Page 147 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3786
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ChumpDumper would you have arrested the driver of this vehicle, Skylar the driver.

Yes or No?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ ChumpDumper are you folding?

Yes or No?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An alleged assault by a police captain, and a long, long wait for justice
    After that night in 2019, David Nave rarely left his Dorchester apartment.

His thoughts spun around and around the events of March 30:

the footsteps pounding up the street behind him;

the uniformed police officer grabbing him hard by the hood of his sweatshirt and slamming him to the ground;

the feeling of his bones grinding against the pavement.

He spent almost all his waking hours hunched over a computer, surrounded by growing stacks of paper, feverishly researching the Boston police captain.

Headlines flashed before Nave’s eyes. The avatar of cop violence in Boston,” read one.

“Police captain has long been a concern,” read another.

Internal investigators eventually ruled that

Captain John Danilecki had violated the department’s use of force guidelines and lied.

Yet, he's continued on the job for years without any discipline,

going on to rack up more complaints and

take home over a million in pay from the city.

The BPD's con uous failure to discipline Danilecki is no rarity.

Rather, it is emblematic of the way that complaints against officers are often handled,

despite repeated vows from multiple police commissioners to do better,

-- Boston Globe email

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF??? Police chase and tasing for driving 3 mph over posted speed?

An 80-year-old man filed a lawsuit this week against an eastern Kansas sheriff’s office for allegedly tasing him without warning after officers pursued him for driving 3 mph over the speed limit.

In his federal lawsuit, John Sigg said a lieutenant with the Iola Police Department in Allen County on April 16, 2021, clocked him driving 38 mph in an area where the speed limit was 35 and decided to give “chase.”

Multiple police vehicles followed Sigg for a few minutes as he drove to his family’s car lot, although he did not realize he was “the subject of the pursuit,” his attorney wrote. He parked, got out and was surrounded by officers from several agencies.

Two Chanute police officers pulled their guns on Sigg, according to the lawsuit. Looking “quizzically” at them, he raised his hands, which can be seen in a screenshot of body-camera footage of the incident.

“ Get on the f—ing ground,” a now-former deputy with the Allen County Sheriff’s Office yelled, according to the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District of Kansas.

Without warning, the deputy used a Taser on Sigg — even though the manufacturer of the TASER X2 warns about using it “on the elderly,” his lawyer wrote. Sigg dropped “like a rock,” his attorney said, and cut his head.

“Sigg mumbled and was hard to understand,” his Wichita attorney, Randall Rathbun, wrote in the lawsuit. “As officers talked with him on the scene he indicated that he did not know what was going on and did not feel right.”

https://news.yahoo.com/ks-cops-chased-elderly-man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arrested, never charged, then tortured to death

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MPD, teen pre-crime division

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MPD, teen pre-crime division

Morality police, nice. Calf-tats better avoid Memphis.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Don't be tone deaf folks

Crime against the Middle Class (all of us here) is on the rise and your guys focus is "Cops are meanie pants"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police union granny busted for trafficking fentanyl.

"This person has been really known as the grandma of the POA, and it's not the woman that we have known for well over a decade and so that's why it's been so difficult," Pritchard said, "A woman who has helped fallen officer's families, helped organize fundraisers when officer's children are sick. That's the person we know."

Investigators say Segovia, 65, used her personal and office computers to order the drugs and agreed to distribute them elsewhere in the U.S.
    https://abc7news.com/joanne-segovia-...rugs/13045722/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locker room talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More locker room talk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whiteys murdering an innocent man.

OKLAHOMA COURT:

WE WANT RICHARD GLOSSIP DEAD

AND

EVIDENCE BE DAMNED

In a stunning rebuke to the state’s attorney general,

the appeals court refused to vacate Glossip’s conviction,

clearing the way for his execution.

The court’s move is a rebuke not only to the attorney general, who ordered a review of Glossip’s case earlier this year,

but also to dozens of conservative Oklahoma legislators

who have been fighting to stop Glossip’s execution
    over fears the state would kill an innocent man.

“The state has reached the difficult conclusion that the conviction of Glossip was obtained with the benefit of material misstatements to the jury by its key witness,”

Much of this evidence supports Glossip’s contention that

Sneed — a chronic drug user who demonstrated unpredictable bouts of violence — carried out the crime and only later set up Glossip as the mastermind.

the attorney general himself agreed that the state’s star witness had been discredited.

https://theintercept.com/2023/04/20/...ourt-execution

In Confederate and red states, the only good knitter is a dead knitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird twist in the case of a former FD commissioner who got attacked by a homeless person with a crowbar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    minors may have been filmed by WV State Police

Abuse, harassment, sexual misconduct are among the latest allegations against the West Virginia State Police.

