Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Higuain is injured , and it looked bad

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Higuain is injured , and it looked bad
    he'll be fine...

Damn, only 6 weeks to go till this gets rolling!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    he'll be fine...

Damn, only 6 weeks to go till this gets rolling!
    Yup he played this weekend in Copa de Italia final

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    Brazil's official list came out today

GK

Julio Cesar (Toronto)
    Jefferson (Botafogo)
    Victor (Atlético-MG)

Snubs - Diego Alves (Valencia)

RB and LB

Dani Alves (Barcelona)
    Maicon (Roma)
    Marcelo (Real Madrid)
    Maxwell (PSG)

snubs - Filipe Luis (Atletico de Madrid) and Rafinha (Bayern)

CB

Thiago Silva (PSG)
    David Luiz (Chelsea)
    Dante (Bayern)
    Henrique LOL (Napoli)

snub - Miranda (Atletico de Madrid)

MF

Fernandinho (City)
    Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg)
    Paulinho (Spurs)
    Hernanes (Inter Milan)
    Willian (Chelsea)
    Oscar (Chelsea)

snubs - Coutinho (Liverpool)

Strikers

Fred (Fluminense)
    Hulk (Zenit)
    Neymar (Barcelona)
    Bernard (Shaktar)
    Jo (Atletico-MG)

Overall not a bad list, but Henrique over Miranda is a ing joke. And Diego Alves deserved to be in the list as well. At least Robinho was not called. Dude sucks atm and he would be there just to party and play some pagode .

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I still can believe they let Costa play for Spain.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Ya, s bag move

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    It was his choice. There was nothing Brazil could do. That's too bad for him, because he would start over Fred or Jo quite comfortably. I don't blame him because he made his life in Spain, but I don't think it was a smart choice considering the cir stances. Overall, Spanish people (other than Atletico fans) hate him.

That team doesnt look good tbh...At least Kaka and Robinho didnt make the list...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Spain will bring extra security personnel just for Diego Costa, surely. Everyone in Rio is gonna hate his traitor ass

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    It was his choice. There was nothing Brazil could do. That's too bad for him, because he would start over Fred or Jo quite comfortably. I don't blame him because he made his life in Spain, but I don't think it was a smart choice considering the cir stances. Overall, Spanish people (other than Atletico fans) hate him.
    Costa chose Spain because Felipao didn't call him regularly and prefered Fred over him. It wasn't until Del Bosque asked Costa to join Spain that the Brazilian DT started to give a about Costa.

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    Costa chose Spain because Felipao didn't call him regularly and prefered Fred over him. It wasn't until Del Bosque asked Costa to join Spain that the Brazilian DT started to give a about Costa.
    Costa chose Spain because he wanted to. He was called in March of 2013 to be part of the Brazilian NT that would play against Italy and Russia and that was before he truly exploded in Spain.
    Nobody remember that Costa was playing in Rayo Vallecano on loan in 2012. In the 12/13 season, he played 31 matches and scored only 10 goals. That do not guarantee you a place in any big NT. Still, he was called by Felipao.

The Spanish Federation just started to give a about him in September when they asked FIFA a permission to call him. And that's after the start of the 13/14 season, when he finally exploded.
    He made a choice and I don't blame him, but that was not Felipao's fault at all. That was simply his choice.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Costa chose Spain because he wanted to. He was called in March of 2013 to be part of the Brazilian NT that would play against Italy and Russia and that was before he truly exploded in Spain.
    Nobody remember that Costa was playing in Rayo Vallecano on loan in 2012. In the 12/13 season, he played 31 matches and scored only 10 goals. That do not guarantee you a place in any big NT. Still, he was called by Felipao.

The Spanish Federation just started to give a about him in September when they asked FIFA a permission to call him. And that's after the start of the 13/14 season, when he finally exploded.
    He made a choice and I don't blame him, but that was not Felipao's fault at all. That was simply his choice.
    It was Felipao's fault, when Costa was already tearing up in Atletico the DT prefered to play Fred over him. He wasn't even called for the Confederation's Cup, of course Costa is going to prefer Spain after that snub and after Del Bosque guaranteed him a place in the World cup. It's a well known fact in Spain that Costa didn't choose Spain over Brazil, he chose Del Bosque over Scolari.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    It was Felipao's fault, when Costa was already tearing up in Atletico the DT prefered to play Fred over him. He wasn't even called for the Confederation's Cup, of course Costa is going to prefer Spain after that snub and after Del Bosque guaranteed him a place in the World cup. It's a well known fact in Spain that Costa didn't choose Spain over Brazil, he chose Del Bosque over Scolari.
    Seems like a weak reason to switch your NT allegiance permanently tbh. Scolari will go but he's on Spanish NT forever. I'd prefer if he just felt closer with Spain than Brazil, rather than switching over spite of a manager.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Seems like a weak reason to switch your NT allegiance permanently tbh. Scolari will go but he's on Spanish NT forever. I'd prefer if he just felt closer with Spain than Brazil, rather than switching over spite of a manager.
    yeah it is. What if Lewandowski switched to Germany. They'd win the next 5 International Compe ions

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    Sorry, but you don't have things right.

