Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The map is charting private sale transactions which are minuscule compared to all other transactions which require an ID. I doubt boutons even realizes this.
    I doubt boutons realizes very many facts at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so private sales/gun show loophole sales are minuscule?

got any numbers? oh, so sorry, has NRA blocked gun sales statistics?

how about how many criminals, ex-felons, straw buyers, gang members get their guns from private sales/gun show loophole sales?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so private sales/gun show loophole sales are minuscule?

got any numbers? oh, so sorry, has NRA blocked gun sales statistics?

how about how many criminals, ex-felons, straw buyers, gang members get their guns from private sales/gun show loophole sales?
    Yes they are minuscule and yes the numbers are out there. This one already blew up in Obama's face when he lied about the #'s sold through these loopholes. Ask Th'Puther.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida Man Cites ‘Bush Doctrine’ As Justification For Pre-Emptive Killing At Barbecue

William T. Woodward is facing murder charges for the alleged shooting of three people on Labor Day, two of whom have now died. In his defense, his lawyer is not only making a novel legal argument that Florida’s Stand Your Ground law applies, saying he was protecting himself against “imminent death” because of an ongoing dispute between him and the men he shot.

He also invoked the “Bush Doctrine,” the foreign policy Bush used to justify aggressive military intervention, to argue that pre-emptive attack can be a form of self-defense, Florida Today reports.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ling-barbecue/

ing gun fellators, what a bunch murderous assholes!

and lawyer s will pull any trick for $$

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toddler shot to death in Yellowstone was killed by father's pistol

The first child to die from gunfire in Yellowstone National Park in three-quarters of a century was a 3-year-old girl killed over the weekend by a bullet shot from her father's handgun at a popular lakeside campsite, park officials said on Sunday.

Little information was released by authorities about the toddler's death since her mother called emergency dispatchers on Saturday to report that her daughter had shot herself at the Grant Village campground on the shores of Yellowstone Lake.

Emergency personnel were unable to resuscitate the child, whose name was being withheld until Monday at the request of the family, who are from Idaho, park spokesman Al Nash said.

The death comes three years after enactment of a federal law that lifted a decades-old ban on the possession of firearms by visitors to most national parks, including Yellowstone.

It marks the first fatal shooting in Yellowstone since 1978, and the first shooting death of a child in the park since 1938, when the 13-year-old son of the park's master mechanic accidentally shot himself in the head with a rifle, Nash said.

A portion of the forested campsite where the shooting occurred remained cordoned off on Sunday as Yellowstone rangers and special agents with the National Park Service continued their investigation of an incident that Nash described as "the kind of thing that isn't supposed to happen here."

Park officials revealed the girl's age on Sunday and said the weapon was a pistol that belonged to her father.

Authorities have declined to say whether investigators believe the shooting was accidental or deliberate.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...e=domesticNews

more guns = more gun violence, more gun deaths

who was papa bubba gun fellator plannng to shoot in a National Park?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Largest Gun Study Ever: More Guns, More Murder

The largest study of gun violence in the United States, released Thursday afternoon, confirms a point that should be obvious: widespread American gun ownership is fueling America’s gun violence epidemic.

The study, by Professor Michael Siegel at Boston University and two coauthors, has been peer-reviewed and is forthcoming in the American Journal of Public Health. Siegel and his colleagues compiled data on firearm homicides from all 50 states from 1981-2010, the longest stretch of time ever studied in this fashion, and set about seeing whether they could find any relationship between changes in gun ownership and murder using guns over time.

Since we know that violent crime rates overall declined during that period of time, the authors used something called “fixed effect regression” to account for any national trend other than changes in gun ownership. They also employed the largest-ever number of statistical controls for other variables in this kind of gun study: “age, gender, race/ethnicity, urbanization, poverty, unemployment, income, education, income inequality, divorce rate, alcohol use, violent crime rate, nonviolent crime rate, hate crime rate, number of hunting licenses, age-adjusted nonfirearm homicide rate, incarceration rate,and suicide rate” were all accounted for.

