Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are currently some posters downstairs bashing today's players because they aren't treating the dunk contest like it's game 7 of the Finals..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you judge them by the same rules then Thompson only had 30 points. I get what Gervin's saying. It's moot because the current NBA wants new 'record breakers.'

I would love to get my hands on a copy of that quarter from Ice to judge them head to head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey lol if it makes you feel better about taking the time for that ace Huffington Post blog content I immediately ignored under the assumption it was the equivalent of an old man fart, then sure I read absolutely every word Mr. angry living example of nostalgia bias. I wish you'd at least remember the millennial cliche of us having super short attention spans tho and not just selectively be the neighbor from Dennis the Menace, because if you actually think I read that then lmao. If you wanted millennial readers you needed to keep it tweet-length (TRITE MILLENNIAL BURN!!! turns out I can be you better than you, actually).
    then again for a guy with over THREE THOUSAND POSTS (lmFao) I doubt you really care if anyone's reading them anymore. you could actually be Bill Simmons IRL, in which case who cares if a DANG EN LED WHIPPERSNAPPER like me reads what you have to say anyway. I mean I don't really need to read it anyway, let me just summarize: "DANG X/Y THESE DAYS ISN'T ANYWHERE AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE!!!111".
    damn never heard THAT hot take before! Do you also have some totally profound thoughts on music these days? MILEY CYRUS JUSTIN BIEBER INSTAGRAM TWITTER MILLENIALS FART FART FART FART LEMME TELL YOU WHAT I THINK ABOUT HIP HOP THESE DAYS FART FART FART FART

do not go gentle into that good night

(p.s. do you smell like old people yet?)

(p.p.s. are you actually Lou Dobbs???)

(p.p.p.s. it's all love, person who will definitely be dead long before I am, I will keep your spirit alive by shouting at 18 year olds in 2045 and telling them basketball in 2014 was way way way better than this cybernetic pussified bull !!!!!)
    I get why you're angry at your parents for birthing you and making you do , but I can't figure out what you have against punctuation. Is your idiotic grammar in this forum your bad-ass way of rebelling against the English language or is it just your weak ass attempt at trolling adults who can buy beer?
    WAAAAH, GLOBAL WARMING...WAAAH..WAAAAH...CHECK OUT WHAT I BUILT IN MINECRAFT..WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH.. LIME GREEN, KNEE HIGH SOX !!! WAAAAH...WHAT'S A NEWSPAPER??....WAAAH...ITS NOT A PHONE, ITS A PHABLET...WAAAAAAH...YOLO ...WAAAAAH, ITS LIKE SKRILLEX AND LORDE UNDERSTAND ME...WAAAAH

(p.s Does anyone at school know you exist?)

(p.p.s Do you still skip the shower after gym class?)

(p.p.p.s yes -much love, young person who'll be a virgin long after I'm dead, please do keep my spirit alive when you yell at 14 year olds for correcting your ty grammar.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool.

Old guys v. Young guys cat fight.

Back in the day I ... v. You fked our world up, thanks
    You lazy ass kids always whining... v. I got no food, I got no job, my pets heads are falling off...

Carry on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool.

Old guys v. Young guys cat fight.

Back in the day I ... v. You fked our world up, thanks
    You lazy ass kids always whining... v. I got no food, I got no job, my pets heads are falling off...

Carry on.
    Lol, you defend George Gervin's point of view and all of the sudden ipods and emails are magical new creations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just have 2 records.....pre 3pt line and post 3pt line......solves everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question on my mind - is it harder to make 3's vs layups/midrange?
    I think it depends on the build of the shooter. Layups are obviously easier than either. But I think 3 pointers from the top are easier for most guards than short jumpers. Especially from the sides. Someone else can maybe talk about the mechanics. But seems that there is much less adjustment and control involved in shooting a three that mid range jumpers where one has to hold back more or less depending on the exact distance.

For a long body, I think maybe the short jumper is easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a point, tbh.

Also, this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a point, tbh.