Wheeling-based attorney Teresa Toriseva says she has now sent another 30-day Notice of Forthcoming Legal Action to the state police on behalf of a group of women. Toriseva said there have been new developments in her investigation that go beyond hidden cameras.

“It is an environment at the state police academy that’s downright hostile to women,” Toriseva said.

A group of women have already come forward wanting to know if they were filmed while using the locker room at the West Virginia State Police Academy. Toriseva filed an intent of notice to sue on their behalf in late March. In early April, she filed a second notice after it became known that minors may have been filmed on the hidden camera in the locker room.

Last week, Winfield Attorney David Moye told WOWK 13 News he sent a notice of intent to bring a lawsuit to West Virginia Attorney Patrick Morrisey and WVSP Superintendent Colonel Jack Chambers on behalf of five additional female plaintiffs.

Now Toriseva said many of those women have additional allegations that are much worse. She says this new notice of legal action from her office represents 42 women including 10 minors who attended the Junior Trooper Academy and alleges a civil conspiracy.
    https://www.wowktv.com/news/west-vir...ct-much-worse/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops have a solution to getting caught. Rebranding. It's done from the bad cop who just moves to a different department or TDCJ and LAPD where they just changed the name and move the administrators around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felony intimidation charges for posting information from a public records request, perps held without bond.

Julia Dupuis, an activist named Charley who asked that their last name be withheld for security concerns, and an activist named Wednesday were arrested at a gas station outside the town of Cartersville on Friday. According to their lawyer, Lyra Foster, the activists drove once through the neighborhood and placed flyers on numerous mailboxes without exiting their vehicle or approaching any residents. Foster said Wednesday was a passenger in the car and not posting flyers.

If found guilty, they could each face up to 20 years in prison.

“They were not handing out flyers, they were actually extremely careful in trying to avoid doing anything illegal,” Foster told The Intercept. “They posted the flyers on mailboxes, they did not even get out of the van to put flyers on the doors, and did not open the mailboxes because they thought that was potentially illegal.”
    https://theintercept.com/2023/05/02/...arrest-flyers/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mississippi is wild

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mont Vernon, NY.

Planted drugs, robbed citizens. Protected turf and stashed drugs for drug dealers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF??? These mofos are too scared to do their job.

An 11-year-old Mississippi boy who was shot by a police officer after he called 911 for help is recovering after being released from the hospital, according to his family.

The family is calling for the officer to be fired and charged with the shooting.

Aderrien Murry was shot in the chest by an Indianola Police Department officer early Saturday morning while the officer was responding to a domestic disturbance call at the child’s home, according to his mother, Nakala Murry, and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.

Murry told CNN that the father of another of her children arrived at her home at 4 a.m., “irate.”

Concerned about her safety, Murry asked Aderrien to call the police.

Murry said the officer who arrived at the home “had his gun drawn at the front door and asked those inside the home to come outside.” Murry said her son was shot coming around the corner of a hallway, into the living room.

“Once he came from around the corner, he got shot,” Murry said. “I cannot grasp why. The same cop that told him to come out of the house. (Aderrien) did, and he got shot. He kept asking, ‘Why did he shoot me? What did I do wrong?’” she said.

https://www.cnn.com/mississippi-poli...1-year-old-boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ report finds Minneapolis police use "dangerous" excessive force and discriminatory conduct

The Minneapolis Police Department disproportionately targets Black and Native American people in law enforcement activity and is using unjustified force in many instances across the city, according to a years-long federal review of the department stemming from the killing of George Floyd.

"The City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Police Department engage in a pattern or practice of conduct that deprives people of their rights under the Cons ution and federal law," the Justice Department's report found in its investigation into the city's law enforcement.

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the findings Friday in Minneapolis, accompanied by Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and Police Chief Brian O'Hara.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/garland...inneapolis-pd/

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    DOJ report finds Minneapolis police use "dangerous" excessive force and discriminatory conduct

The Minneapolis Police Department disproportionately targets Black and Native American people in law enforcement activity and is using unjustified force in many instances across the city, according to a years-long federal review of the department stemming from the killing of George Floyd.

"The City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Police Department engage in a pattern or practice of conduct that deprives people of their rights under the Cons ution and federal law," the Justice Department's report found in its investigation into the city's law enforcement.

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the findings Friday in Minneapolis, accompanied by Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and Police Chief Brian O'Hara.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/garland...inneapolis-pd/
    Explains why their cide rate has been slashed. Impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explains why their cide rate has been slashed. Impressive.
    Thanks, Hans Michael Frank.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Thanks, Hans Michael Frank.
    Off topic but why have you started posting in the political forum all of a sudden

Thread Information