No good data on national rates of gun ownership exist (partly because of the NRA’s stranglehold on Congress), so the authors used the percentage of suicides that involve a firearm (FS/S) as a proxy. The theory, backed up by a wealth of data, is that the more guns there are any in any one place, the higher the percentage of people who commit suicide with guns as opposed to other mechanisms will be.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...y-guns-murder/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tampa boy recovering after accidental shooting

A 9-year-old Tampa boy is recovering in the hospital after what police are calling an accidental shooting.

Police say the boy was shot in the arm as he and two other boys played with a gun on Friday. The victim was in stable condition in the hospital on Saturday.

http://m.miamiherald.com/mh/db_42936...tguid=PQ8Myqvh

dead, injured kids are simply COLLATERAL DAMAGE of the less marans' adoration of the 2nd Amendment

NRA: "Guns don't kill children. Children kill children"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you're not getting the guns commie, they're guaranteed under the cons ution. are you american yes or no?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're not getting the guns commie, they're guaranteed under the cons ution. are you american yes or no?
    typical gun fellatin bubba straw man. "They're coming for our guns?"

and if I don't blindly adore the 2nd Amendment, I'm not American?

in cretins, every one of ya.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Largest Gun Study Ever: More Guns, More Murder

The largest study of gun violence in the United States, released Thursday afternoon, confirms a point that should be obvious: widespread American gun ownership is fueling America’s gun violence epidemic.

The study, by Professor Michael Siegel at Boston University and two coauthors, has been peer-reviewed and is forthcoming in the American Journal of Public Health. Siegel and his colleagues compiled data on firearm homicides from all 50 states from 1981-2010, the longest stretch of time ever studied in this fashion, and set about seeing whether they could find any relationship between changes in gun ownership and murder using guns over time.

Since we know that violent crime rates overall declined during that period of time, the authors used something called “fixed effect regression” to account for any national trend other than changes in gun ownership. They also employed the largest-ever number of statistical controls for other variables in this kind of gun study: “age, gender, race/ethnicity, urbanization, poverty, unemployment, income, education, income inequality, divorce rate, alcohol use, violent crime rate, nonviolent crime rate, hate crime rate, number of hunting licenses, age-adjusted nonfirearm homicide rate, incarceration rate,and suicide rate” were all accounted for.

No good data on national rates of gun ownership exist (partly because of the NRA’s stranglehold on Congress), so the authors used the percentage of suicides that involve a firearm (FS/S) as a proxy. The theory, backed up by a wealth of data, is that the more guns there are any in any one place, the higher the percentage of people who commit suicide with guns as opposed to other mechanisms will be.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...y-guns-murder/

Do you even read the bull you post?

"Of course, the authors don’t find that rates of gun ownership explain all of America’s gun violence epidemic: race, economic inequality and generally violent areas all contribute to an area’s propensity for gun deaths, suggesting that broader social inequality, not gun ownership alone, contributes to the gun violence epidemic"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "propensity for gun deaths"

there wouldn't be (so many) gun deaths if gun indu$try shills/dupes like you hadn't flooded the country with 300M+ guns, available everywhere to anybody, and effectively UNregulated.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    typical gun fellatin bubba straw man. "They're coming for our guns?"

and if I don't blindly adore the 2nd Amendment, I'm not American?

in cretins, every one of ya.
    the 2nd amendment is part of america, part of our cons ution. you can't be an american and not support the bill of rights, you have to pick a lane and stay in it. those 10 rights aren't granted or given by the state, they are natural born rights meaning the state has no business infringing upon them nor do they need to be granted by the state.

when the dust settles and the 2nd american revolutionary war is complete and the arrest of antiamerican elements begins, i'm going to personally make sure you don't fall through the cracks by reporting you to the war crimes commission.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 2nd amendment is part of america, part of our cons ution. you can't be an american and not support the bill of rights, you have to pick a lane and stay in it. those 10 rights aren't granted or given by the state, they are natural born rights meaning the state has no business infringing upon them nor do they need to be granted by the state.

