Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Kaman still with them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many threads have been infultrated with Okafor/#10 talk? I can't escape this ridiculous, fabricated rumor and it's annoying.

Let's talk De Colo...is a poor man's Manu the right comparison from a skill-set perspective?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many threads have been infultrated with Okafor/#10 talk? I can't escape this ridiculous, fabricated rumor and it's annoying.

Let's talk De Colo...is a poor man's Manu the right comparison from a skill-set perspective?
    Offensively, that's pretty apt. Defensively, he's turribul.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    NOLA has made it clear that they don't want to simply dump Okafor with the 10th pick. They want more than that.

Even though Okafor massively overpaid, he is still the only starting material Center NOLA has right now. So i don't think they're that desperate to move him.

They could simply draft Davis and Lillard with their picks and keep Okafor.
    Sigh. I don't WANT to send them Jack. He's a valuable playoff commodity, and would be of no use to N.O.

N.O. #10/Okafor

for

Splitter/Bonner/Blair/CoJo/Byars unguaranteed contract

Splitter and CoJo are assets and former first rounders. Bonner is almost an ending contract ($1M guaranteed in 2013-14), and Byars and Blair can be cut immediately if they want. Blair is also cheap if they want to keep him for next year. N.O. gets a young PG, a scoring big, and somewhere in the vicinity of $20M in salary relief.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he more of a PG, or is he a SG masquerading as a PG? I really have no clue as to his game other than the French posters here have good things to say about him.

But hey, if Cory Joseph can get a shot at PG . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dragic from Houston but you have to think he's a starter in this league, not tps back up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he more of a PG, or is he a SG masquerading as a PG? I really have no clue as to his game other than the French posters here have good things to say about him.

But hey, if Cory Joseph can get a shot at PG . . .

Cory has ZEROj chance at the PG with Nando coming over.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is nandos defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is nandos defense?
    Got decent size for a combo guard. If he's at least a George Hill...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. De Colo reminds me of Manu. But he doesn't have Manu's quickness or ultimate aggressiveness. But De Colo has a very good jumper, high basketball IQ, excellent passer, and he might be a tad bit better defender than Manu. He would be an instant upgrade to the Spurs roster at backup PG.
    Sounds like Beno without the headaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. De Colo reminds me of Manu. But he doesn't have Manu's quickness or ultimate aggressiveness. But De Colo has a very good jumper, high basketball IQ, excellent passer, and he might be a tad bit better defender than Manu. He would be an instant upgrade to the Spurs roster at backup PG.
    I'm excited to hopefully see De Colo play for the spurs next season if they sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like it's going well on the De Colo's front for Spurs. Baring a last minute snag, he will be a Spur.

From today's french newspaper:

De Colo dreams too about San Antonio
    Focused on the training for the Olympics games, the French NT player is very close to sign with Spurs for the next season.

[...]
    He is only one signing away from going from Valencia to the Texas and from the Spanish league to the NBA. He is expected to go to the San Antonio Spurs, the team that drafted with the 53rd spot of the 2009 draft. They should make him a concrete contract offer in early July: "Agents, said De Colo, are taking care of that. Whatever happens, there is a place for me. It's in a good way".

If Spurs are primary focused on the contract extension of Tim Duncan, thair second item on their priority list is Nando De Colo! "That's what they told me" confirmed the interested player who is too directly discussing, through email, with Spurs GM, RC Buford. "He tells that it's progressing well and that San Antonio is one of the most professional franchise in the NBA for that kind of subject." However, De Colo never goes too high because of words: "I'm not like that. And nothing is signed. There as so much stories where people are telling things to you and finally nothign happens. For the moment, I'm not thinking at it. It can be a logical continuation for my career. If it happens, I would be happy about it."

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well looks like we have are back up PG unless CoJo comes up big in SL but don't see that happening. Now we need to address are front line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instant upgrade over Neal? Has size and defensive awareness, which are the two things Neal as a combo guard sorely lacks.

Which makes me ask: is he a turnover machine?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang I hope Lobrek changes his mind and signs with us.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Dang I hope Lobrek changes his mind and signs with us.
    Thread determination fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had 13 points against Italy today, not sure on assists (no boxscore). Some of the tweets I read, he was aggressive to the basket while also playing the PG spot well (good passes etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw most of the first two games FNT played against Italy "B" team (they are without all their best players).

De Colo was the starting PG and looked good. Like he has shown in Spain this year, he has no issue at all playing the PG slot and he is still terrific in the pick and roll.

Aside of De Colo, Diaw was in a full passing mode, Seraphin is a beast and Gobert is a heck of a prospect. Some Italian players show some nice things too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno if we can't get Lobrek do you see any other foreign player that the Spurs could bring over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw most of the first two games FNT played against Italy "B" team (they are without all their best players).

De Colo was the starting PG and looked good. Like he has shown in Spain this year, he has no issue at all playing the PG slot and he is still terrific in the pick and roll.

Aside of De Colo, Diaw was in a full passing mode, Seraphin is a beast and Gobert is a heck of a prospect. Some Italian players show some nice things too.
    If De Colo's game translates well to the NBA he'll be killing it behind Tony (and eventually take over the starting spot). Seraphin is a guy I'd expect to be Washington's first big off the bench or even a starter, depending on health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno if we can't get Lobrek do you see any other foreign player that the Spurs could bring over?
    Well, there are a lot of foreign players that could be interesting. The best of the bunch is likely Nenad Krstic who has already been successful in NBA. Teletovic would be a fine stretch PF. He was a chucker but he has improved a lot these past couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FNT played a 3rd game in 3 days against a very weak Ivory Coast team. They were up 52-17 in the middle of third quarter before taking it easy to end the game with a 78-41 score. De Colo was fine but it's hard to draw conclusion with that kind of games.

Some players were cut after the game. What's interesting is FNT coach has let go both backup PGs (Thicamboud and Albicy). A reason of this move is that they have been really bad but another is that, unlike in the past, FNT coach has been really sold on De Colo ability to play PG.

A nice little assist, he made yesterday:

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If De Colo's game translates well to the NBA he'll be killing it behind Tony (and eventually take over the starting spot). Seraphin is a guy I'd expect to be Washington's first big off the bench or even a starter, depending on health.
    If his defense is as bad as advertised, being a bench player would be his limit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his defense is as bad as advertised, being a bench player would be his limit.
    Tbh if Denmon plays better D than him he'll see the rotation first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been told this morning that De Colo is another wing and therefore "not someone I'd see the spurs wanting"

Also "euro scouts view De Colo as a 2 guard, not a PG"

Thread Information