Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Kawhi didn't play a single minute in the 4th quarter which was the Spurs' worst quarter.

Tonight game was just a combo of Pop crazy rotations in the 2nd half and some guys underperforming.
    I think Kawhi teammates 1. Underestimated the Mavs especially how they won the last games against them, and 2. They thought they could just wait for Kawhi to take over. I’m sure Pops addressed the same just nastier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can We Agree on Anything?
    no

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Carlisle, Kerr, Rivers, and Donovan just have his number
    How does Kerr have anybody's number?

He has an absurd collection of talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was at the game. The only issue tonight was no one but Kawhi and Gay could hit anything. LMA had a nice line but he missed a lot of easy baskets. Mavs have literally no one on that team that can guard LMA and he came up empty too many times.

If a few 3s land in the 3rd quarter the Spurs would have blown open the game. Just a bad shooting night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Carlisle has been his daddy the past half decade. The Spurs only really crushed them in 2015-16 season; otherwise the past few years the games against Dallas have been way too close relative to the disparity in talent between the teams..Mavs even managed to sneak few of them when they were at their worst..

Pop needs to get his head out of his ass and start coaching again. He needs to in' figure out the Aldridge-Kawhi tandem once and for all. This team may not beat the Warriors, or the Rockets for that matter, but they should be better than what the current metrics show them to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His subs utions were bad. It’s like he didn’t take the game seriously. Guys who played in the first half didn’t play in the second. It affects their rhythm. Some guys played insufficient minutes to even really evaluate. What are you going to learn with 3 minutes of BP3 and 4 of Bertans? Nothing. Not enough for them to even take a shot.

Pop will be better off sticking to some guys one game and some others if he’s still evaluating and just giving them sufficient minutes bc playing 13 guys throws everyone off.

It just seems Pop stuck to his cards more than adjusting. I also think he waited too long to adjust since the guards couldn’t defend. He didn’t have an answer or adjustment until too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needed to lose so they don''t think they are invincible now that Kawhi is back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. pop is still elite. spurfan is just spoiled because they're used to the GOAT masking a lot of the teams flaws

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. pop is still elite. spurfan is just spoiled because they're used to the GOAT masking a lot of the teams flaws
    Pretty much this.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much longer will he keep this minutes restriction on HOTS? Fatty Mills is only good for two things. Eating and funding his girl's clothing line with the 50M he finessed from Drunkford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His subs utions were bad. What are you going to learn with 3 minutes of BP3 and 4 of Bertans? Nothing. Not enough for them to even take a shot.
    It's post like these that make it hard to take you and a lot of other posters on this board seriously.

You may not have been able to get anything from the 3 or 4 minutes these guys were on the court, but that doesn't mean Pop didn't. Sometimes guys are given an opportunity to earn more PT in a game and they don't cease it. Or maybe Kawhi got way more tired then he was expecting, so Pop had to buy a few minutes.

There are so many reasons for why guys only received a few minutes and we will never know the exact right answer, but acting like you are in the know b/c you can read a stat sheet is stupid.

Further, the rotation had nothing to do with the Spurs losing that game. The Spurs were up after half and had a chance to pull away. Unfortunately, the team could not hit a shot. If a couple of those 3s go down, no one is complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Carlisle has been his daddy the past half decade. The Spurs only really crushed them in 2015-16 season; otherwise the past few years the games against Dallas have been way too close relative to the disparity in talent between the teams..Mavs even managed to sneak few of them when they were at their worst..

Pop needs to get his head out of his ass and start coaching again. He needs to in' figure out the Aldridge-Kawhi tandem once and for all. This team may not beat the Warriors, or the Rockets for that matter, but they should be better than what the current metrics show them to be.
    It's one game. What the are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's post like these that make it hard to take you and a lot of other posters on this board seriously.

You may not have been able to get anything from the 3 or 4 minutes these guys were on the court, but that doesn't mean Pop didn't. Sometimes guys are given an opportunity to earn more PT in a game and they don't cease it. Or maybe Kawhi got way more tired then he was expecting, so Pop had to buy a few minutes.

There are so many reasons for why guys only received a few minutes and we will never know the exact right answer, but acting like you are in the know b/c you can read a stat sheet is stupid.

Further, the rotation had nothing to do with the Spurs losing that game. The Spurs were up after half and had a chance to pull away. Unfortunately, the team could not hit a shot. If a couple of those 3s go down, no one is complaining.
    It's one game. What the are you talking about?
    Game 28 out 82- roughly a 1/3 way through.
    Currently on pace for 55 to 56 wins
    Best player has played 15 minutes total.
    Several Starters still on minutes restriction Parker, Danny (groin), Kawhi.
    Pop always plays around with the lineup - before tightening the rotation.
    Shot like $%^& and lost a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s an opinion and an observation. I don’t care if you take me seriously or not. That’s up to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an opinion and an observation. I don’t care if you take me seriously or not. That’s up to you.

No. You are backpedaling now. You tried to post your opinion as fact and you got called out on it.

Just like you have been posting that JSimms has been bad on the season. May I ask how many minutes you have watched him play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree I felt the Spurs had the momentum in game 6 of that series until Pop went to the hack a Jordan. It disrupted the Spurs offensive flow and they never seemed to recover after it.
    I was at that game and was absolutely ing furious.