when the dust settles and the 2nd american revolutionary war is complete and the arrest of antiamerican elements begins, i'm going to personally make sure you don't fall through the cracks by reporting you to the war crimes commission.
    ... more proof you're ignorant, a cretin, typical gun fellator.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i may be all of that but i'm also an american and you won't infringe upon the bill of rights on our watch. keep on jerkin' that little and dreaming, that's about as far as you'll get. a wise man once said don't bring a dildo to a gun fight, and that's the exact mistake that you lib s are making. remember the penalty for treason is death.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    double post

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i may be all of that but i'm also an american and you won't infringe upon the bill of rights on our watch. keep on jerkin' that little and dreaming, that's about as far as you'll get. a wise man once said don't bring a dildo to a gun fight, and that's the exact mistake that you lib s are making. remember the penalty for treason is death.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    more proof you have nothing to say and shrivel up when faced with the truth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more proof you have nothing to say and shrivel up when faced with the truth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    asshole fun fellators' idea of "look at my big " fun

Police Halt Two Men With Assault Rifles Outside Farmers Market — Now The Men Might Sue

Earlier this month, two men decided to wander into a crowded farmers market in Appleton, Wisconsin each with an AR-15 assault rifle strapped across their back. They did not make it to the market. After several residents called 911, expressing concerns about the two gun-toting men. Police briefly detained the men, with at least one officer drawing his weapon after they determined that the assault rifles were real. The men were briefly handcuffed and detained but were eventually released without citations.

Although open carry is legal in Wisconsin, police say they stopped the men to prevent a panic — “walking into a farmers market filled with a couple thousand individuals would be a recipe for disaster.” Yet the a county attorney told the Appleton Post-Crescent that the men could not be charged because “they had not made it to the farmers market” at the point when they were stopped and the men are reportedly considering a lawsuit against the police. In video of the men’s encounter with the police, one of the men tells an officer that they are carrying a highly visible pair of assault rifles into a crowded public market for “self defense.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...arket-men-sue/

puerile, cretinous assholes building the GUN FELLATOR brand.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    He's a Castro wannabe.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    asshole fun fellators' idea of "look at my big " fun

Police Halt Two Men With Assault Rifles Outside Farmers Market — Now The Men Might Sue

Earlier this month, two men decided to wander into a crowded farmers market in Appleton, Wisconsin each with an AR-15 assault rifle strapped across their back. They did not make it to the market. After several residents called 911, expressing concerns about the two gun-toting men. Police briefly detained the men, with at least one officer drawing his weapon after they determined that the assault rifles were real. The men were briefly handcuffed and detained but were eventually released without citations.

Although open carry is legal in Wisconsin, police say they stopped the men to prevent a panic — “walking into a farmers market filled with a couple thousand individuals would be a recipe for disaster.” Yet the a county attorney told the Appleton Post-Crescent that the men could not be charged because “they had not made it to the farmers market” at the point when they were stopped and the men are reportedly considering a lawsuit against the police. In video of the men’s encounter with the police, one of the men tells an officer that they are carrying a highly visible pair of assault rifles into a crowded public market for “self defense.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...arket-men-sue/

puerile, cretinous assholes building the GUN FELLATOR brand.

I hope they sue the out of the police department.

If people can't keep from wetting their panties, they should stay home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Two concealed carry permit holders shoot and kill each other in Michigan

Two drivers are dead after a road rage incident escalated into a shootout. The incident happened around 6:45p.m. Wednesday on M-66 near Steele Street.Witnesses tell WZZM 13 a one driver was following another driver too closely. The first driver pulled into a car wash parking lot and the other driver followed them into the parking lot.
    Witnesses say the driver of the following car fired shots, and the first driver returned fire. Both drivers were shot and killed. Authorities say both men, ages 43 and 56, had licenses to carry concealed weapons.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...?detail=email#

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah. That's hilarious.

Thread Information