Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Thanks T-Floss. Any visitors this weekend expected to commit on the spot?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks T-Floss. Any visitors this weekend expected to commit on the spot?
    No problem.

I'm not expecting any fireworks since Mack will probably do his usual thing of telling kids to go home and think things over. I know that Inside Texas has reported the past few weeks that Giles is working the recruitment of CB Darrion Johnson of Brenham pretty hard. I think OL Connor Mayes of Van Alstyne is a candidate for a commitment if he's offered, but I haven't seen any reports that Texas is in a rush to offer additional OLs right now. They signed a really good class in 2013 and it hurts Mayes' chances that he's an interior guy with Knox already in the mix and Cuney being a heavy Texas lean. They need true tackles. DE Jarrett Johnson of Katy Seven Lakes is a lesser-known guy that could jump at an offer if he shows up and the same goes for WR Willy Ivery of Sulphur Springs. I've seen him slotted for either date so we'll have to wait and see who all attends on Sunday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My guess is that Texas will do a lot of research of the DT's in state this year and it seems like DeShawn Washington and Zaycoven Henderson will be the top prospects, in state. But what is you guys opinion on Mychealon Thomas of Dallas Skyline? I came across his tape and left pretty impressed with his play. Do any of you guys have an opinion on him?
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 02-08-2013 at 03:38 PM.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    props to floss for best recruiting updates on internet, thanks bro!

"it's nice...."

Post Count
    props to floss for best recruiting updates on internet, thanks bro!

"it's nice...."

Agree..thx tfloss for all the info.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    My guess is that Texas will do a lot of research of the DT's in state this year and it seems like DeShawn Washington and Zaycoven Henderson will be the top prospects, in state. But what is you guys opinion on Mychealon Thomas of Dallas Skyline? I came across his tape and left pretty impressed with his play. Do any of you guys have an opinion on him?
    I think that this might be the best way to go since OOS is not working for Mack. One of the parts that disapointed me the most this year was the staff's inability to land players that they had connections within SEC country. The more time they spend at UT, the weaker their ties are with OOS kids. I understand the philosophy on keeping the in-state kids, but they have got to be able to cherry pick from other states (see tOSU, ou and even atm this year).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, LB Zach Whitley of Galena Park North Shore has been offered by Alabama. He's big on A&M right now but that's the offer he's always wanted.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 02-08-2013 at 11:42 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also some potentially great news from 24/7. ATH Nick Harvey (currently committed to A&M) may be in Austin this weekend for the first Junior Day. The best part about this news is he was the one who reached out to Texas. For those that don't know, Harvey has transferred from Lancaster to Fort Bend Bush and Larry Porter will be his area recruiter. Positive development for UT if they can get him in town.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 02-08-2013 at 11:43 PM.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Last time I'll mention DT A'Shawn Robinson on here, but I wanted to relay this story that I read on OrangeBloods this morning. Turns out Robinson already had his mind made up on Alabama before Bo Davis arrived for his in-home visit last Saturday morning. Texas was dead in the water but Robinson and his mother actually had the balls (or ignorance) to ask Davis for help on filling out his Alabama scholarship paperwork so he could have everything ready for National Signing Day. That's basically the last contact Texas had.
    Wow...I'll be actively rooting for this kids knee to explode

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Last time I'll mention DT A'Shawn Robinson on here, but I wanted to relay this story that I read on OrangeBloods this morning. Turns out Robinson already had his mind made up on Alabama before Bo Davis arrived for his in-home visit last Saturday morning. Texas was dead in the water but Robinson and his mother actually had the balls (or ignorance) to ask Davis for help on filling out his Alabama scholarship paperwork so he could have everything ready for National Signing Day. That's basically the last contact Texas had.
    in bird. on top of that he whined about UT leaking the info?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just in case anyone is wondering, the prospects with "NR" next to their name just means "not ranked." A lot of those guys should be ranked and will be later on in the year. "OOS" is all of the out-of-state prospects that Texas is looking at.
    I remember that this time last yr most of us didnt know who Deoundrei Davis and Daeshon Hall were. So there are a bunch of 4 stars in that group of visitors, we just dont know who they are right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I remember that this time last yr most of us didnt know who Deoundrei Davis and Daeshon Hall were. So there are a bunch of 4 stars in that group of visitors, we just dont know who they are right now.
    Another guy I like a lot is ATH Derrick Neal of Dallas Lincoln. I've seen confliciting reports about which Junior Day he'll attend, but I'd be down if he's an offer. He's #38 on the front page if anyone wants to check him out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    props to floss for best recruiting updates on internet, thanks bro
    Agree..thx tfloss for all the info.
    Not a problem.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Holy . I love to see the horns miserable, but that's unreal. I second symple's thoughts on this one. What an idiot

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    And yeah, thank you for all of the information and letting other fans post on here. Pretty sure we grew up in the same neighborhood too, Tfloss.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another name that may get to Austin tomorrow is LB Cordell Dorsey of Abilene Cooper (24/7):

http://247sports.com/Player/Cordell-Dorsey-14202

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pretty sure we grew up in the same neighborhood too, Tfloss.
    Really? PM me when you have time and let me know where you used to live.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Max Olson of ESPN has texted with Tony Brown, and Brown says he will definitely be in Austin tomorrow, sunday.

Great news!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Greg Miclisse of Bayside High School (Fl.) claims that Texas has offered, according to ESPN.

http://247sports.com/Player/Greg-Miclisse-24683
    http://www.hudl.com/athlete/912812/highlights/27439373

Not the most impressive offer list; Cincinnati, Louisville, Tennessee, Nebraska and Utah are probably his biggest offers. I really don't get this offer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two quick notes on prospects that we talked a little bit about yesterday...

-OL Connor Mayes of Van Alstyne is definitely coming in tomorrow. Because Texas signed a large OL class in 2013 and he's an interior guy, it's hard to tell what Texas' plans may be because Knox and Cuney also project inside. I can tell you that he's huge, moves really well for his size and he's pretty aggressive. The best part is he's a ginger. I would not mind if UT offered because I think he's legit and there's room. We shall see.

-Inside Texas thinks DE Jarrett Johnson of Katy Seven Lakes will be offered tomorrow and could possibly pull the trigger. He's been offered by Mizzou and Northwestern thus far, so UT would easily be his best offer to date. He supposedly grew up loving the Texas program so that's a bonus. I'm not sure how I feel about an offer to Johnson at this point, but this would definitely be a case of going after a guy because of his measurables and upside. More of an athlete than a football player at this point. LSU is trying to get him on campus next weekend.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 02-09-2013 at 06:57 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cam Hampton is commit #1 today at junior day according to Erik nahlin

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great pickup. Hopefully we hav a few more today

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I want Darrion Johnson one of fav players in the class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ed Paris made it to Austin today according to orangebloods.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nick Watkins couldn't make it, had a family emergency.
    Pruitt and Gardner will be coming in on the 23rd instead, hopefully watkins too.

Thread Information