Page 166 of 238 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The day Saban is announced as the head coach at Texas is the day I run buck naked down the riverwalk.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    it wont happen, but if by the off chance it did, nothing would be more amusing than to see aggy fan meltdown and MJ in all their faces

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Ash to return in spring.

If he's able to return to form and be truly healthy, this would work out perfectly for the QB situation. We get to have Ash as a Junior again, and a senior. In the meantime, Jerrod Heard can redshirt and by time Ash graduates, Heard should be ready to step in as a redshirt sop re. Swoopes should be a solid backup during this time, infinitely better than Case, should Ash get hurt again.

Gotta wonder how this year would have turned out with a full season of healthy Ash and Robinson as DC from the get-go. They definitely don't lose to Ole Piss or BYU with vastly superior defensive fundamentals, and possibly don't lose to Baylor either, as that game was mostly due to Case. Hard to say how the OU game would have went though, as they probably would have taken UT much more seriously than they seemed to, but OU still wasn't that good this year anyways, and way overachieved/overranked for their talent level blake bell.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Derick Roberson just won AP 4A defensive player of the year in the state of Texas. He has somewhere between 20 and 30 sacks for the season.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Good news for the Longhorns - Aggy's secondary coach Marcel Yates is headed back to Boise as the defensive coordinator, tbh.... he's been a very good recruiter, so Aggy's recruiting might take a hit with him gone, tbh....

Post Count
    Derick Roberson just won AP 4A defensive player of the year in the state of Texas. He has somewhere between 20 and 30 sacks for the season.
    We better hold on to him.

Post Count
    Rumour is Jon Gruden is interested. I would definitely say "yes!" to hiring him.

My top three realistic candidates: Jon Gruden, David Shaw & Mike Gundy.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    if gruden comes to coach at UT, i'll tattoo his face on my ass

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    in other news UT is still the highest valued program in the nation

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...nt-be-stopped/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying WR Emanuel Porter has no plans of de-committing as long as Wyatt is retained by the next head coach.

Word is both Porter and Wyatt would like to stick with Texas.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm sure he's just trying to get a raise from ESPN, and I was wildly opposed at first as well, but after thinking on it, let me make a defense of Gruden:

1. As far as personality, he's the anti-Mack. He's young, energetic and fiery. He coached the Oakland Raiders — he wouldn't lead a soft team.
    2. There are questions about what offense he'd run since the game has changed a lot since he left, but he's had a ton of spare time to study offenses and talk to coaches and players. He was a West Coast guy when he left but is interested in the spread. And I tend to think the truly good coaches are smart enough and flexible enough to adopt whatever offensive and defensive philosophies they need to be successful.
    3. He would be a splash hire. I don't know how many recruits would remember him as a coach, but they know him from MNF. There would be jokes, but I think most reasonable football fans would also recognize that he's a tough mofo who's won a Super Bowl.
    4. He knows the Xs and Os, which I think is the second-most important quality in our next HC (after point #1 above). He's not a CEO-type coach. I suspect he'd be infinitely better at deploying and developing talent than what we've had for the past several years.

That said, he ain't leaving that cushy ESPN gig, and he doesn't have the extensive college experience Patterson said he wants.

if gruden comes to coach at UT, i'll tattoo his face on my ass
    Nothing I would want to see with my own eyes but hilarious!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Patterson has formed his search committee for the head coaching vacancy.

Lots of money in this group:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...ootball-coach/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Patterson has formed his search committee for the head coaching vacancy.

Lots of money in this group:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...ootball-coach/
    Interesting who is not on the list, I thought for sure that Red McCombs or Tom Hicks would be part of the search committee. Even more, I'm surprised Mack isn't included.

Post Count
    Interesting who is not on the list, I thought for sure that Red McCombs or Tom Hicks would be part of the search committee. Even more, I'm surprised Mack isn't included.
    Another name I keep hearing about in the middle of everything is this guy, wallace hall. He is also not on the committee.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Even more, I'm surprised Mack isn't included.
    Patterson couldn't do that after what went down on Friday night and Saturday morning, and I doubt he'd even want to.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel
    "Talked to a few people about Texas job today. Expect it to be a slow process, with the hire coming after Jan. 1."

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know its not a popular choice and most have not heard of him, but James Franklin from vandy I think will get some attention from UT brass..Guy deserves to get attention with turning around a program like vandy in the SEC in a short amount of time.
    It's not hard to get a winning record when 7 of your games are against horrible teams.

5-7 Tennessee
    4-8 Wake Forest
    4-8 Florida
    2-10 Kentucky
    2-10 UAB
    1-11 UMass
    0-12 Austin Peay

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @BFeldmanCBS
    #TCU makes it official, annoucing #TexasTech's Sonny bie as #HornedFrogs new co-OC & QB coach

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel
    "Talked to a few people about Texas job today. Expect it to be a slow process, with the hire coming after Jan. 1."
    Hmmm. Coincides with what was in the chat sports link. Aggy tin bricks at this very moment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another name I keep hearing about in the middle of everything is this guy, wallace hall. He is also not on the committee.
    The reason you hear about him is because he's in the midst of being impeached. That ing asshole will have NOTHING to do with the coaching hire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack and Powers are on the outside looking in. Patterson is in full control.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh. And Saban is still set on Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh. And Saban is still set on Texas.

dude. let. it. go.

Thread Information