Page 152 of 433 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 10814
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Trump LIES

Trump says he will raise minimum wage beyond $15 an hour when he brings ‘our jobs back’

“I’m open to doing something with it,” Trump said in an interview with CNN, adding that he did not like the current $15-an-hour level. “I mean you have to something that you can live on.”

“But what I really do like is bring our jobs back, so they’re making much more than the $15” an hour, he added.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/trum...e+Raw+Story%29

Talk is cheap, and Trump's talk is cheapest of all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Trump LIES

Trump says he will raise minimum wage beyond $15 an hour when he brings ‘our jobs back’

“I’m open to doing something with it,” Trump said in an interview with CNN, adding that he did not like the current $15-an-hour level. “I mean you have to something that you can live on.”

“But what I really do like is bring our jobs back, so they’re making much more than the $15” an hour, he added.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/trum...e+Raw+Story%29

Talk is cheap, and Trump's talk is cheapest of all.

Jesus, that analysis is so stupid.

He's not saying that he's going to raise the federal minimum wage beyond $15. He's saying he wants to bring back jobs so that people earning the minimum wage can get better jobs that pay way beyond $15 (as a result of a great job market, and not because the law requires it).

I'm not saying the economy will be great, but at least interpret what he is saying honestly...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, that analysis is so stupid.

He's not saying that he's going to raise the federal minimum wage beyond $15. He's saying he wants to bring back jobs so that people earning the minimum wage can get better jobs that pay way beyond $15 (as a result of a great job market, and not because the law requires it).

I'm not saying the economy will be great, but at least interpret what he is saying honestly...
    Yes, he says it. He doesn't like $15, not enough to live on.

And he lies that he's gonna get BigCorp to bring back all those out-sourced factories and jobs from Asia and start paying good wages again.

TOTAL ING LIE, like his deporting 12M illegals, building that wall and making MX pay for it. ALL TOTAL ING LIES.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And he lies that he's gonna get BigCorp to bring back all those out-sourced factories and jobs from Asia and start paying good wages again.

TOTAL ING LIE, like his deporting 12M illegals, building that wall and making MX pay for it. ALL TOTAL ING LIES.
    Oh there will be a wall... a big wall... but I don't expect Mexico to pay for it. He's laying out ambitions, goals and plans... there is an understanding that it may not all come to fruition 100%, but he is going to try. And Bernie Sanders probably couldn't get 1/10th of what he is proposing done if we're honest. And I like Bernie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bookaki's head is going to explode November 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About those intelligence briefings for Donald Trump…

nd more important than the le are the benefits presumptive nominees receive. As Rachel noted on the show last night, one benefit in particular stands out:

“Now, today, as the presumptive nominee, [Trump] does start to get treated differently. Now starts a process that will see him ultimately get RNC staff and RNC money. He will start to get control of the Republican Party’s bureaucratic apparatus to use for his own purposes.

“Yesterday he was accusing Ted Cruz’s dad on being in on the JFK assassination. Now, he’s about to start getting classified CIA briefings as the Republican Party’s nominee for president.”

That last one is easy to overlook, but it’s quite important. Federal officials – non-partisan, career personnel – begin a process every four years of preparing would-be presidents for their prospective responsibilities.

And that means, among other things, classified intelligence briefings, which Trump is eager to receive. By some accounts, Obama administration officials have already begun preparations to provide regular updates to both parties’ presidential nominees, including Trump, with sensitive national security information.

And this opens the door to some interesting possibilities.

TPM’s Josh Marshall noted, for example, that Trump will be receiving classified CIA briefings while his campaign chief “works for pro-Putin Russian oligarchs.” Won’t that be interesting.

But we can keep going with related questions. What would Trump do, for example, if the CIA told him that his anti-Muslim rhetoric was creating a national security threat?

Or more broadly, has anyone started a pool as to when Trump might blurt out sensitive information he’s not supposed to share publicly?

