Page 145 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 8311
    Reminder:

JUCO TE Dominick Anderson is committing today sometime. It figures to be a Texas/Bama/Oregon battle. On a bright note, he has followed several UT people lately on his Twitter page.
    I think he goes Bama.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think he goes Bama.
    If he goes Bama and it wouldn't surprise me, this will help us a bunch with Luke Ford.

Looks like it's going down here shortly

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good toilet bowl read

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

Post Count
    Woods-anderson to Texas

Did not expect that.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Boom, what a surprise!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Woods-anderson to Texas

Did not expect that.
    No one did!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Forewarning a slideshow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bobby Burton: Tuesday (24/7)

I spoke with someone following yesterday's practice and went through the lineup. I specifically asked for position battles to watch and where the staff might believe there is a level of weakness, or perhaps positions where the in bent starters have not made a move to solidify their spot.

-- At running back, Kyle Porter is the starter in part because Chris Warren was injured much of spring. The staff does not see this as a "battle" between the two as much as they are trying to get them both ready for starter snaps. This is not seen as a position of weakness on the team, nor is it a battle inasmuch as it is a need to keep the two top guys healthy and see where things really stand with Daniel Young when the pads come on and run drills are the focus. Toneil Carter also remains an option, especially in the passing game. Kirk Johnson is a wildcard.

- At one receiver spot, Jerrod Heard is penciled in as a starter. But it's tenuous I am told. Heard showed a penchant for being somewhat soft in the spring and was too often either unwilling or unable to get extra yardage after contact. Texas wants someone at the position who can do it all and there are questions whether Heard can do it all.

- I'm told Reggie Hemphill-Mapps will push for playing time behind Devin Duvernay, but that unlike the situation with Heard, this is more about getting another quality, reliable performer on the field.

- On the OL, I'm told it's still a wait-and-see situation. Jake McMillon and Connor Williams, barring injury, will start. Beyond that, Pat Vahe is ahead of others at one guard spot and looks the part. However, Zach Shackelford's ability, when healthy, to move around to different spots on the line, and the development of either (or both) Pat Hudson and Denzel Okafor could make things more interesting. Elijah Rodriguez and Tristan Nickelson will likely see some spot starts this season, but only after injuries from others. I am told that the OL could either be a team strength or team weakness depending on how the unit progresses. The Horns' staff truly doesn't quite know what they have because so much of it relies on the development of the true sop res and a redshirt freshman.

- There's been a bunch of talk this off-season about Malik Jefferson. The reality is that Jefferson is going to be forced to fight for his job. I'm told productivity and consistency will win the day for whoever gets the job. And that also goes for Anthony Wheeler. Of all spots, on the defense, the places up for grabs most are the three LB spots, where Todd Orlando just has not found that perfect combination quite yet.

- I'm told Jeff McCulloch and Naashon Hughes will likely split time this season, that is until and unless McCulloch begins to play the power run better. Orlando is not going to allow McCulloch to try to sidestep oncoming blockers in the run game or play soft and reach.

-- In the secondary, the only even halfway open spot is Holton Hill's situation at corner. Hill is going to have to stave off Davante Davis. Kris Boyd appears to have separated himself from the others (in a good way).

- I want to add one more piece on the secondary. I was told the staff likes what they have in Antwuan Davis from a versatility perspective. If Texas goes to a dime package, he has the inside track on that, not Jason Hall, at least at this point.

More as fall practice continues...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Boom, what a surprise!!

I'm stunned! By the way the top left edit which was done by the staff is amazing!

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    D'Shawn Jamison has set his commitment date for Oct.14th

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There seems to be a lot of speculation that DWM is a one year player and then he is off to the NFL. If that is the case I'm hoping Texas either takes two more TEs or gets Mohammad as Epps looks like a guy that is going to need two years to develop. I also think this commitment closes the door on Ford coming to Texas.

Post Count
    There seems to be a lot of speculation that DWM is a one year player and then he is off to the NFL. If that is the case I'm hoping Texas either takes two more TEs or gets Mohammad as Epps looks like a guy that is going to need two years to develop. I also think this commitment closes the door on Ford coming to Texas.
    I normally would agree with you; however, with Herman st the reigns I don't think I would count anything out. I thought the Horns were shutting down QB recruiting when they got Thompson. Then they turn around and not only get Rising, but flip him from their rivals. Anything is possible with this staff.

On another note, could this legitimately be considered a head to head recruiting victory against Saban and Bama?

No way we take 3 TE's in my opinion. The numbers don't allow it this cycle and even if they did I doubt we would then. Another thing is the caliber of TE Texas wants would not commit to a school with 2 TE's already secured. I think the pecking order is Muhammad as 1A and Ford as 1B and those are interchangeable. If those fall through hope that Epps is still there for the taking.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We're back now baby.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Bobby Brown committing Nov 2

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Day 3

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    DT Bobby Brown committing Nov 2

bama bound...........giles misses again..................

Super K said Bobby Brown told him he has his mind made up and knows where he's going.

Thread Information