Page 195 of 238 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 5940
    Post Count
    Cedric and Shiro are going to be lethal in the Texas defense next year. Add to that Dez Jackson and Malcolm Brown and Texas will have one of the best front 4 in college football.
    Is Shiro going to play DE or LB.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cedric and Shiro are going to be lethal in the Texas defense next year. Add to that Dez Jackson and Malcolm Brown and Texas will have one of the best front 4 in college football.
    I hope. Malcolm Brown needs some nutritional advice. It's pretty obvious this last group was not pushed. Reed stock, if he had any, had to be damaged after the Oregon game. I would
    think Jeffcoat probably rose.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Red apologizes...

He called Strong. Red wants to be able to hobnob with the in crowd. Cute.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Red wants to be able to hobnob with the in crowd.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know who reported it first, but Bob Shipley will be remaining on staff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from DT Michael Sawyers of Nashville, TN (Rivals):

"I feel like I could go there and compete for playing time. Everything about Texas would be great, the tradition, all that stuff. I think it's the kind of place you go to for an official visit and fall in love. I'm pretty sure they have a spot for me. Coach (Charlie) Strong is really still looking at the recruits they have and trying to make a decision. But I love Coach Strong and the coaches he's bringing with him from Louisville. I really like them when Louisville was recruiting me - I just didn't like what the school had to offer that much. But that staff was amazing."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I really like them when Louisville was recruiting me - I just didn't like what the school had to offer that much.
    It really makes you wonder if some other players that said no might start to feel the same way.

Pretty much confirms what some others have already said...if he can get recruits to come to a place like Louisville the gates should swing open wide at Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Poona Ford of Hilton Head Island, SC has de-committed from Louisiville.

He says he'll take official visits to Mizzou, Oregon and Texas.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    It really makes you wonder if some other players that said no might start to feel the same way.

Pretty much confirms what some others have already said...if he can get recruits to come to a place like Louisville the gates should swing open wide at Texas.
    three star recruits. texas is not about three star recruits. i'd actually phrase it as: if strong can't keep the blue chips from migrating away from texas (which should be able to recruit itself) then he took the wrong job.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not really sure why you even responded. What you said in your last sentence is basically what I said just in a different context.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods saying DT Poona Ford will be in Austin on the 21st, 24/7 saying the 17th.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Not really sure why you even responded. What you said in your last sentence is basically what I said just in a different context.
    i'll be less obtuse...it's not that impressive when one can get mostly three star recruits to go to louisville (which, granted, is a dump) so that is not indicative of strong's recruiting prowess. it is impressive when one can coach up three star players to the extent that he did.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    four star CB, nigel bethel, swapped his commitment from miami to texas tech

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting Texas and Jerry Gray have had "preliminary" talks about the open DB coaching position.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting Texas and Jerry Gray have had "preliminary" talks about the open DB coaching position.
    strong putting together a group of 'brothers'. i like that. seriously though, that would be a nice pick up. gray is probably gone as DC of the ans anyway as his contract expired.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That would be nice, although he's a bit overqualified for the position.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn't he already say no once iirc?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That would be nice, although he's a bit overqualified for the position.
    nothing like rebuilding a resume somewhere else. and he has strong ties to texas so if any move to college would make sense for gray this would be the one (other than a head coaching gig)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn't he already say no once iirc?
    He wanted the DC, but Mack offered Manny and threw Jerry a bone by giving him the DB position after Akina left. He was overqualified then, as Munchak gave him the DC job after he was hired by the ans. Jerry smartly took it and Akina came back.

/Kermit's take on the situation

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    QB Baker Mayfield discusses why he decided to leave Texas Tech:

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...baker-mayfield
    That sucks. He's gotten a raw deal.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    Hearing #OKState's great OL coach Joe Wickline is in the mix for #Texas staff. Would be a big coup for Strong to land him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to OrangeBloods, Jim Jeffcoat is in the mix for the open DL job. He is currently at Colorado.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to Jesus, Narduzzi is in the mix for DC? Lol. Does anyone actually pay for that ?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to Jesus, Narduzzi is in the mix for DC? Lol. Does anyone actually pay for that ?
    Nah, he said at least one head coaching candidate (before Strong was hired) was told by Patterson that he'd want him to take a look at Narduzzi and Morris as coordinators. It will be a shocker if Bedford isn't the defensive coordinator.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just to clarify, DT Poona Ford will be making his official on the 17th (next Friday).

Thread Information