Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald does not know what he is talking about, Park.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and writers at pound the rock were the ones arguing with me this morning.

I'll lay my opinions basis from Bruno's observations. If Bruno says he's got good PG skills I believe Bruno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    translation:

Basket Info ‏@Basketlnfo

Tony Parker et Nando De Colo (tests physiques chez les Spurs) de retour en France vendredi, Nicolas Batum attendu en fin de semaine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    translation:

Basket Info ‏@Basketlnfo

Tony Parker et Nando De Colo (tests physiques chez les Spurs) de retour en France vendredi, Nicolas Batum attendu en fin de semaine
    De Colo in SA to pass his physical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should do a thread in the Spurs forum about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cool, that is what I thought it said, just making sure it wasn't just talking about Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A video interview in French of Nando:
    http://video.lequipe.fr/video/basket...g=3dfc0b39fc2s

There isn't a lot to take from it except that he will join SA early next week. He is just waiting to get his visa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando De Colo ‏@NandoDeColo

Dans l'avion pour San Antonio ! ;-)

--

On the plane to San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1ère pe e séance de shoot à San Antiono... et avec 2 rebondeurs SVP ;-) First shooting practice in San Antonio !!! http://fb.me/1WtI4CbNw

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be interesting to watch De Colo develop. He's a really intriguing player from a skill set standpoint. If he can make it work at the NBA level he could wind up a valuable player off the bench. I don't expect him to be an elite player, but I think there is potential for him to be a 20-25 MPG guy if he is able to elevate his game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like someone is using the panorama mode on the iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me it's gonna be interesting to find out if Nando plays the point or the 2 in the NBA.

Bruno said he will play as a PG and i trust him, but from what I've watched in the Olympics he looked more like a SG with good passing skills, just like Manu.

Either way, I am excited to see him play as a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo made an interview for a French basketball magazine few days ago. A quick translation of the part about Spurs:

Do you have the feeling to go to the most comfortable franchise for an European player?

Exactly, I do. My choice to sign with them, even if it was too dependent on Spurs choice, has been mainly driven by that. They are a professional franchise that has followed me these last 3 years. They know what I can do and they know how to use me. They have a game that can fit me well. It's up to me to work hard and earn my spot.

It's even more true that there are a lot of compe ion both at PG and SG. Are you worried about that?
    There are, of course, experienced players that are still in place with the team. However, I think that if Spurs have signed me, it's to do something. Up to me to work hard, earn my spot and fit well with the team. They are too a team, that, during the whole season, use theirs depth to start the playoffs fresh. Since they are a team with the championship as a goal, everybody need to be there at a point of the season. It will be then up to me to catch this opportunity. I don't really know how it will happen. For the moment, I haven't played in NBA and I'm even not in the USA. I'm too coming from three years played at a high level. I will obviously come as a rookie but as an experienced one.

Have you been in touch with Pop and some of your new teammates, like, for example, during the Olympics?
    I have very briefly with Pop. Before the Olympics, he has called Tony and Tony has given me his phone. I go to San Antonio two weeks before the rest of the team, it will be the time to talk with the whole staff. I have just see some players like Tiago Splitter with who I played few months in Valencia. Manu Ginobili also told me "welcome to the family". They are down to earth people. I think I will like being there.

What do you know about what Spurs are waiting from you?
    I had the opportunity to talk with Bret Brown about that. He told me that they knew how to use me. The most important is to know how I can fit with Spurs game. The starting point would be to be more a SG/PG. It will depend with who I'm on the court. It's something that will be solved in SA with the other players like it did in Valencia during these past three years.

On what aspects will you focus to adapt your game to the NBA?

The priority is to learn well Spurs playbook. Even if they have an European style, they are still anchored in the American game. After that, it will depend on little details on which the Americans work and where I will need to be more focused on. It will be up to the staff to teach me that.

And a lot of physical training too?
    Yes, it's important but like when I was in Valencia. It's not because I will gain 20 pounds that I will be stronger. The most important is to be well prepared physically to avoid injuries and resist at the impacts. That's the most important. Aside of that, I will have a lot of technical work to do. I will keep working hard. To be with a team where there are a lot of great players will allow me to improve myself.

What do you think about the unchanged Spurs roster?
    It's a nice roster. We saw it last year until the conference final. Behind them, the coach (Tony or Boris told it to me) knows how to manage his team. The staff is good. I'm really happy to join them and I hope being able to bring something positive to them.

Have you still arranged the logistic part for your arriving to SA?
    I have a contact that helps me to find a house. Toy has offered me to stay at his guest house. I think I will do that the time to find a house.

Tony is the host for French players!
    Exactly! He has a lot of space in his house!

It should be OK to get accustomed to the Texas?
    Yes, it should. The weather is hot. It speaks some Spanish. It should be fine!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he is going to put on 20 pounds? Hopefully he does it right to gain right combo of speed and strength.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he is going to put on 20 pounds?
    Nope, what he said isn't very clear, even in the original french version, but I think he meant that he isn't looking at adding weight because it won't make him automatically a better player. The main goal for him of a good physical training is that it reduces injuries risks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, what he said isn't very clear, even in the original french version, but I think he meant that he isn't looking at adding weight because it won't make him automatically a better player. The main goal for him of a good physical training is that it reduces injuries risks.
    ah ok, because on one of those video blogs during the olympics, Nando looked in good shape. He can definitely create some match up problems with his size, against some of the smaller PGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando was on the TP Show:

Some of the transcripts, need translation:

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/303...rte-des-spurs/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is basically saying the same things than in the interview I've translated a couple of days ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SS&E Community ‏@SSE_Community