Also, this.
    no...there's no way they need to have 2 different records for post and pre 3 point arc. It's too much. It's just for points in a quarter anyway. Just a portion of one game. And if you start there, then you end up 2 records for all kinds of . Career points scored. Then you have to deal with players that played in both eras. And then you have players from the old era complaining because maybe the distance on a large portion of their points was from beyond the arc and they would have had way more points. Then you move on to make different records for lengths of seasons or changes in defensive rules. So and so would have scored way more in the pre flop rule era. or whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what will happen when they ins ute the 4pt line in the near future?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what will happen when they ins ute the 4pt line in the near future?
    Antoine Walker will begin his epic comeback at age 45.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antoine Walker will begin his epic comeback at age 45.

"The El Paso Buffalos select Anthoine Walker Jr. Jr. for the #1 pick of the 2025 NBA Draft"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, exactly. I don't see why so many people are getting so emotional about this. Gervin doesn't seem mad, or bitter, or "salty" at all to me. He's pointing out a simple fact about the differences and-- if you read the whole article-- saying very complimentary things about Klay.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Who says Gervin doesn't go 0-5 from three if he tried to in that game? There's no need to point out the differences - everyone knows the 3 point line was introduced in 1979. It's never been a point to credit/discredit new records.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    salty tbh

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League averaged a 114 ppg back then as oppose to 100 now.

Iceman's team lost that game while he was going for the scoring record whereas Klay's changed the game completely over the Kings.

Klay's was more impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, you defend George Gervin's point of view and all of the sudden ipods and emails are magical new creations.
    I said no way Thompson can be compared to Gervin as a scorer and the record is interesting.
    If I fart in your general direction will you really lol?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said no way Thompson can be compared to Gervin as a scorer and the record is interesting.
    If I fart in your general direction will you really lol?
    I can see how you misunderstood my post. By "you" I was referring to me. I was called out as an old fart stuck in the past because I defended Ice's opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see how you misunderstood my post. By "you" I was referring to me. I was called out as an old fart stuck in the past because I defended Ice's opinion.
    Well then I owe you an apology.

I apologize.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I love the Iceman but I'm always not-down with old basketball players ing and moaning about contemporary trends and players (it's getting even ing worse with dudes from the 90s or dudes STILL in the league like Kobe, back in my day blahblahblahblah grit heart DANG THESE STATS!!!) and I'm not really changing that opinion because he happens to be a Spur. Retired players unable to play anymore, stuck in the past, just grasping at whatever they can in the present, often diminishing the achievements of contemporary players, whatever dude stop shouting at me to get off your lawn.
    This. Also, basketball seems to be the only sport where the majority of old players are this salty and bitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you never saw Gervin play, STFU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. David owns part of the team. But hey, by all means, he should stay the out of the building - him being a has-been and all.
    Talking about Stern, who's retired. Stay out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bunch of horse . Spoken like a true Millennial or young person who never watched the NBA when it wasn't watered-down like it is now. Yes, get the off the lawn. No one is laughing at Ice or considering him a petty hater for his comments - but you. Dude followed up his 20 pt first quarter with 33 in the second. He doesn't have to grab at straws for respect. He earned it with multiple scoring les, not some fluke game.

This isn't about glorifying one's heyday either. The difference in talent level between today's NBA and what it was in the past is significant. Haven't you learned anything from watching the Spurs? What good does athleticism do for you when you get intentionally fouled because you can't make a ing FT - Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan...? Nothing.

Many of today's players would cry like pussies if they played back in the day with the Lakers, Pistons and Celtics of the 80's. It was a much more physical game - no flopping, no flagrant fouls, no sympathy. I don't care how fast, agile or strong today's athletes are, if they didn't have the skills to go along with their athleticism, they wouldn't last on the court.

Basketball smarts and talent will always trump athleticism. You think a 6'9 Magic Johnson would get schooled nowadays? You think a guy like John Stockton would struggle against today's point guards? I don't remember him dunking very often but he's the all-time assist and steals leader.

SMH at youthful ignorance.
    I get all this and all, but still.. Klay broke his record. Doesn't make him better than Gervin, but still... he broke it.

Thread Information