties a scene near the bench. Pop was trying to take Tony out of the game and he all but refused to sit down. Pop said okay get back out there. Someone please show this video to Kawhi Leonard. An 8 to 10 point lead is nothing against the Thunder. Leonard should be on the court more. He is three years younger than durant and Westbrook.

Also think Manu should be on the court in close games the last couple of minutes. He can't guard durant but he finishes better IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drama in this thread is crazy. You have an obvious more physical team and your solution is to overplay the big two, play a different set of d league talent.

I don't man, how about we just make shots. We don't have an answer for their bigs and we don't have a way to shut down durant and westy when they are hot. We can however shoot closer to 50% and make 3x shots.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drama in this thread is crazy. You have an obvious more physical team and your solution is to overplay the big two, play a different set of d league talent.

I don't man, how about we just make shots. We don't have an answer for their bigs and we don't have a way to shut down durant and westy when they are hot. We can however shoot closer to 50% and make 3x shots.
    yes. spurs have no one to get a rebound, you play your tallest, most physical player. why? because if he gives you ANYTHING it leads to momentum. When spurs outbound fat ass diaw or west its more than a second chance its demoralizing because they are imposing their will. to go down with a sinking ship without a fight is not only egotistical and stupid, but lazy. get some balls

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all i know is, first game of the season OKC's bigs mauled diaw/west pairing and just about everyone on this board realized that meant either staggering aldridge and duncan or incorporating Boban into the rotation. 5 games into this series and pop is still trotting them out together!

and I know Im going to come off as a manu homer, but it really pisses me off that manu isnt getting more minutes in this series. tomorrow might be tim and manu's last game and they are likely to play small minutes, low fga to make room for west/diaw and mills/anderson. Those two have sacrificed so much for this team, agreed to come back for this season, only to watch pop ing throw the series from the bench by going with inferior players who are playing like dog anyways (diaw especially, after Pop he is the biggest no show of this series). Half the reason to be confident about this matchup was pop vs donovan and he is getting destroyed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The POP way is finally paying off when it comes to attracting free agents, but Yeah, Pop is being blatantly out-coached by Donovan in this series....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your probably right, but how great would it be too see Boban get significant minutes and be a factor in the game.. perhaps he can be used to neutralize Adams-Kanter on the boards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why aren't we destroying Kanter with PNR drills is beyond me..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    after the last game, did a reporter ask if he was going to make adjustments?

then again, if pop was going to make adjustments i'm pretty sure he wouldn't tell a reporter... i can imagine pop just saying something like, "we'll see."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do y'all guys get coupons for burger king and similar trash food and go "well ordinarily I don't eat trash but this coupon is too good not to use" so yes I ate two whoppers last night, but to the point, that coupon is David west.

You don't turn down a vet min deal like that....that said that roster spot and money isn't free.and in the end that deal really but us In the ass

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey on shootaround Pop said they invented a totally new play that OKC never seen before !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey on shootaround Pop said they invented a totally new play that OKC never seen before !

Thread Information