Page 178 of 745 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you have to get SOMETHING for him. You just do.
    No you don't.

There's no way the Spurs don't lose in the deal. They will no longer be contenders. They will no longer have a top ten player. They will be finished.

And when the Spurs are the 5/6 seed and first round losers and Kawhi is winning a ring in 11 months and the media is worshipping him and pissing on San Antonio, every Spurs fan will feel like . Even with Saric and some Miami pick that might or might not be lotto, everyone will feel like . Despite Terry Rozier and a King's pick in a crap draft, it's going to feel like garbage. Every tv show, radio, podcast, everything, will trash San Antonio. Nothing will make that feel different.

Ask yourselves how Denver and Orlando fans feel. Did they have to get something for Melo and Dwight? All it got them was years of crap, and worse. The players and picks they got back not only didn't mean anything, it see them back years because they felt obligated to PAY those guys. After all, they couldn't just let those guys walk. So they paid Gallo and Chandler and Vucevic and wish they hadn't.

, Memphis might have had the best case scenario. They accidentally got an all star back for Pau. But what did that REALLY get them? One western conference finals where they were destroyed by the Spurs and are now fading into over paid obscurity. What did the Lakers get? Just 2 rings and another finals appearance.

Trying to get something, anything for Kawhi is folly and will end with a sick feeling in the gut.

After the shenanigans Kawhi has pulled, I'll feel better knowing he's been sat while the vultures drain him dry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you don't.

There's no way the Spurs don't lose in the deal. They will no longer be contenders. They will no longer have a top ten player. They will be finished.

And when the Spurs are the 5/6 seed and first round losers and Kawhi is winning a ring in 11 months and the media is worshipping him and pissing on San Antonio, every Spurs fan will feel like . Even with Saric and some Miami pick that might or might not be lotto, everyone will feel like . Despite Terry Rozier and a King's pick in a crap draft, it's going to feel like garbage. Every tv show, radio, podcast, everything, will trash San Antonio. Nothing will make that feel different.

Ask yourselves how Denver and Orlando fans feel. Did they have to get something for Melo and Dwight? All it got them was years of crap, and worse. The players and picks they got back not only didn't mean anything, it see them back years because they felt obligated to PAY those guys. After all, they couldn't just let those guys walk. So they paid Gallo and Chandler and Vucevic and wish they hadn't.

, Memphis might have had the best case scenario. They accidentally got an all star back for Pau. But what did that REALLY get them? One western conference finals where they were destroyed by the Spurs and are now fading into over paid obscurity. What did the Lakers get? Just 2 rings and another finals appearance.

Trying to get something, anything for Kawhi is folly and will end with a sick feeling in the gut.

After the shenanigans Kawhi has pulled, I'll feel better knowing he's been sat while the vultures drain him dry.

ps: I still can not believe they have people wanting to give Kawhi and his uncle what they want, make him pay, Pop should keep the guy playing in SA for a full season, let's see if he can handle that pressure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it, I'm willing to let him sit on the bench all year. I agree with Objective. We'll all feel like crap in a year or two if we give him what he wants. If the return is good, trade him, if not, let him walk to LA as a free agent.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you don't.

If he actually won't resign anywhere but LA, then the Spurs really should keep him this year, can't let him get away with that BS. won't the Spurs still have trade leverage next year because of bird rights? make him face the team he quit on for another year, and then either lose millions by becoming a free agent, or S&T where the Spurs want to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he actually won't resign anywhere but LA, then the Spurs really should keep him this year, can't let him get away with that BS. won't the Spurs still have trade leverage next year because of bird rights? make him face the team he quit on for another year, and then either lose millions by becoming a free agent, or S&T where the Spurs want to trade him.
    if he sign supermax with the spurs they can't trade him at least first season of the new contract (nba rules)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    man, y’all treating this like a high school break up id be surprised if the spurs allows this drama to drag into the 18’ season, while spursfan continues a season-long lament for a player who doesn’t want to be there. they simply can’t compromise what makes them one of the best franchise in the league. it’s always been a players league, so imagine how other potential free agents would look at how poorly the spurs have handled this situation— assuming they sit the guy while they take exhaust all kinds of legal action to spite KL— that is donald sterling level of malice and dan gilbert level of pettiness and the liberal media would roast PATFO for tormenting a deaf mute individual who simply wants a new start.

trading him is the best option, but if the rumors of his desire to play in los angeles next season are true, unfortunately i don’t see much value in return, especially not from a stickler like danny ainge- also, if the spurs brass are dedicated in trading him only to an eastern conference team and fultz is the best “asset” they could get, then good luck developing a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, y’all treating this like a high school break up id be surprised if the spurs allows this drama to drag into the 18’ season, while spursfan continues a season-long lament for a player who doesn’t want to be there. they simply can’t compromise what makes them one of the best franchise in the league. it’s always been a players league, so imagine how other potential free agents would look at how poorly the spurs have handled this situation— assuming they sit the guy while they take exhaust all kinds of legal action to spite KL— that is donald sterling level of malice and dan gilbert level of pettiness and the liberal media would roast PATFO for tormenting a deaf mute individual who simply wants a new start.

