Page 171 of 238 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5940
    Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    AD Steve Patterson says that he plans to have a new coach in place no later than Jan.15th. The 15th ends the dead period for recruiting and he feels that its important for the new coach to begin targeting recruits and developing relationships at that point.

Post Count
    How nice would it have been to have a high schooler (Bryce Dixon) at TE last night than whoever we had.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wanted to apologize for the lack of posts the past few weeks. Not only has there not been much going on, but I've tried to step away from the boards since it's mostly just annoying conjecture on the coaching search. Anyway, hope y'all had a nice Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) and have a safe night this evening. Hopefully the new era will start next week and we'll have a lot to talk about.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone from the staff going to be retained after this season? Are we still waiting till jan 1 to hear more coaching rumors?
    hopefully we keep robinson
    Not a coach, but Suddes should be retained.

Only coach I can see getting serious consideration is Wyatt and an outside chance for Davis and Porter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    AD Steve Patterson says that he plans to have a new coach in place no later than Jan.15th. The 15th ends the dead period for recruiting and he feels that its important for the new coach to begin targeting recruits and developing relationships at that point.
    One would hope the new coach and his staff would be in place a week before that date.

They will have a lot of film to review and will need to get their recruiting plan together so they can go all-out when the dead period expires.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Not a coach, but Suddes should be retained.

Only coach I can see getting serious consideration is Wyatt and an outside chance for Davis and Porter.
    Would Wyatt stay as the OC?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some notes posted by Inside Texas yesterday...

-QB David Ash's concussion symptoms are finally gone. He has been throwing with the elder Shipley and plans on being ready for spring ball.

-the search committee has yet to officially meet and probably won't before a new coach is hired. This is solely Patterson's baby and a good reason why we've seen so many different baseless coaching rumors; nobody truly knows what's going on. With that said, don't expect arguably the biggest decision of Patterson's career to result in a name like Fedora of North Carolina.

-Mack and President Powers are currently not speaking. Factor in Mack trying to re-negotiate his buyout agreement plus leaking details to the media, and it's made things quite awkward. Luckily, it's benefited the coaching search because it's keeping Mack at a distance and Patterson has been given full autonomy to go get his guy. It also helps with any potential coaching candidate knowing that Mack won't be around peering over his shoulder at all times.

-speaking of Mack's buyout agreement, those details are supposed to be finalized starting today and are expected to be done swiftly. The main issue to be resolved is UT releasing itself from any liability as it pertains to Mack. His new role shouldn't be anything more than fundraising figurehead and Powers apparently now understands this is the way it has to be going forward if the football team is ever going to get back on track.

-the current #1 candidate is supposed to be formally offered this week, but no word if it will be done publicly for all of us to see. I'd say doubtful. One of Patterson's main goals with the new coaching hire is to change how the college football world is viewed (Big XII vs. SEC) in the eyes of recruits. The big money donors have also voiced this issue as one of their major concerns for the future.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Would Wyatt stay as the OC?
    I wish I could give you a straight answer as it will depend on the offensive philosophy of the new coach and if the new coach already has an OC in mind. Keeping Wyatt around could be difficult if he's not given at least the le of co-offensive coordinator. We've already seen his name linked to some other OC jobs like North Carolina. My opinion is there is enough evidence of him as a proven recruiter and playcaller that he should at least receive an interview to remain on staff. I know 24/7 has mentioned that he would like to stay at Texas if he had his choice.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Notes from 24/7 as of this morning...

-they believe Jimbo Fisher signing an extension does not at all mean he's out of the picture for Texas and UT will continue to pursue.

-Patterson met with several former, big-name UT players (Eric Metcalf, Kasey Studdard, David Thomas) yesterday at the Hyatt in downtown San Antonio to discuss the coaching hire. The group's main concerns were getting someone on board who understands the tradition of the Texas program, someone who can relay the importance of academics (especially players coming back to finish degrees) and someone who flat-out wins games by building a solid program and maintaining that level of excellence.

-even though coaching candidates weren't discussed at length, the two names mentioned by the group were Jimbo Fisher and Art Briles.

-it is said that the former players were pleased with Patterson as the new AD because he's a UT guy and understands what it's like to be on campus and immersed in the culture. The players felt like they were genuinely heard, Patterson is "one of us" and "he gets it."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Amanda Pflugrad ‏@AmandaPflugrad
    Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro announced in the press conference he will forgo his senior season and will enter the NFL draft.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Eric T ‏@Taylor_UT
    The last time Texas woke up without Mack Brown as HC, Clinton was pres, gas averaged $1.19, Elton John was #1 on the Billboard Top 100.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think it's gonna be Charlie Strong, I'm sure that will piss everyone off but I like that hire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DE Derick Roberson of San Antonio Brennan (24/7):

“I'm cool with them right now,” Roberson said of where his commitment to Texas stands. “I'm still committed to Texas, but I'm just waiting to see what happens with the coaching stuff before I take any other visits or move on.”

“No,” Roberson said. “I'd stick with Texas (and wouldn't de-commit before the new coach is hired.)"

“Texas has been my No. 1 school since I was little,” Roberson said. “I've had a couple of cousins play for Texas. Texas is home.”

“Oregon got in contact with me,” Roberson said. “Texas A&M is still offering me. OU is still coming after me. Alabama, USC and all of them.”

“Probably most likely Oregon,” said Roberson, who mentioned Alabama and Texas A&M as possible visit destinations. “I hear the university is real nice. They're one of the top ten in the country.”

“He's (Oscar Giles) stayed producing top-notch, NFL draft picks at defensive end,” Roberson said. “[Jeffcoat] just won a bunch of awards. If he's there, I'm there.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB/S Tony Brown will not play in the Under Armour game this week due to a shoulder injury.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think it's gonna be Charlie Strong, I'm sure that will piss everyone off but I like that hire.
    It could be much worse than Strong.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now ESPN rumors Penn. St OBrien being given strong consideration.

Never ends...

Post Count
    Nobody has a clue, there is no point in just engaging in pure speculation.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nobody has a clue, there is no point in just engaging in pure speculation.
    Its interesting to consider who has not been considered.

So far, I have not.

Post Count
    Its interesting to consider who has not been considered.

So far, I have not.
    It's interesting, yet largely pointless.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now ESPN rumors Penn. St OBrien being given strong consideration.

Never ends...
    O'Brien will either go back to Penn State or he will be the next coach of the Houston Texans.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Keep in mind that it's very possible we're getting misinformation, but OrangeBloods saying Patterson interviewed Charlie Strong today.

He's also already interviewed Vanderbilt's James Franklin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Keep in mind that it's very possible we're getting misinformation, but OrangeBloods saying Patterson interviewed Charlie Strong today.

He's also already interviewed Vanderbilt's James Franklin.
    Spin machine. The real name will not get leaked until the announcement.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LOL Orange Bloods is about as inside on this as I am. Their inside source has dried up and is himself/herself on the outside.

congrats to everyone that paid 9.95 for all the misinformation.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The one thing I do believe in all this is that Texas is under a lot of pressure to hire a big splash name to take over the program. Someone that will turn the tide of recruit propaganda away from the belief that the SEC is better than the Big 12. This is why I still think the name will come from outside the Big 12 conference but will be someone that has close recruiting ties to Texas high school football.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    O'Brien will either go back to Penn State or he will be the next coach of the Houston Texans.
    Done deal. Texans have hired O'Brien.

Thread Information