Remember, senators – and to a lesser extent, governors – receive intelligence briefings with some regularity, but Trump has literally no background in public service. This will be a fascinating experiment.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

"blah blah blah" "I don't know where I heard it"

Maddow FTW.

She has her own specific point of view, but is always cogent, and offers some very intelligent commentary.

It is telling that the right has no equivalent, IMO. It is almost as if you have to give up your ability to think critically to be "right-wing".

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Not according to Hillary Clinton

Or is Hillary lying?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump now sealed up Juan-Carlos' ( LkrFan ) vote

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't you wait until he wins the election and tries to do something, anything before you say he's lying. Give him a chance.

IMO, he needs to have an amnesty period (with lowered tax) where the corporations can bring back the trillions parked abroad with the understanding that they will invest/create jobs. Lower the corporate tax rate so that companies like Burger King, Actavis/Allergan and Pfizer (tried but failed) don't run to other countries. Lift a lot of the regulations strangling businesses eg. Obamacare is requiring that restaurants come up with nutritional data on all their menu items. Do you know what that will do to little mom and pop restaurants? The big pizza chains are already complaining - can you imagine how many different variations with the different combination of toppings there are? The expense of doing this is too burdensome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to add some fuel to the fire and say something the media hasn't. Another reason people are supporting Trump is because they want to be Trump... they want his lifestyle... or at least to live vicariously through him.

I support him for entirely different reasons though. As long as people vote for him, I don't care why they do it (I think).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you guys really think posting political cartoons/memes make valid points?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obamacare is requiring that restaurants come up with nutritional data on all their menu items. Do you know what that will do to little mom and pop restaurants? The big pizza chains are already complaining - can you imagine how many different variations with the different combination of toppings there are? The expense of doing this is too burdensome.
    Many new restaurants are volunteering this information and big chains are starting to include nutritional information without it being enforced yet. It is becoming a consumer expectation.

I'm not saying it should be mandated (and it's been delayed multiple times), but those restaurants would have to eventually provide this info anyway if they want to stay in business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pants will be crapped if he was secretary of state or treasury, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many new restaurants are volunteering this information and big chains are starting to include nutritional information without it being enforced yet. It is becoming a consumer expectation.

I'm not saying it should be mandated (and it's been delayed multiple times), but those restaurants would have to eventually provide this info anyway if they want to stay in business.
    You expect nutritional data from your Chinese takeout or hot dog stand? Or is there an exception for small businesses?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You expect nutritional data from your Chinese takeout or hot dog stand? Or is there an exception for small businesses?
    You just named two of the least trustworthy genres of food.

There are already exceptions built in to the Nutrition guidelines, even for big businesses (example: limited-time offerings are not subject to the requirements).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knitters, s, Jews, Muslims, Dems, atheists, libruls, atheists, gun control, feminazis, LGBT, God-lessness:

ALL are the bogus reasons ignorant, poor white males are told by the Repug/VRWC/hate-media propaganda machine they aren't rich white males. When the real reason white males are ed is the Repug s have been legislating the VRWC/1% strategy of kleptocratic, autocratic oligarchy for 45 years.

Trump supporter — and former KKK leader — David Duke says Jews are the ‘reason why America is not great’

David Duke, like Trump, with colored, fair-haired Aryan prototype

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke lauded Donald Trump’s rise to become the Republican nominee on Wednesday, saying that he had overcome “Jewish supremacists who control” the United States.

opposition to Trump showed that Jews are “the real problem” and the “reason why America is not great.”

Duke hailed Trump’s win as an “amazing victory” and blamed Republican Jews for attempts to stop him becoming the eventual candidate for the presidency.

