Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lakers suck donkey balls JWest596's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was that genuinely concerned about their "hard earned money"...refund their ticket or offer a replacement pre-season ticket. Provide your own SASE?...gee thanks. They have the space judging by the small crowd instead of sending out I'm sure are leftover game day fan promotions lying around the office. It's not like the place was full of Sun or Spurs fans.

"Gee Bob thanks ever so much for the magnetic 2014 Suns schedule..I'll cherish it always. You really rock!
    "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The box score says that Tony Parker started and played 22 minutes:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400583978
    Pretty sure it was a jab at Parker's performance last night lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure it was a jab at Parker's performance last night lol
    Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpurFan mostly judging Sarver that since he is giving some kind of refund = he must be pissed at missing Spurs.

Could it be that he realizes the schedule is why they missed and at the same time is comping SunsFan who did pay decent jack to get a ticket.

Lighten up chest puffed SpurFan. Could be a genuinely nice gesture by rich owner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver is such a bozo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah Sarver has a history of being a little

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Defensive Spurs fan.

Sarver didnt bash the Spurs. He said he felt the fans didnt get what they paid for and gave them a gift to compensate. Its their (Spurs) decision to rest players etc but a lot of people (including Phoenix Spurs fans) were expecting to see something much different. Even if it was a pre-season game.

Kudos to Sarver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably still butthurt after all those years of watching his Nash / Amare led Suns losing to the Spurs in the playoffs.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Spur fan getting upset over nothing.

Sarver doing a nice thing for the people who make him money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Suns fans were expecting some kind of epic battle in the preseason with Duncan/Parker/Ginobili playing 38 minutes they're ing re ed. Kawhi has pink eye, Patty and Tiago have legit injuries, Manu is nursing his injury still, and Duncan is old as . The were they expecting from a team that rested it's stars on national TV against Miami?

lol preseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game's official attendance was 13,552, although many of those paid tickets were unused.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If Suns fans were expecting some kind of epic battle in the preseason with Duncan/Parker/Ginobili playing 38 minutes they're ing re ed. Kawhi has pink eye, Patty and Tiago have legit injuries, Manu is nursing his injury still, and Duncan is old as . The were they expecting from a team that rested it's stars on national TV against Miami?

lol preseason
    I don't think Suns fans complained about anything. I'm sure they were happy with their 31-point rout.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL pre-season game rage

LOL people paying hard earned money for pre-season game
    Exactly. In the fourth preseason NFL game, top guys rarely play and may not even dress. In spring training, half the time teams split their squad and play two games at once. Tickets for preseason games have a similar appeal as WNBA finals tickets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall the word "complaining" being in that post of mine at all tbh. My point is Sarver apologizing for the Spurs is re ed considering no one would expect some epic battle featuring the star players in the preseason. And the arena wasn't even close to being full so while it's nice that he wants to shed his greedy jew image from being a ty cheapskate owner for a very long time by giving away a 50 dollar gift card, he's still a tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Suns fans complained about anything. I'm sure they were happy with their 31-point rout.

Damn it's nice being a Spurs fan

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Sarver is as Sarver does...

It was a nice gesture to Suns fans and, without question, a very public dig at Pops and the Spurs org. If he wanted to, he easily could have kept this about the gesture, not made the grandstanding public announcement/comments.

But Chickenman never died. Now he's all sure again because his team is fun and entertaining. He wants the spectacle, and if the nightly spotlight couldn't be Suns defeating the Champion Spurs in a meaningless game, then he'd spotlight the blowout victory over a star-less, coach-less Spurs in a meaningless game by taking the "high road" and make damn sure everyone in Phoenix knew about it.

He's pandering to his cons uency with a public dig to rally attention for his cause.

For a stupid man, for a stupid thing, it was actually calculatingly, politically all business, and, in propping himself to look like George McFly landing a knockout blow to Biff, he paints himself a protector of the integrity of the game to his teams fans.

On the surface, for business, this is smart.

To the rest of the world he looks like a defeated Tom Hank's using his pistol to shoot the oncoming enemy tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan. I guess he supposes this Suns team is his Tank Buster air support who swoops in and saves the day, but I'm not convinced they're ready to "earn this" level of compe ive pressure yet.

So he mostly still just looks like a petty idiot, only one with a few more fans in the Phoenix area.
    Last edited by JMarkJohns; 10-17-2014 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver is as Sarver does...

It was a nice gesture to Suns fans and, without question, a very public dig at Pops and the Spurs org. If he wanted to, he easily could have kept this about the gesture, not made the grandstanding public announcement/comments.

But Chickenman never died. Now he's all sure again because his team is fun and entertaining. He wants the spectacle, and if the nightly spotlight couldn't be Suns defeating the Champion Spurs in a meaningless game, then he'd spotlight the blowout victory over a star-less, coach-less Spurs in a meaningless game by taking the "high road" and make damn sure everyone in Phoenix knew about it.

He's pandering to his cons uency with a public dig to rally attention for his cause.

For a stupid man, for a stupid thing, it was actually calculatingly, politically all business, and, in propping himself to look like George McFly landing a knockout blow to Biff, he paints himself a protector of the integrity of the game to his teams fans.

On the surface, for business, this is smart.

To the rest of the world he looks like a defeated Tom Hank's using his pistol to shoot the oncoming enemy tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan. I guess he supposed the Suns team is his air support who swoops in and saves the day, but I'm not convinced their ready to "earn this" level of compe ive pressure yet.

So he mostly still just looks like a petty idiot, only one with a few more fans in the Phoenix area.

Details about the compensation from the Arizona Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...purs/17401167/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God it must suck not having won a championship EVER lmao

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is what makes the announcement even more questionable they had a good win and I assume the fans had a decent enough time for it being a preseason game. So what is he apologizing for.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Which is what makes the announcement even more questionable they had a good win and I assume the fans had a decent enough time for it being a preseason game. So what is he apologizing for.
    Read my post.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JMJ with the thread ending goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, at least they have a fairly fun to watch team... Fredo would need to do this every game, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Details about the compensation from the Arizona Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...purs/17401167/
    Nothing about comp in the link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing about comp in the link.
    Yes there is.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the rest of the world he looks like a defeated Tom Hank's using his pistol to shoot the oncoming enemy tank at the end of Saving Private Ryan. I guess he supposes this Suns team is his Tank Buster air support who swoops in and saves the day, but I'm not convinced they're ready to "earn this" level of compe ive pressure yet.

Thread Information