Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not yet. If they do it right though, in about 3 years or so these are the type of “finishing touches” moves like like to see them make to build out the next decent spurs team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Jokic’s.

Can’t be scarred forever because of one instance.
    Jokic idolized Duncan and has on a few occasions referenced his respect for Duncan playing with one organization his entire career. He'll retire a Nugget like Timmy did as a Spur. You can pretty much book it if you take these guys statements at face value.

I think Porzingas is in a similar vein being European and not having roots to any one part of the US. Unlike neph who grew up near two NBA teams. Only issue with Porzingas is he might have gotten a taste of the big time being drafted by NY and getting the love he got there before his injury.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No quiero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KP has been very good this year but I am EXTREMELY weary of KP in a contract year. He has burned too many teams for me to trust him to put in the work and get better and try once he gets paid.

But he has been very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mistake… I thought he had another guaranteed year left then no I do not want him as a FA. That makes no sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mistake… I thought he had another guaranteed year left then no I do not want him as a FA. That makes no sense.
    If you are trying to win with a mixture of capable vets & rookies. We have to spend the money regardless ; what’s better than one unicorn? Two!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are trying to win with a mixture of capable vets & rookies. We have to spend the money regardless ; what’s better than one unicorn? Two!
    Not when one of them is making 3/$131M and has only played > 60 games twice in his career. Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when one of them is making 3/$131M and has only played > 60 games twice in his career. Hard pass.
    Agreed. This would be a noose around our necks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I guess it's a matter of rate... I'm not opposed to signing him, but I'm vehemently opposed at $131M over 3...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I guess it's a matter of rate... I'm not opposed to signing him, but I'm vehemently opposed at $131M over 3...
    He has a player option at 36mm for next year. If he opts out it’ll be for a longer term contract starting at a similar rate I suspect.

Porzingis is an example of a solid 3rd banana. Until we have 1 and 2 we shouldn’t be paying near max dollars for the third piece.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3/131? Who’s paying that? I could see a 4/120 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3/131? Who’s paying that? I could see a 4/120 though.
    He isn’t opting out for a pay cut. He’s going to get 35ish a year a year easily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn’t opting out for a pay cut. He’s going to get 35ish a year a year easily.
    Ummmmmm… ok. If you say so! Lol ( play with wemby, guaranteed financial security for three yrs minus state tax, well run organization etc…) there’s a few reason he might take a minor pay cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's quietly having a really good year, but his injury history combined with the fact that he'll want to be paid like a superstar (as opposed to a good player) makes it risky. I'll say this though-- he's foolish if he stays in Washington, even if they do offer a little more money. If he takes a slight pay cut and joins a good team like Philly, Miami, or Sacramento (what a strange feeling to write that Sacramento is actually good, but it's true!), he could make a difference.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KP for $30M/yr is as much as I'd go. I still think I'd pass if we got Wembanyama though...I don't see the fit. However, if we got Scoot, I'd really like that pairing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummmmmm… ok. If you say so! Lol ( play with wemby, guaranteed financial security for three yrs minus state tax, well run organization etc…) there’s a few reason he might take a minor pay cut.
    …..Insert clown emojii that only you can see

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's on a different timeline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    …..Insert clown emojii that only you can see
    ��������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ��������
    I decoded Miss Cleo’s emojiis guys… eggplants and squirts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love KP, he is my . And will always be. With that beeing said, i see gordon hayward with hornets if spurs sign him. I hope i'm wrong, and he turns it around and becomes a valuable peace in a contender. Because of his lenght and injury history, his time in NBA is limited, and he has to choose, what he wants to do, chase dollars or achive something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got. Him being interested in KP means it will backfire on us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a got. Him being interested in KP means it will backfire on us.
    Am I? Lol. Bro, stay in the shallow end…..the deep end isn’t for everyone. Control your inner broad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This man has 29.000 more post than me and I joined a year before him…… I hope we will hear soon that spurs talk said yes! Your bum ass need a companion ( and no not your “back page girlfriend” ). Have a good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This man has 29.000 more post than me and I joined a year before him…… I hope we will hear soon that spurs talk said yes! Your bum ass need a companion ( and no not your “back page girlfriend” ). Have a good one.
    Backpage hasn’t been around for 4-5 yrs bro!!

Thread Information