Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I like Kobe a lot. My favorite athlete of all time. I never got too caught up in the Kobe>MJ. But I remember when he came onto the scene dudes were laughing he would never get close to Vince Carter, McGrady, or Iverson level. Look at certain posters here...they still think hes that level or just kinda good. Dude is a legend tbh. But its not his fault hes not 250 lbs of beast and 6'8. Lebron is truly a specimen. Reminds me of Shaq's dominant runs but on another level some times.
    he and shaq greatest specimens i ever seen David Robinson right behind them ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ironic how people are using the team accomplishment argument to say DK > Kang when Durant, who is clearly an inferior player to James just won his second ring over James precisely because he had a better team, clearly illustrating how winning les is a team accomplishment.
    sure it is but a great player has a huge impact on a team ...even more than a great coach and i respect coaching more than most here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure it is but a great player has a huge impact on a team ...even more than a great coach and i respect coaching more than most here
    That’s why he made nine finals. You think Cleveland will make the playoffs next year?

Now Durant leaves the warriors, you think they make the finals next year, barring injuries?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That’s why he made nine finals. You think Cleveland will make the playoffs next year?

Now Durant leaves the warriors, you think they make the finals next year, barring injuries?
    team success is part of the narrative not the whole story.
    For me great players lead a playoff run ... but to win it all you need a good to great cast depending on how great you are or your opponent is I get that.
    but even factoring all of that 3-6 is tough in the GOAT debate i can accept that over Mamba, duncan Bird etc cuz the numbers and what he has done with less even in a ty east has been amazing ...and before he broke his hand stupidly ...he may have been having the greatest playoff performance ever.

he is in my top 5 ...but to leap kareem and mj ..
    he needs at least two more I am sorry.

Even if he shocks world and chooses lakers i would feel the same. And i actually prefer lebrons playstyle (except when he plays slow ball) over Jordan/Achilles too ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-09-2018 at 10:43 AM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    ironic how people are using the team accomplishment argument to say DK > Kang when Durant, who is clearly an inferior player to James just won his second ring over James precisely because he had a better team, clearly illustrating how winning les is a team accomplishment.
    You have to put this stuff in context though. No one expected the Cavs to beat the Warriors and that's what makes it worse. I said before the series that Lebron had a "get out of jail free" card similar to 2015 and could play pressure-free. And somehow he still found a way to up in the final minutes of games that were winnable. This was a guy that was guarded down the stretch one on one by Curry, dribbles for 10+ seconds, passes the ball to Tristan Thompson covered by Draymond Green with 5 seconds left on the shot clock and says "bail me out Tristan, I can't score over this 6 foot hobbit eight feet from the rim". Then dude goes down on the other end with the season on the line and says "Rodney, I'm going to duck under this half-ass screen by the same hobbit I can't shoot over, you go take KD and stop him even though he's been torching us the whole game". No one is asking him to beat the Warriors but people are simply asking him to TRY. If he goes down fighting, puts in the effort like he gives a and is leaving it all out on the floor no one is going to fault him for losing to GSW. Lebron has moments where you can entertain him being the GOAT and then he has times where he leaves you scratching your head. He was basically playing those Finals with house money and still found a way to Charlie Brown the situation. The injury announcement and LeCast was just the icing on the sundae

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I really don't know how to judge the legacy of KD at this point? He has basically manufactured 2 ring for himself by joining this ready made crew that did NOT really need him. He was close in OKC to getting it done but failed. He took the easy road to greatness.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You have to put this stuff in context though. No one expected the Cavs to beat the Warriors and that's what makes it worse. I said before the series that Lebron had a "get out of jail free" card similar to 2015 and could play pressure-free. And somehow he still found a way to up in the final minutes of games that were winnable. This was a guy that was guarded down the stretch one on one by Curry, dribbles for 10+ seconds, passes the ball to Tristan Thompson covered by Draymond Green with 5 seconds left on the shot clock and says "bail me out Tristan, I can't score over this 6 foot hobbit eight feet from the rim". Then dude goes down on the other end with the season on the line and says "Rodney, I'm going to duck under this half-ass screen by the same hobbit I can't shoot over, you go take KD and stop him even though he's been torching us the whole game". No one is asking him to beat the Warriors but people are simply asking him to TRY. If he goes down fighting, puts in the effort like he gives a and is leaving it all out on the floor no one is going to fault him for losing to GSW. Lebron has moments where you can entertain him being the GOAT and then he has times where he leaves you scratching your head. He was basically playing those Finals with house money and still found a way to Charlie Brown the situation. The injury announcement and LeCast was just the icing on the sundae
    Damn hit, well said.
    Chuck, cwebb etc admit they arent champs ...but wanted more fight in the end ...dude had a great series numbers wise, but some of the same complaints about leadership and the way he closes reared its ugly head ...despite that his top 5 place is secured ...but to be GOAT we needed more.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-09-2018 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he and shaq greatest specimens i ever seen David Robinson right behind them ...
    Agreed. Would put Hakeem and Magic in that list too