But, according to U.S. Jewish publication The Forward, Jewish Republicans had in fact been noting their support for Trump with former spokesman of George W. Bush tweeting that he would “vote for Trump over Hillary any day” while Republican Jewish Coalition chairmanDavid Flaum criticized Clinton as the worst choice for the presidency and congratulated Trump on his victory.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/trump-supporter-and-former-kkk-leader-david-duke-says-jews-are-the-reason-why-america-is-not-great/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

So gas all the Jews, and America will be great again. got it. Thanks, Dave, you're the best.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just named two of the least trustworthy genres of food.

There are already exceptions built in to the Nutrition guidelines, even for big businesses (example: limited-time offerings are not subject to the requirements).
    Don't know about you but I love me my Chinese food. And it can be very healthy - just depends on what you choose. Can you imagine providing nutritional data for something like dim sum? And I don't think these restaurants have to provide nutritional data if they want to stay in business. If I feel like a pepperoni pizza, I'm gonna eat one - no matter what the nutritional data says. I care more about the cost of the pizza than the nutritional data of the pizza or I wouldn't be eating something like pizza in the first place. The point is that all these regulations are burdensome on small business.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For you Trump fellators, his con job is becoming blatant (for some of us).

Donald Trump flip flops on taxes, wages as he turns focus to general election

Two days into his general election campaign, Donald Trump has already signaled he may abandon his positions on two major policy issues: a minimum wage increase and tax cuts for the rich.

Trump has never been known for his consistency: He took multiple positions on abortion in several days last month, and more recently shifted from promising to erase America’s $19 trillion debt in eight years to arguing it was actually a good time to borrow. Even on his signature issue of immigration, he’s flipped back and forth – sometimes in the same day – on whether he supports certain visas for legal workers.

Take taxes. Trump put out a tax plan last year that included major cuts to income, estate and business taxes for the ultra-wealthy along with far less generous cuts for the middle class. Thenonpartisan Tax Policy Center estimated his plan would cut the tax bill for the top 1 percent of earners by about $275,000 a year on average and for the top 0.1 percent by $1.3 million. The overall cost would be $9.5 trillion over a decade.

“I fight like to pay as little as possible,” Trump said at an event announcing his plan in September.

But that was the old Trump. Pressed by CNBC on Thursday as to how he could simultaneously brand himself as a populist who will take on wealthy elites while proposing sweeping tax cuts for billionaires, Trump backed away from his plan.

Trump’s abrupt dismissal of his own tax plan, which he regularly cited on the campaign trail, came a day after he signaled a possible willingness to raise the federal minimum wage, which would be a major reversal from his stance in the primaries.

“I am open to doing something with it, because I don’t like that,” Trump told CNN on Wednesday after being asked if he thought the $7.25 minimum wage should be increased.

This was, to put it mildly, a complete flip flop from his position in the primaries. He repeatedly argued that raising the minimum would move jobs to countries like China. Speaking in the cold language of a businessman looking at his bottom line, Trump even seemed to indicate overall American wages, regardless of the law, were too generous already.

“Taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world,”

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-tr...sm_fb_lastword

You stupid, ignorant, duped, conned Trump fellators!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know about you but I love me my Chinese food. And it can be very healthy - just depends on what you choose. Can you imagine providing nutritional data for something like dim sum?
    I like Chinese food too, but I don't have any problem asking them to be transparent about what's in it. What would prevent a dim sum place from providing nutritional info?

And I don't think these restaurants have to provide nutritional data if they want to stay in business. If I feel like a pepperoni pizza, I'm gonna eat one - no matter what the nutritional data says. I care more about the cost of the pizza than the nutritional data of the pizza or I wouldn't be eating something like pizza in the first place.
    That's you. The number of people who want nutritional information for what they eat is growing, and as it becomes more common, the restaurants who don't provide it will look like they're hiding something.

It's not that these customers are health nuts, they will still want pizza and fried chicken.

The point is that all these regulations are burdensome on small business.
    So are other standards we hold them to, like the Health Code. They'll figure it out. No one is going to go in the red because of having to write a calorie number next to their menu items.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Obama mocked Trump this week for thinking experience with beauty pageants counts as foreign policy experience.
    Then, unexpectedly, Trump proved Obama right."

