Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His weaknesses are pretty important aspects as a lead guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to have to get stronger to finish through contact and going to have to play team ball and leave those isos off the dribble in college....

Also not necessarily a lead guard for the Spurs. Kyle was a PG in college and has had to learn to play off the ball. This dude being a better shooter is probably better suited for off the ball play.

Not really comparable bc Kyle's 6'9 with really elite length and has gotten stronger. He can get contact and finish with his length .... I don't know about him.. we shall see I guess.

Also he's one ugly mofo. Big fronhead aside I guess... nothing like Kyle lol. That's for those who were pinning him on me.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-23-2017 at 11:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His weaknesses are pretty important aspects as a lead guard.
    And his strengths are pretty important aspects as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And his strengths are pretty important aspects as well.
    For a lead guard in the NBA? Disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's was on track to be a rotation player before the injury tbh

James Anderson was never the same after that injury. Before that, he was looking like a real draft bargain. Not a star, but like you say he was on track to get rotation minutes. Would have been life-changing for that young man, and I always felt sorry for how things turned on him.

But he's another example of the Spurs making a good late pick. The fact that it didn't pan out doesn't change the fact that it was a good pick.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Anderson was never the same after that injury. Before that, he was looking like a real draft bargain. Not a star, but like you say he was on track to get rotation minutes. Would have been life-changing for that young man, and I always felt sorry for how things turned on him.

But he's another example of the Spurs making a good late pick. The fact that it didn't pan out doesn't change the fact that it was a good pick.
    Yeah and if I remember correctly that was a very weak draft as far as depth goes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my, the alien invasion is real.
    I bet you're an ugly mother ed too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a lead guard in the NBA? Disagree.
    I disagree with your disagree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet you're an ugly mother ed too.
    Not really, did I hit a nerve on you or something?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how well that kind of shot blocking can translate to the NBA level. His wingspan is quite a bit shorter compared to Danny Green, 6-7 1/2 vs. 6-10.
    I just noticed that.. we're used to seeing Kawhi's & DG's looooong arms disrupting all kinds of players out in the perimeter, but in the highlights his arms do seem rather short (compared to KL & DG's). Not sure I'm liking this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That instinct and timing is god given... paired with a great standing vertical, and his technique polished by the Spurs defensive system, seems like his shot blocking will carry over. Intelligence also helps on both sides of the ball. And he has also shown fron his career path, to be someone who overcomes odds, and will give everything he has to succeed. That sort of at ude is contagious and needed for championship teams.

I think Murray needs to be surrounded by those sorts of energies or he could easily get waylaid fron his promise.

I'm not sure, but also a part of Danny Green being jettisoned has been his inconsistent work ethic. I know where he gets his haircut, and that barber shop also has a lot questionable going ons about it.

This pick shows many layers, and gives interesting insight.
    I agree with his work ethic as a possible reason, but can you elaborate on the "questionable going on" at the barber shop that he hangs out in?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400915646

Wanting bell over White.

Derrick White leading his team to defeat #10 Oregon. Much better stats than bell tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Danny Green's defense even though he's a very limited player in so many other aspects.

He may have questionable work ethic, but clearly better work ethic than LaMarcus. The problem is that these two players are the next oldest players in the team and you have to expect that they show some level of leadership. Green is 30 and Aldridge is 31.

Everyone else is younger, Mills is 28, Simmons 27, Leonard 25 and gets younger with Bertans, Murray, Forbes and now White.

The old guys with work ethic, like Manu and Parker are likely not going to be playing.

Gasol is a slacker and isn't working harder at his age.

So really, Spurs have a big problem with Green and Aldridge being slackers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my, the alien invasion is real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a believer. Not saying he'll pan out, but he's far craftier than most of the guys in this draft. The NBA is sliding into a hole drafting all these freshman prospects that are 2-4 years away from knowing how to play. The NBA schedule doesn't allow teaching the craft of the game and most of these guys are just going to be . High ceiling for most of them is Marvin Williams. And then the second half of the draft was full of freshman big men.

If White was two or three years younger he'd be at least a lottery pick. Four years younger, top five.

I know that's a big jump, but GM's now are looking at 'guys who will improve', the upside thing. But what if that player is already at 23 what you hope the guy you're drafting at 20 will become?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nothing sinisiter, just you know, if you need some party favirs you can find it there out the back etc...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, did I hit a nerve on you or something?

Nah, I just find it funny you making fun of someone look on the Internet while hiding behind your computer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Danny Green's defense even though he's a very limited player in so many other aspects.

He may have questionable work ethic, but clearly better work ethic than LaMarcus. The problem is that these two players are the next oldest players in the team and you have to expect that they show some level of leadership. Green is 30 and Aldridge is 31.

Everyone else is younger, Mills is 28, Simmons 27, Leonard 25 and gets younger with Bertans, Murray, Forbes and now White.

The old guys with work ethic, like Manu and Parker are likely not going to be playing.

Gasol is a slacker and isn't working harder at his age.

So really, Spurs have a big problem with Green and Aldridge being slackers.
    Pau has stayed in shape for better than LMA has. Including last year.
    Last edited by tbdog; 06-24-2017 at 08:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda reminds me of a young Courtney Lee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The negative posts remind me of how everyone felt when we drafted George Hill. Almost identical. I expect he will become the starting SG in a few years unless if Simmons somehow sticks around.. Green's days are numbered. Green will not be dumped, but will be a sweetener to close a deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I just find it funny you making fun of someone look on the Internet while hiding behind your computer.
    Is not what ST is for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is not what ST is for?
    I think it is set forth somewhere in the bylaws.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is not what ST is for?
    Sure if you're an ugly mother er yourself

Thread Information