Page 156 of 745 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m fine with Ingram if LA can do other this and get a few more assets.

Then move LMA for Josh Jackson

After the dust settles and Kawhi and LMA are gone end up with:

Ingram + other assets + Josh Jackson or

Fultz + Zhaire + Saric + Josh Jackson or

Jaylen Brown + asset + Josh Jackson
    All things considered, I like these options tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that the 76ers acquired the Heat's unprotected '21 1st (given their long term outlook, that could be valuable) and the Suns gave up that pick to acquire Bridges, who plays the same position as Jackson and Warren (I realize they can all play some together, but they're all primarily SFs). If it comes to a trade and the Celtics play hardball with Brown, I think Jackson will be the focus . . .

76ers receive: Leonard
    Spurs receive: Jackson, Bender, Heat unprotected '21 1st (via 76ers)
    Suns receive: Fultz, Covington

A minor piece or two to Spurs (Anderson, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Bolden, Pasecniks, 2nds, etc.) could be added to fill it out.
    why would the Suns do this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still thinking of "CIA Pop" of the 2014 and earlier days. He's changed a lot since then.

Post championship Pop has definitely lost his edge and who know how he is now after the death of his wife. He doesn't have the stomach for this.
    so he should retire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I hope I'm wrong but I really doubt it. LMA was a nice recovery for them but this is on another level.

To steal a line from the Godfather, RC and present-day Pop aren't war time consiglieris tbh
    I don't see LMA traded at all, either. Doesn't make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, it's been "prefer the Lakers"...

They're liable to drop the hammer and escalate their demands any day now. And RC/Pop will cave. They care too much about PR and the integrity of the organization that as soon as the tide turns and people start turning against the Spurs for "holding Kawhi hostage." (the LA driven media will push this narrative tbh), he's gone.

I hope i'm wrong but it'll happen. RC and Pop don't have the stomach for this.
    That preference implies that's where he wants to be and would re-sign. Stating that is not really a big card to drop. Any potential trade partner is reading that the same way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would the Suns do this?

Maybe they wouldn't because of the risk surrounding Fultz, but . . .

- They don't have a starting PG.
    - They'd still have Bridges and Warren at SF, while adding Covington.
    - They don't really have a starting PF, either.
    - They could play Covington and Warren at it more .
    - Covington and Bridges theoretically fit perfectly around Booker, Ayton, Fultz.
    - Given what they gave up for Bridges, they probably have a bigger role for him in mind than what appears available.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Kawhi, Pops is the only reason why anyone would want to play for Spurs imo
    Don't listen to ducks. He's just feeling some kind of way because Pp is a meenie t Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still thinking of "CIA Pop" of the 2014 and earlier days. He's changed a lot since then.

Post championship Pop has definitely lost his edge and who know how he is now after the death of his wife. He doesn't have the stomach for this.
    Post championship and wife's death Pop has nothing better to do that Magic up the ass. TBH, Magic would probably enjoy it.

This is only partially about Kawhi. This whole scenario has Magic's sloppy finger prints all over it. Even if there were some proof, the league would do virtually nothing about it. Pop will get his own justice by ing the Laker superteam.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I was hoping we would do trade with Philly and get Bridges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post championship and wife's death Pop has nothing better to do that Magic up the ass. TBH, Magic would probably enjoy it.

This is only partially about Kawhi. This whole scenario has Magic's sloppy finger prints all over it. Even if there were some proof, the league would do virtually nothing about it. Pop will get his own justice by ing the Laker superteam.
    I hope you're right man, i really do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaries have to match up in the trade. Deng would have to be included. I think that's why it's easy for the Spurs to say no.
    No they don’t. La has cap space. They can get Kawhi and send nothing back technically

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uncle still has a couple more cards to play and they'll do it soon if RC/Pop keep up this narrative. It'll be "Kawhi will only re-sign with the Lakers" and then the ball is back in the Spurs' court and they'll fold.
    They have already said they will only re-sign with Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're right man, i really do.
    Pop's job out of the AF Academy was military intelligence, during the cold war. He was paid to out think and counter the Russians, who produce the greatest chess players in the world. There is more than a grain of truth when people say that PATFO is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Magic, Uncle Dennis, and the Lincoln agent aren't up to the task.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't listen to ducks. He's just feeling some kind of way because Pp is a meenie t Trump
    Good advice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have already said they will only re-sign with Lakers
    They might be free to do that next season. The Spurs are not wanting to trade him apparently which is likely the smart move. The Spurs paid $19 million + on his rehab and want him to fulfill his contract it would seem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they don’t. La has cap space. They can get Kawhi and send nothing back technically
    Not according to my trade machine efforts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so he should retire
    He and RC are gonna finish the job on the Spurs that they started with Pau and Patty before they hand over the reins to the next regime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if they want the super team. They need to use the cap space to sign LeBron and PG13. Then, they think they will force Deng down our throats. Not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not according to my trade machine efforts.
    Trust me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if they want the super team. They need to use the cap space to sign LeBron and PG13. Then, they think they will force Deng down our throats. Not happening.
    I know but I was making a very important technical point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's job out of the AF Academy was military intelligence, during the cold war. He was paid to out think and counter the Russians, who produce the greatest chess players in the world. There is more than a grain of truth when people say that PATFO is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Magic, Uncle Dennis, and the Lincoln agent aren't up to the task.
    I wonder if this is why that RJ deal worked that well or why we ended with $48M contract for a 37 years old player, without talking about future Parker's deal...

I guess PATFO isn't infallible as some people think but agree with you they're great chess players. To keep young talented players in SA next seasons I just expect they play Fortnite that well too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always teams who will take that chance even for a one season rental of a superstar player with opportunity to persuade to sign long term. Philly's rather clearly in the hunt for Leonard and can provide good value in return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uncle still has a couple more cards to play and they'll do it soon if RC/Pop keep up this narrative. It'll be "Kawhi will only re-sign with the Lakers" and then the ball is back in the Spurs' court and they'll fold.
    I know others have chimed in, but I'll add the link.

They already played that card 2 days ago, Spurs didn't blink on draft night.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-kawhi-leonard

He has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play in San Antonio and will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intention is to sign in Los Angeles when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said.
    Telling WOJ and Shelbourne that Kawhi will 'eventually' tell teams he'll only sign with the Lakers is immediately telling teams he'll only sign with the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that the 76ers acquired the Heat's unprotected '21 1st (given their long term outlook, that could be valuable) and the Suns gave up that pick to acquire Bridges, who plays the same position as Jackson and Warren (I realize they can all play some together, but they're all primarily SFs). If it comes to a trade and the Celtics play hardball with Brown, I think Jackson will be the focus . . .

76ers receive: Leonard
    Spurs receive: Jackson, Bender, Heat unprotected '21 1st (via 76ers)
    Suns receive: Fultz, Covington

A minor piece or two to Spurs (Anderson, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Bolden, Pasecniks, 2nds, etc.) could be added to fill it out.

Seems like every time someone proposes a new deal it just gets worse for the Spurs

So now the Spurs would only get Jackson, bust Bender, and a 2021 first from Miami that could be who knows where?

no thanks for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs card to play is to move Leonard to the Sixers and in the process help steer LeBron there. That strikes at the heart of the matter and the only way Leonard is traded is if he's not extended. It's not that appealing but if the return is Fultz Saric Zahire and the Heat pick that's a decent return in this situation.

True CIA Pop would be landing LeBron.

Thread Information