The Federation Cup happened in June of 2013. At the time, Costa was not tearing up at all.

Costa just had finished a normal season with 10 goals in 31 matches in the Spanish League. Not calling him wasn't even a snub. Not even Spain was thinking about calling him.

That's the biggest misconception that people have.People think that Costa has been playing like that for years, when he just had a 1 great season so far.

Costa exploded in the 13/14 season and that was AFTER the Fed Cup. Spain didn't even start to think about Costa until September of 2013.

It's not Felipao's fault at all it's simply Costa's choice. He deals with it and Brazil's NT deal with it. No problem at all. Not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last.

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    That's what I think. He barely played in Brazil. Most people here don't even know him.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    A secured World cup spot is a lot for a professional footballer, 4 years from now you don't know what could happen.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Sorry, but you don't have things right.

The Federation Cup happened in June of 2013. At the time, Costa was not tearing up at all.

Costa just had finished a normal season with 10 goals in 31 matches in the Spanish League. Not calling him wasn't even a snub. Not even Spain was thinking about calling him.

That's the biggest misconception that people have.People think that Costa has been playing like that for years, when he just had a 1 great season so far.

Costa exploded in the 13/14 season and that was AFTER the Fed Cup. Spain didn't even start to think about Costa until September of 2013.

It's not Felipao's fault at all it's simply Costa's choice. He deals with it and Brazil's NT deal with it. No problem at all. Not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last.
    I'm not giving an opinion, it's information. Ask Bynumite if I get my information right.

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    I'm not giving an opinion, it's information. Ask Bynumite if I get my information right.
    Saying that Costa's choice was Scolari's fault is not information, it's an opinion with no base.

Saying that Costa was tearing up while Scolari decided to go with Fred in the Fed Cup is wrong and easily proved as you can find the info anywhere.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Saying that Costa's choice was Scolari's fault is not information, it's an opinion with no base.
    He said it to Spanish journalists off record, there are many Spanish articles about it.

Saying that Costa was tearing up while Scolari decided to go with Fred in the Fed Cup is wrong and easily proved as you can find the info anywhere.
    He was already big enough to deserved to be called, I remember asking myself why the wasn't he at least on the roster. The fact that he wasn't regularly called after he started to get more recognition is re ed. I don't know why are you even refuting this, are you a Scolari relative or something?

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    He said it to Spanish journalists off record, there are many Spanish articles about it.
    Link with all the many articles claiming that Diego Costa blamed Scolari. Every single article I've seen (Portuguese, Spanish or English) simple states that he feels better playing for Spain because that's where he made his life, that's the place that gave him an opportunity to succeed in life. And that's fine, I have nothing against it.

He was already big enough to deserved to be called, I remember asking myself why the wasn't he at least on the roster. The fact that he wasn't regularly called after he started to get more recognition is re ed. I don't know why are you even refuting this, are you a Scolari relative or something?
    Not, he wasn't. I said it once and I will say it again. Diego Costa exploded 1 single season, the 13/14. That's when he deserved to be called. Saying that he was tearing up before the Fed Cup and got snubbed big time is simply wrong. He wasn't.

And that can easily be proved

http://www.soccervista.com/topscorer...10-827899.html

Li Liga of 12/13 (Fed Cup happened in June of 13, right at the end of that season)

1 Lionel Messi Barcelona 46 6 4 0
    2 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 34 6 6 0
    3 Radamel Falcao Atletico Madrid 28 10 8 0
    4 Alvaro Negredo Sevilla 25 4 4 0
    5 Roberto Soldado Valencia 24 11 5 0
    6 Ruben Castro Martin Real Betis 18 8 2 0
    6 Piti Rayo Vallecano 18 7 5 0
    8 Gonzalo Higuain Real Madrid 16 8 0 0
    9 Helder Postiga Zaragoza 14 6 1 0
    9 Imanol Agirretxe Real Sociedad 14 2 0 0
    9 Aritz Aduriz Athletic Bilbao 14 9 1 0
    9 Carlos Vela Real Sociedad 14 6 4 0
    13 Jorge Molina Real Betis 13 5 1 0
    13 Jonas Valencia 13 2 1 0
    13 Ivan Sanchez Riki Deportivo La Coruna 13 6 0 0
    16 Oscar Gonzalez Valladolid 12 4 0 0
    16 Iago Aspas Celta Vigo 12 6 3 0
    18 Tomer Hemed Mallorca 11 6 0 0
    18 Karim Benzema Real Madrid 11 4 0 0
    18 Cesc Fabregas Barcelona 11 2 0 0
    21 David Villa Barcelona 10 3 0 0
    21 Antoine Griezmann Real Sociedad 10 5 0 0
    21 Diego Costa Atletico Madrid 10 5 0 0
    24 Antonio Apono Zaragoza 9 3 7 0

Costa wasn't even in the top 20 of top scorers. Even Jonas had more goals than him.