@spurs Nando de Colo surprised Brackenridge High School with the news that they are Team Up semifinalists!! http://pic.twitter.com/gioPncPa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando posted this article about him:

http://basketeria.com.br/pt/entrevis...-qualquer.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Choix du numéro aux Spurs :
    Je voulais choisir le 87 par rapport à mon année de naissance mais c'est un trop gros numéro pour l'équipe car ils préfèrent en dessous de 50 ! J'ai pensé au 12 évidemment mais il est retiré (Bruce Bowen) donc j'ai décidé de suivre la logique qui m'avait fait prendre le 22 à Valencia (je suis arrivé à 22 ans à Valencia et à 25 aux Spurs)
    Et le 25 me convient bien ;-)
    --

Choice of the Spurs number:
    I wanted to choose the 87 over my year of birth, but it is too big a number for the team because they prefer below 50! I thought at 12 but obviously it is removed (Bruce Bowen) so I decided to follow the logic that made me take 22 to Valencia (I got to 22 years and 25 to Valencia Spurs)
    And 25 suits me;-)
    Last edited by ace3g; 10-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando gave a little interview for his local newspaper a couple of days ago. The biggest part is about his new life in SA. I'm' not sure if you are interested in that but since I've the time to do it, a quick translation:
    http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/na...a4046b0n733510

About his first steps with Spurs:
    I've been able to meet everybody before the start of the training camp. In NBA, the rule is that coaches can watch but can't intervene before October 1st. The particle facility is open for individual training, shooting sessions, games between Spur players and even with other players. Boris explained me everything when he arrived to SA early last week so it was more clear. When you are playing with one of the best big inn the US (Tim Duncan) and one of the best to have played in Europe (Tiago Splitter), you said to yourself that you are in a new world that is a level higher. That's impressing. I didn't really know the American players but there are Tony, Boris, Tiago with who I've played a couple of months during the lockout and Manu Ginobili that I've met in the Olympics. It went well. They are seeing me as a part of the team, nothing outstanding or dramatic. It went smoothly.

A new world:
    Even if you are ready for this, when you are there and when everything happens as expected, one realizes it's totally different. The practice facility, with two courts, is open 24hours a day and 7 days a week only for us. When I've left Cholet for Valencia, I've found that 3 physios and 2 assistant coaches was a lot. Here, It's twice more. There are people everywhere, people to take rebounds during a shooting session. You have really the time to work individually while in Europe, it's more focused on the collective game. There are huge facilities here. Everything is made to have players feeling well in the locker room, on and off the court. When you come to the practice facility, You can take your breakfast and eat after the practice. In the locker room, everything is ready. It's true too in Europe but, here, they ask me for my shoe size and I've got snickers immediately because they have ones in stock. It's the first time I go to the practice without a bag. These are a lot of little details that allow you to only be focus on the basketball and that's why I'm really happy to be there.

A new life:
    In Europe, everything is in your contract: the car and the house. Here, you have to find them but SA is a special team where everybody is here to help you when you arrive. I have too an agent in SA that works with my agent and me to ease that task. Tony and Boris also introduce me to a real estate broker. I've found a house not to far from the practice facility and I'm waiting for the confirmation. For the moment, Tony has offered me to come at his guest house. He send his bodyguard, Steve, to pick me at the airport. Boris is there too. With my girlfriend, Vero, we try to be very quiet. The life here is quite nice. SA is very big, a town horizontally spread. Roads are big and cars are huge. There are 3,4,5 lanes road in the middle of the town. People are nice, they are closely following Spurs and some of the them recognize me.

His role with Spurs:
    To be in the NBA isn't an end. I've still a lot to do to have a spot with the team and an important spot. Until now, the coach has mostly asked me if everything was OK. I have no idea what role I could have because it's a so deep roster with very versatile players. We will see during the camp what they are waiting from me and it will be up to me to work according to that.

The training camp:
    With the first meeting, you realize that the serious business is starting. When the coach said "we have the same roster than last year with a new player", here it goes, this new player is you... You arrive and you have to prove your value. I'm not impressed but I'm happy to be with a team that is so professional and with talented players. It will allow me to work hard. We have had too the media day on the practice court. I've started with an interview in French followed by 2.3 in Spanish and 2,3 in English. Picture of us were taken and some videos for the jumbotron. That's professional. It's really something else.

-------------------------

Nando will too do a monthly chronicle for a video blog about his NBA life. It could be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the translation

The life here is quite nice. SA is very big, a town horizontally spread. Roads are big and cars are huge. There are 3,4,5 lanes road in the middle of the town. People are nice, they are closely following Spurs and some of the them recognize me.
    That's pretty much San Antonio in a nuts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In just 14 minutes and 36 seconds of his first preseason game with the Spurs, rookie guard Nando De Colo established himself as a fan favorite Saturday with some of the slickest passing seen at the AT&T Center since Manu Ginobili’s rookie season 10 years ago. He also impressed some teammates. According to Stephen Jackson, De Colo is reminiscent of another fan favorite. “Nando,” Jackson said, “is another Manu Ginobili.”

Looking forward to see how Nando integrates with the club. Should be good!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen this guy play a lot of times, I can say there are only a few players in the world that can hit the lights out like him when he's in the mood, however most of the time he misses open shots and turnovers at a sick rate. He's defence isn't terrible and he can still improve, but isn't a big upgrade compared to Neal's and not even close to Green's. Bottom line is, he's very unreliable and will most likely be another choker in the play off since he wont have the time to get hot or whatever.. Bad investment imho, considering he'll sure get playing time at the 2 (not an option at 1).

Thread Information