Obama, Trump, and a classic example of life imitating art

“The Republican establishment is incredulous that [Trump] is their most likely nominee – incredulous, shocking,” Obama said. “They say Donald lacks the foreign policy experience to be president. But, in fairness, he has spent years meeting with leaders from around the world: Miss Sweden, Miss Argentina, Miss Azerbaijan….”

The point, obviously, is that experience with beauty pageants is a poor subs ute for actual foreign policy experience. And with this in mind, it was striking to see Trump’s latest interview on Fox News late yesterday, where life imitated art. Mid-way through the interview, Bret Baier brought up Russia:

BAIER: About Russia, you were asked yesterday if you’ve ever spoken to Vladimir Putin, and you said, “I don’t want to say.”

TRUMP: Yeah, I have no comment on that. No comment. I was in Russia –

BAIER: But one of the thing people like about is to answer any question.

TRUMP: Yeah, but I don’t want to comment because, let’s assume I did. Perhaps it was personal. You know, I don’t want to hurt his confidence. But I know Russia well. I had a major event in Russia two or three years ago – Miss Universe contest – which is a big, incredible event, and incredible success. I got to meet a lot of people. And you know what? They want to be friendly with the United States. Wouldn’t it be nice if we actually got with somebody?

Oh my.

The obvious point of concern here is that Trump seems to think he has relevant experience with Russia – experience that would help him if he were elected president – because of his role with a beauty pageant held overseas a few years ago.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to add some fuel to the fire and say something the media hasn't. Another reason people are supporting Trump is because they want to be Trump... they want his lifestyle... or at least to live vicariously through him.

I support him for entirely different reasons though. As long as people vote for him, I don't care why they do it (I think).
    Spot on.

And he says things they are thinking but usually don't say anything as its not very civil. The Megan incident, Carly look at that face, damn Mexicans.

He is a demagogue plain and simple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People want, probably? maybe? know they can't, won't EVER have, Trump's racist, xenophobic bull implemented.

If they vote for Trump because they envy his "lifestyle", then the supporters are really proving themselves stupid. Q E D
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-06-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even O'Reilly knows Trump is a conman

Watch: O'Reilly Admits to Colbert That Trump's 'Anti-Illegal Immigrant Stuff Is B.S.'

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...grant-stuff-bs

Trump supporters!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look who's fellatin Donny now

An endorsement for the onetime ‘cancer on conservatism

Among the most notable of these speeches, however, came by way of former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R), who invited the press to a DC hotel near the White House last July to deliver an anti-Trump stem-winder.

“My fellow Republicans, beware of false prophets,” Perry said at the time. “Do not let itching ears be tickled by messengers who appeal to anger, division and resentment. I will not go quiet when this cancer on conservatism threatens to metastasize into a movement of mean-spirited politics that will send the Republican Party to the same place it sent the Whig Party in 1854: the graveyard.”

Perry went on to characterize Trump as “a barking carnival act” who offers a “toxic mix of demagoguery, mean-spiritedness and nonsense that will lead the Republican Party to perdition if pursued.”

Keep all of this in mind when considering what Perry said yesterday. TPM reported:

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) on Thursday endorsed Donald Trump and left the door open to becoming the Republican vice presidential nominee.

“He is not a perfect man. But what I do believe is that he loves this country and he will surround himself with capable, experienced people and he will listen to them,” Perry told CNN. “He wasn’t my first choice, wasn’t my second choice, but he is the people’s choice.” […]

“He is one of the most talented people who has ever run for the president I have ever seen,” Perry told CNN.

When the subject turned to a possible role as Trump’s running mate, the Texas Republican added, “I am going to be open to any way I can help. I am not going to say no.”

No, of course not. Why say no to partnering with “a barking carnival act” who represents a “cancer on conservatism,” who’s poised to send your party to the “graveyard”?

Repugs are SO ed!

Thread Information