trading him is the best option, but if the rumors of his desire to play in los angeles next season are true, unfortunately i don’t see much value in return, especially not from a stickler like danny ainge- also, if the spurs brass are dedicated in trading him only to an eastern conference team and fultz is the best “asset” they could get, then good luck developing a bust.
    Unless Leonard is on board with the Spurs I don’t want him anywhere near the young Spurs. If the best you can get is a 10th round pick in the 2030 draft fine. Then trade him to the worst friggin team in the East on condition that they play his sorry ass 58 minutes a game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Unless Leonard is on board with the Spurs I don’t want him anywhere near the young Spurs. If the best you can get is a 10th round pick in the 2030 draft fine. Then trade him to the worst friggin team in the East on condition that they play his sorry ass 58 minutes a game.
    exactly- if his mind is made up, id trade him. the litmus test is where they send him. sadly, there’s not much option for san antonio. if they really want to stick it to the guy one last time, id send him to charlotte and play for one of the worse owner in the league (in terms of moral and ethics ) but in all honesty, the spurs shouldn’t limit themselves in this useless “conference “ argument, especially since there’s talks of a possible 1-16 playoff format.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't worry about him being around young players. He doesn't speak anyway.

I agree with those who say keep him, let him play if he can, and trade him midseason to an Eastern Confrrence contender. There's also an outside chance that if he plays well, and the Spurs have a good season, they could still fix the relationship and extend him next year.

No way I would trade him to Lakers now unless they offer a package that it is over the top.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he sign supermax with the spurs they can't trade him at least first season of the new contract (nba rules)
    supermax is out of the question, I meant how much he can make from a regular extension next year vs. signing as a free agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d also bug uncle Dennis, Magic and Jeannie Buss’s phones and nail the collaborating SOBs to the wall. I’m praying they already have the goods on the Lakers and are just holding back to see how this resolves itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d also bug uncle Dennis, Magic and Jeannie Buss’s phones and nail the collaborating SOBs to the wall. I’m praying they already have the goods on the Lakers and are just holding back to see how this resolves itself.
    At this point, something like that would be the best outcome. If you could show interference by the Lakers with their recent fines over such, you'd end up with them being banned from signing KL and would probably lose draft picks. Ideal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No way I would trade him to Lakers now unless they offer a package that it is over the top.
    the lakers shouldn’t trade anything for a guy who may eventually sign with them next year. they’re not only giving up any little assets they have but it’s also a huge risk to commit to someone who may not be the same player.

but it’s a typical Lakers move and I could see it going down since jeanie is thirsty for star appeal. IMO, i’d let the young guys play, give them another season to grow. im not being facetious here but they’ve sucked for so long, what’s another season? letting go of ingram in his third year, a season where he’s worked the hardest in his career, is going to be a crucial mistake in terms of timing. the lakers s can potentially have both leonard and ingram if they play their cards right...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    and i don't think the lakers is KL’s preferred team if im being honest here. seems like a bargaining tactic since uncle knows the spurs would never, ever trade him to that franchise. nothing in leonards personality screams “lakers”. he hates the spotlight and he’d be the worst fit, in terms of personality and if they simply want $, SAS is the only team that can offer him a Supermax, the Lakers and “i just want to be home” angle just never seemed authentic to me.

i think after their situation with the franchise turned sour, his uncle’s plan all along was to send him east.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if he really wants to sign there anyway they don't have to trade for him. But- if they're trying to put together s super team with Lebron time is important because he will be 36 in two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ok

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bron wont consider LA until they have a star in place. Hes not going to LA to babysit. Therefore, the Spurs waiting it out until Bron is forced to stay in CLE is extremely smart.

1) They dont want to help create a Super Team in LA. If they just wait it out, they can destroy that possibility.

2) The Lakers will get more desperate after they whiff on Bron/PG.

At the very worst, they want Kawhi to suffer by himself in LA with no star help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and i don't think the lakers is KL’s preferred team if im being honest here. seems like a bargaining tactic since uncle knows the spurs would never, ever trade him to that franchise. nothing in leonards personality screams “lakers”. he hates the spotlight and he’d be the worst fit, in terms of personality and if they simply want $, SAS is the only team that can offer him a Supermax, the Lakers and “i just want to be home” angle just never seemed authentic to me.

i think after their situation with the franchise turned sour, his uncle’s plan all along was to send him east.
    I think Leonard would love to play at home for a team where LBJ absorbs all the leadership responsibility and media scrutiny, and Leonard can just ball and stay mute. His group knows there is no way the Spurs willingly would trade him to the Lakers, much less to help form a super-team. That’s why he faked the injury, sat out the year, and torpedoed the relationship — to back them into a corner and force their hand. All this drama was just a ruse.