Still, Scolari called Costa in March of that year, when nobody gave a about him, including Spain. Spain only made a move for Diego Costa asking FIFA a permission in September of 2013, after the hot start of the 13/14 season.

I am not Scolari's relative or anything. I just don't understand why you keep saying that Costa was great and everything was Scolari's fault, when numbers and facts say otherwise.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Link with all the many articles claiming that Diego Costa blamed Scolari. Every single article I've seen (Portuguese, Spanish or English) simple states that he feels better playing for Spain because that's where he made his life, that's the place that gave him an opportunity to succeed in life. And that's fine, I have nothing against it.

Not, he wasn't. I said it once and I will say it again. Diego Costa exploded 1 single season, the 13/14. That's when he deserved to be called. Saying that he was tearing up before the Fed Cup and got snubbed big time is simply wrong. He wasn't.

Li Liga of 12/13 (Fed Cup happened in June of 13, right at the end of that season)

Costa wasn't even in the top 20 of top scorers. Even Jonas had more goals than him.

Still, Scolari called Costa in March of that year, when nobody gave a about him, including Spain. Spain only made a move for Diego Costa asking FIFA a permission in September of 2013, after the hot start of the 13/14 season.

I am not Scolari's relative or anything. I just don't understand why you keep saying that Costa was great and everything was Scolari's fault, when numbers and facts say otherwise.
    Because it's a well known fact that I thought everybody knew.

Oh, here are the links:

Diego Costa se vistió de amarillo, perono le gustó el trato y el sitio que ocupó en aquel vestuario. El futbolista referente de un equipo como el Atlético, rival directo de Real Madrid y Barcelona, que apuntaba a Europa se sentía como un canterano que formaba parte de una lista para cubrir la baja inesperada de alguno de los pesos pesados.

Estas sensaciones unidas a su ausencia en las convocatorias de agosto y septiembre le empujaron a tomar la decisión.
    http://www.elconfidencial.com/deport...camente_47443/

Diego Costa no ha entendido la incomprensión de Scolari hacia él... Él es un profesional, veía que Brasil no le llamaba y que con su nacionalización se le abría una ventana nueva y la opción de poder jugar un Mundial
    http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1961...-convocatoria/

Los seis meses que el seleccionador brasileño Luiz Felipe Scolari ha estado sin convocarle —la primera y última vez fue en marzo para dos amistosos ante Rusia e Italia, en los que sumó 35 minutos— han sido cruciales en la decisión tomada, según ha comentado el propio jugador a su entorno y a la Federación Española. Costa no fue llamado por Scolari para la Copa Confederaciones disputada en Brasil el pasado mes de junio, lo que ya desencantó bastante al futbolista. De haberlo hecho y haber disputado algún minuto en dicha cita, España no hubiera tenido opciones de reclutarlo por haber participado ya en una competición oficial.
    http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/...14_951998.html

And there are many more.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Because it's a well known fact that I thought everybody knew.

Oh, here are the links:

Diego Costa se vistió de amarillo, perono le gustó el trato y el sitio que ocupó en aquel vestuario. El futbolista referente de un equipo como el Atlético, rival directo de Real Madrid y Barcelona, que apuntaba a Europa se sentía como un canterano que formaba parte de una lista para cubrir la baja inesperada de alguno de los pesos pesados.

Estas sensaciones unidas a su ausencia en las convocatorias de agosto y septiembre le empujaron a tomar la decisión.
    http://www.elconfidencial.com/deport...camente_47443/

Diego Costa no ha entendido la incomprensión de Scolari hacia él... Él es un profesional, veía que Brasil no le llamaba y que con su nacionalización se le abría una ventana nueva y la opción de poder jugar un Mundial
    http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1961...-convocatoria/

Los seis meses que el seleccionador brasileño Luiz Felipe Scolari ha estado sin convocarle —la primera y última vez fue en marzo para dos amistosos ante Rusia e Italia, en los que sumó 35 minutos— han sido cruciales en la decisión tomada, según ha comentado el propio jugador a su entorno y a la Federación Española. Costa no fue llamado por Scolari para la Copa Confederaciones disputada en Brasil el pasado mes de junio, lo que ya desencantó bastante al futbolista. De haberlo hecho y haber disputado algún minuto en dicha cita, España no hubiera tenido opciones de reclutarlo por haber participado ya en una competición oficial.
    http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/...14_951998.html

And there are many more.

Thread Information