99 71.74%
  • Kevin Garnett

39 28.26%
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, what a in' homer take. And you have the gall to act as if you're impartial. They'll probably both end up in the Hall, but Dirk will get in before Manu.
    I think Manu gets in before Dirk, considering his Olympic and World Championship les. It's the Basketball HOF, not strictly an NBA one. That, and that Dirk will probably play a bit longer than Manu.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    LeBron and Wade are the most efficient scorers in the league. Obviously, Dirk is a better shooter than both of them, but they can get to rim and the line at will.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk owns the Spurs. I am sorry, I am a Spurs fan but the Spurs can never find an answer for Dirk. Elson Bonner Udoka Bowen, nothing. Dirk is one of the best offensive players in the league. Bonner didnt ever make Dirk look like a . If anything, its the double teams and scheming by Pop.
    Thank you. A good Spur fan take. Popovich schemed to get the ball out of Dirk and Terry's hands. In theory, you would rather take your chance on JJ Barea and Brandon Bass beating you instead of Dirk. It's not a coincidence that Dirk was kind of quiet in that series while the role players stepped up and made the Spurs pay. Anybody who watched that series saw that Dirk made the right plays and didn't force anything. He took what the defense gave him, played the facillitator role very well and made San Antonio pay for it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think Manu gets in before Dirk, considering his Olympic and World Championship les. It's the Basketball HOF, not strictly an NBA one.
    Fair enough, but no way Manu gets in and Dirk doesn't.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, but no way Manu gets in and Dirk doesn't.
    Agreed. I got an edit in there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Lebron 1.4 pts per FG attempt-(210 more pts. than Dirk in 3 less FG attempts than Dirk)

-Dirk 1.2 pts per FG attempt

-Lebron 2.0 TO/Assts. ratio

-Dirk 1.3 TO/Assts ratio

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    -Lebron 1.4 pts per FG attempt-(210 more pts. than Dirk in 3 less FG attempts than Dirk)

-Dirk 1.2 pts per FG attempt

-Lebron 2.0 TO/Assts. ratio

-Dirk 1.3 TO/Assts ratio
    Agreed. Off the top of my head without looking it up, I thought Dirk was more efficient. Dirk is up at the top of the league though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, what a in' homer take. And you have the gall to act as if you're impartial. They'll probably both end up in the Hall, but Dirk will get in before Manu.
    If I were a homer I'd have put Manu on the top 16 list. Manu is already a first ballot HoF, Dirk isn't right now. Tell me how's that beign a homer.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If I were a homer I'd have put Manu on the top 16 list. Manu is already a first ballot HoF, Dirk isn't right now. Tell me how's that beign a homer.
    There's no way the greatest foreign NBA player of all time has less of a case than Manu. I know it's the basketball hall of fame and things other than the NBA matter, but Dirk is a better bet than Manu. Dirk is already first-ballot HOF. It's not even up for debate. For the record, I think Manu gets in too, but it's ludicrous to say Manu is a lock and Dirk isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way the greatest foreign NBA player of all time has less of a case than Manu. I know it's the basketball hall of fame and things other than the NBA matter, but Dirk is a better bet than Manu. Dirk is already first-ballot HOF. It's not even up for debate. For the record, I think Manu gets in too, but it's ludicrous to say Manu is a lock and Dirk isn't.
    I agree that Dirk is a HoF, but if the people that vote to get players into the HoF would have to pick only one between Manu and Dirk. Manu'd get the nod.

Manu is the only player in the history to win the Eurolegue (MVP), Olympics (MVP) and NBA (one vote short of the MVP).

I know that you don't give a about the Euroleague but the people that have a say in who gets into the Hall do.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I agree that Dirk is a HoF, but if the people that vote to get people into the HoF would have to pick only one between Manu and Dirk. Manu'd get the nod.
    You're crazy.

Manu is the only player in the history to win the Eurolegue (MVP), Olympics (MVP)
    Fixed it for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're crazy.

Fixed it for you.
    So he didn't win the NBA

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Manu also played on stacked Argentinian teams while Dirk took a bunch of scrubs to an Olympic birth. Manu's gold medal and Olympics MVP is impressive; it is not awe-inspiring.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So he didn't win the NBA
    What is "winning the NBA?" You wrote "one short of MVP." What does that mean? Manu does not have a regular-season MVP award. He has never won a Finals MVP. "Almost" winning either doesn't count. An NBA regular-season MVP is more important than a Euroleague MVP award. I didn't say the Euroleague isn't a high quality of play, but an NBA MVP award is more impressive. The Basketball HOF does not value a Euroleague MVP award over an NBA regular-season one.

NBA = Major Leagues
    EuroLeague = Triple A

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    OK, if I was the 12th man on the US Olympic team this year instead of Michael Redd, I'd have an Olympic gold medal and wouldn't have to do . Is that some sort of achievement?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Manu has the same # of les as a #1 guy as Dirk: 0. Dirk has 1 more Finals appearance as a #1 guy than Manu. Dirk would have 3 rings too if he had been a Spur since 2003. Actually, he'd probably have more, because Dirk/TD >>> Manu/TD.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the vote tally where Manu was one vote short of winning NBA MVP. I'd love to see it mostly because it doesn't exist.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Why the is it taking so long for Christian Laettner to get into the Hall of Fame? He's a ing Gold Medal winner, dammit!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    NBA (one vote short of the MVP).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why the is it taking so long for Christian Laettner to get into the Hall of Fame? He's a ing Gold Medal winner, dammit!
    AC Green has RINGS! He's a lock for the HOF!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    AC Green has RINGS! He's a lock for the HOF!

Sean Marks > Charles Barkley

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Trajan Langdon kicks ing ASS in Euroleague! Put him in the HOF the day he retires!!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trajan Langdon kicks ing ASS in Euroleague! Put him in the HOF the day he retires!!!!!
    Euroleague fa life!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu also played on stacked Argentinian teams while Dirk took a bunch of scrubs to an Olympic birth. Manu's gold medal and Olympics MVP is impressive; it is not awe-inspiring.
    Problem with Manu is that NBA fans don't realize how big Manu trully is in the rest of the basketball world. Go ask any FIBA fan and you'll see that he's one of the greats. Manu had the bad luck (not really) of landing on the Spurs at the age of 24. Put Manu at the age of 20 or 21 on the Grizzlies and he'll have a career average of 20+ pts per game, lots of all-star games, individual awards, etc.

Naming Manu to FIBA fans is like naming Magic, Bird, etc. to NBA fans.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Put Manu at the age of 20 or 21 on the Grizzlies and he'll have a career average of 20+ pts per game, lots of all-star games, individual awards, etc.
    Yeah, and if Dirk was drafted by the Lakers, the Shaq/Kobe/Dirk Lakers would have about 7 rings right now.

Hypothetical Dirk > Hypothetical Manu

Thread Information