And this nonsense about not caring about money — BS. Whatever he might lose between the supermax in SA and an extension in LA would more than be made up on the shoe contract in the #2 market on a super-team.

But there is a narrow time window to make it happen, thus the desperate and palpable media frustration that the Spurs smelled the rat. If LBJ goes to LA, they aren’t going to wait a year for Kawhi; they’ll acquire another piece instead.

Once that happens, Kawhi’s camp will “graciously” “accommodate” the Spurs’ desire to send him East and signal his willingness to extend in PHI or BOS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, if Kawhi didn't care about money then why didn't he sign the Nike shoe deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if he really wants to sign there anyway they don't have to trade for him. But- if they're trying to put together s super team with Lebron time is important because he will be 36 in two years.
    Plus they run the risk that Spurs trade him to another team and he’s content there a la Paul George who appears to be settled in OKC.

I personally think Leonard has significant mental issues and wants/needs to be in LA along with the fact he’s easily manipulated. It’s not that he wants to be in LA, it’s the way he’s gone about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Leonard would love to play at home for a team where LBJ absorbs all the leadership responsibility and media scrutiny, and Leonard can just ball and stay mute. His group knows there is no way the Spurs willingly would trade him to the Lakers, much less to help form a super-team. That’s why he faked the injury, sat out the year, and torpedoed the relationship — to back them into a corner and force their hand. All this drama was just a ruse.

And this nonsense about not caring about money — BS. Whatever he might lose between the supermax in SA and an extension in LA would more than be made up on the shoe contract in the #2 market on a super-team.

But there is a narrow time window to make it happen, thus the desperate and palpable media frustration that the Spurs smelled the rat. If LBJ goes to LA, they aren’t going to wait a year for Kawhi; they’ll acquire another piece instead.

Once that happens, Kawhi’s camp will “graciously” “accommodate” the Spurs’ desire to send him East and signal his willingness to extend in PHI or BOS.
    And at that point we make sure he ends up in Atlanta or Chicago

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buford saying to exhaust all option to keep Kawhi would probably drag this Kawnightmare until Feb trade deadline.

Although Buford and Pop would definitely don't want to be involved in any part of creating a super team (for Lakers), I am afraid it still may lead to it...because:

By Feb trade deadline. Assuming Lakers had signed both PG13 and Lebron and lesser and lesser team (other than Lakers) is willing to offer any trade asset because they know it will be a rental for 2019 playoff as Kawhi had already stated clearly and scared off the 28 teams other than Lakers. So, at that point, Lakers would be the only team making the offer and hence leverage is on their side.

So it may come down to the ultimate decision:

1) Trade kawhi to Lakers and get back some young players. (This would mean Buford and Pop helped in creating the superteam)

2) Let Kawhi played his final season with the Spurs until end of 2019 playoffs. And in the 2019 off-season, Kawhi sign with Lakers (assuming a pay-cut? since PG13 and Lebron ate up the cap space) and hence this also created the superteam.

Either way, it would definitely be awkward between Kawhi and all the Spurs in training camp. Who know what happens? Maybe Kawhi would come out with another 'injury' and not play for the Spurs due to the awkwardness and distrusting knowing that all these camaraderie is only for 1 final season.

The whole situation is really bad for both Spurs and Kawhi and is bizarre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus they run the risk that Spurs trade him to another team and he’s content there a la Paul George who appears to be settled in OKC.

I personally think Leonard has significant mental issues and wants/needs to be in LA along with the fact he’s easily manipulated. It’s not that he wants to be in LA, it’s the way he’s gone about it.
    George is mulling over a LeBron-style 1+1. I think that’s a backup plan, frankly. With Kawhi-to-LA kaput, the next option would be for LA to recruit a different third piece to go with him and LBJ. If all else fails, punt, stay in OKC another year, and see what LA can work out in 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2) Let Kawhi played his final season with the Spurs until end of 2019 playoffs. And in the 2019 off-season, Kawhi sign with Lakers (assuming a pay-cut? since PG13 and Lebron ate up the cap space) and hence this also created the superteam.
    If Kawhi wants to pass up a $179 million extension following a trade in favor of a $99 million deal with the Lakers, more power to him. The chances he’ll actually do that are close to nil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea because Pop and the team want to be constantly asked why Kawhi is sitting. The Spurs try to avoid media attention, not invite it.
    Were the Lakers constantly asked about Deng?

All you have to say is that Leonard is not part of your immediate plans and is sitting in favor of the young players while a suitable trade for both sides is worked out. Except you dont actually have to be working on a trade.

Again I say, sit his ass. Then trade him at the deadline to the least desirable place you can to a team that's in a playoff hunt, knowing when he leaves he's costing himself millions more.

Win. Profit.

Thread Information