If Pop doesn't get all cute we win that game and who knows how the rest of the playoffs go. We could have been looking at #6 tbh. A damn shame

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at that game and was absolutely ing furious.

If Pop doesn't get all cute we win that game and who knows how the rest of the playoffs go. We could have been looking at #6 tbh. A damn shame
    I thought the Spurs were on the verge of pulling off a '95 Rockets type of run if they had won that series. Pop screwed up in game 6 for sure but I despised Doc more than Pop during that series. I always get angry when opposing coaches play the ref card when they lose to the Spurs like Doc did during that series. Anyways looking back its pretty frustrating when you think about what could have been had the Spurs won that series. There is high probability the Warriors are probably ringless and KD is not in Oakland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Spurs were on the verge of pulling off a '95 Rockets type of run if they had won that series. Pop screwed up in game 6 for sure but I despised Doc more than Pop during that series. I always get angry when opposing coaches play the ref card when they lose to the Spurs like Doc did during that series. Anyways looking back its pretty frustrating when you think about what could have been had the Spurs won that series. There is high probability the Warriors are probably ringless and KD is not in Oakland.
    Rockets more than likely finish them. Parker and Splitter were hanging by a thread physically and everyone not named Duncan, Leonard and Green, was spent in every sense of the word from deep runs the previous 3 seasons.

If not for injuries derailing Thunder and Cavaliers, one of them more than likely wins the championship in '15. Warriors were unsure of themselves and had stage fright. Believe it was Adande, who said they were celebrating in their locker room, when they found out Spurs lost to Pelicans and would be out of their bracket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. 19-8, minus your best player just doesn’t say ‘mailing it in’ to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets more than likely finish them. Parker and Splitter were hanging by a thread physically and everyone not named Duncan, Leonard and Green, was spent in every sense of the word from deep runs the previous 3 seasons.

If not for injuries derailing Thunder and Cavaliers, one of them more than likely wins the championship in '15. Warriors were unsure of themselves and had stage fright. Believe it was Adande, who said they were celebrating in their locker room, when they found out Spurs lost to Pelicans and would be out of their bracket.
    I think the Spurs would have had a good chance of beating the Rox. You can say I'm biased but I don't respect James Harden. Just like last year I believe he would have found a way to choke against the Spurs. Also Duncan knew how to frustrate and get inside of Dwight's head which was evident in '13.

The '15 Warriors were a lot like the '00 Lakers. Just like the '00 Lakers they had confidence issues throughout the playoffs and barely won. I believe in both cases had they not won the first championship both franchises don't win multiple championships. The Warriors especially don't have the confidence they have today had they not won in '15. They probably end up being like the '00 Dirk Mavs or '00 Nash-Amare suns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs would have had a good chance of beating the Rox. You can say I'm biased but I don't respect James Harden. Just like last year I believe he would have found a way to choke against the Spurs. Also Duncan knew how to frustrate and get inside of Dwight's head which was evident in '13.

The '15 Warriors were a lot like the '00 Lakers. Just like the '00 Lakers they had confidence issues throughout the playoffs and barely won. I believe in both cases had they not won the first championship both franchises don't win multiple championships. The Warriors especially don't have the confidence they have today had they not won in '15. They probably end up being like the '00 Dirk Mavs or '00 Nash-Amare suns.
    It wasn't even so much about Rockets (they just so happened to be the next opponent); I just don't think Spurs had the legs to go another round period. Pop said something along those lines after they were eliminated.

Too much talent, basketball IQ, chemistry and youth for me to believe Warriors don't find a way to win a championship either way . . . but I question how many they'd have won had Durant not signed. Eventually, every system offense meets its match and in comes down to having a physically imposing best player who can make something out of nothing (like Duncan getting Spurs over hump by scoring or getting to the line on 4 post ups when Thunder had them on the ropes in game 6 of '14 WCF). This is why small guard led teams almost never win championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a marathon....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't even so much about Rockets (they just so happened to be the next opponent); I just don't think Spurs had the legs to go another round period. Pop said something along those lines after they were eliminated.

Too much talent, basketball IQ, chemistry and youth for me to believe Warriors don't find a way to win a championship either way . . . but I question how many they'd have won had Durant not signed. Eventually, every system offense meets its match and in comes down to having a physically imposing best player who can make something out of nothing (like Duncan getting Spurs over hump by scoring or getting to the line on 4 post ups when Thunder had them on the ropes in game 6 of '14 WCF). This is why small guard led teams almost never win championships.
    I thought the Warriors were pretty much finished after '16 granted I felt they would have won that series against the Cavs had Draymond not gotten suspended. With that being said I felt the suspension destroyed the momentum they had in that series and once Lebron asserted himself along with Kyrie it was pretty much over for them. I thought Lebron and Kyrie exposed a lot of weaknesses that they had just like you said above they didn't have a player who could psychically impose his will when they desperately needed to get a bucket. Obviously Durant has now change the whole entire complexion of their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You are backpedaling now. You tried to post your opinion as fact and you got called out on it.

Just like you have been posting that JSimms has been bad on the season. May I ask how many minutes you have watched him play?
    Not backpedaling.
    Also Simmons sucks dude.
    Take it however you want it. Or don't take it.

Thread Information