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed. Would put Hakeem and Magic in that list too
    Those two were great because what they could do at their position.
    HAkeem had the best "feet" of any center/PF
    Magic had the height and size at PG which allowed him to survey the floor (along with great vision)

Shaq David and Lebron were not built like normal men ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby being Top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team success is part of the narrative not the whole story.
    For me great players lead a playoff run ... but to win it all you need a good to great cast depending on how great you are or your opponent is I get that.
    but even factoring all of that 3-6 is tough in the GOAT debate i can accept that over Mamba, duncan Bird etc cuz the numbers and what he has done with less even in a ty east has been amazing ...and before he broke his hand stupidly ...he may have been having the greatest playoff performance ever.

he is in my top 5 ...but to leap kareem and mj ..
    he needs at least two more I am sorry.

Even if he shocks world and chooses lakers i would feel the same. And i actually prefer lebrons playstyle (except when he plays slow ball) over Jordan/Achilles too ...
    You think Lebron didn't lead the playoff runs in the last 8-9 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy put up 51/8/8 ,how did he NOT try?

The injury announcement is total wuss though, I agree. But that is today's NBA, a bunch of mentally soft players who depend on their mamas to stand up for them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You think Lebron didn't lead the playoff runs in the last 8-9 years?
    Never said that he been to finals 8 straight and 9 out of 10, 11 years ...
    I'm just saying the higher up thelist you go FOR ME rings even if it is ateam accomplishment matters more.
    Don't meant if you Horry Fisher, Salley or kerr.

Means a whole lot if you Reggie, Karl or chuck.

Means a a lot agian if you in the GOAT convo Kareem, MJ, LeBron (Russell and Wilt too but that is before my time)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just saying the higher up thelist you go FOR ME rings even if it is ateam accomplishment matters more.
    Don't meant if you Kirby, Horry Fisher, Salley or kerr.

Means a a lot agian if you in the GOAT convo Kareem, MJ, LeBron (Russell and Wilt too but that is before my time)
    FIFY

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Comparing Horry to the likes of Kobe, Fisher, Salley and Kerr is an insult to Horry, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not 1 , not 2, not 3 , not 4, not 5, not 6 finals losses. You reap what you sow for that Miami move. Lebron is ass, and quit again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is lebron even top 50 anymore ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth nukes...

It's not like the warriors consistently sent hard doubles at him when Curry was on him. He was dribbling around quite a bit and could've easily taken a turnaround each time the way KD did.

Also, for all of his greatness, LeBron is still just an average 1 on 1 player because of his inconsistent outside shot (and even more due to his inconsistent confidence in it). He never really got the two dribble pull-up completely down

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hit

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post, and even with all of that, hes still better than kd. Sad nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron already proved his mettle. These are bonus years. The only finals losses i judge him poorly for are 2012 and 2018. 2015 showed he was the best player in the league with a phenomenal performance in a loss. The finals records count against them but only a fool would deny he's been the best player in most finals losses.

On another note, unless kd wins as the undisputed alpha, how can you place him above Malone and drob who put up huge careers as team alpha. Are rings really that big a deal¿ because Durant hasn't been the true mvp of many series and his okc teams were not much less talented than the 1990s spurs

Now if he weren't a baby, if he had the drive of kobe or mj, he has the talent to be goat, but he doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't meant if you Horry Fisher, Salley or kerr.

But therein lies the question - why?

Jordan clearly had better teammates during his six rings. His team won two less games and made the second round with him playing baseball with Pippen finishing third in mvp voting. Lebron never had anything close to that level of supporting cast even when he was with Miami. Those bulls teams were perfectly constructed with great interior and perimeter defense with Great outside shooting.

The cavs got three first picks in four years after lebron left the first time. Miami stunk after lebron left. Guess how cavs would do the next year. I’m sure they won’t be winning 55 and make the second round.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron already proved his mettle. These are bonus years. The only finals losses i judge him poorly for are 2012 and 2018. 2015 showed he was the best player in the league with a phenomenal performance in a loss. The finals records count against them but only a fool would deny he's been the best player in most finals losses.

On another note, unless kd wins as the undisputed alpha, how can you place him above Malone and drob who put up huge careers as team alpha. Are rings really that big a deal¿ because Durant hasn't been the true mvp of many series and his okc teams were not much less talented than the 1990s spurs

Now if he weren't a baby, if he had the drive of kobe or mj, he has the talent to be goat, but he doesn't.
    Judge durant if thompson leaves, then you will see what his true value is

Thread Information