Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said it in the practice videos. You can go watch it on spurs.com. It wasn't a knock on anybody, just the facts. Westbrook hasn't had to expend any energy on the defensive side of the ball the last 2 series going against a 40 year old and two scrubs.
    He never says what the headline says. Which is blackboard/ iness material. "We're more aggressive than Dallas/LAL is at PG and want to make Russ work" is not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going against CP3 beats the out of going against a 40 year old Jason Kidd and Ramon Sessions/Steve Blake. That's what Tony was getting at. Tony also said that Westbrook is a lot more aggressive than CP3.
    I catch your point DT but we can make a case for westbrook being a tougher matchup for parker because westbrook in iso is a more of a nightmare than cp3 due to his athleticism. He can basically rise up over parker for nearly uncontested shots. But to your point parker has faced way stiffer comp thus far in conley and cp3 than sessioons and kidd.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if this article happened without the FO approval. This seems so contrary to how the FO works. My plan was to bait RW into a shoot out...this would play right into that. I'm going to say brilliant move for the moment until we know more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never says what the headline says. Which is blackboard/ iness material. "We're more aggressive than Dallas/LAL is at PG and want to make Russ work" is not.
    Yep.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parkers statements were not taken outta context, but seriously over blown... Parkers not calling him out. He's just stating the obvious.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Parker is really badass this season

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not like. Don't add fuel to the fire, Tony.
    To adapt a quote from 'Lil Wayne, "Tony don't go around fire expectin' not to sweat."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Yahoo made up that story and TP didn't say that .
    My goodness, you all are a bunch of pussies, afraid about what Parker said or might have said. And yesterday's posts from ST members squeamish about positive press when the Spurs were compared to the '80s Celtics. Here's a tip:

Grow a pair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the swagger from Tony. Now to back that up. I think hanging out with Stephen Jackson is rubbing off on Tony. Even though Jax has played lately ever since he joined the team he's added the 'swagger factor' which seems to be contagious. It's good . Just back your words up and play like your the best PG in the NBA Mr Parker.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Neither has Parker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My goodness, you all are a bunch of pussies, afraid about what Parker said or might have said. And yesterday's posts from ST members squeamish about positive press when the Spurs were compared to the '80s Celtics. Here's a tip:

Grow a pair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's about the most obvious statement one can make. The corpse of Kidd and Ramon Sessions aren't even in the same galaxy of Parker. I don't really understand what offense Westbrook could take to that comment.

And, tbh, if Westbrook wants to react by shooting more and passing less to Durant, that's fine.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither has Parker...
    I think Paul is a better point guard than brook..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Would you also be angry if Tony said, "Kobe won't score 30+ on us", and goaded Kobe into jacking up 35+ terrible shots to attempt to prove him wrong?

The more Westbrook forces up shots the better imo. He'd be taking possessions away from Harden and more importantly away from Durant. I'd prefer that tbh. Maybe he'll charge more too.

Neither has Parker...
    Chris Paul is better than Russell Westbrook. Paul got shut down, BIGTIME. Before you even think to mention "played hurt", Paul himself said it wasn't serious and didn't effect his game at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grow a pair.

Why be so scared. Prove that on the floor. More often than not our guys do it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes Parker is damn right

TP will show westbrook what a top PG is

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Would you also be angry if Tony said, "Kobe won't score 30+ on us", and goaded Kobe into jacking up 35+ terrible shots to attempt to prove him wrong?

The more Westbrook forces up shots the better imo. He'd be taking possessions away from Harden and more importantly away from Durant. I'd prefer that tbh. Maybe he'll charge more too.

Chris Paul is better than Russell Westbrook. Paul got shut down, BIGTIME. Before you even think to mention "played hurt", Paul himself said it wasn't serious and didn't effect his game at all.
    Paul's good but not as explosive as Westbrook. Paul also looks to get his team involved more while Westbrook is needed to score for the Thunder.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither has Parker...
    Yeah, right. At Westbrook's age, Parker already had 2 rings and had gone toe to toe with both Kidd and Payton in the playoffs (among others). Just sayin'

Lebron does the work of three men: Larry, Curly and Moe FreeMad Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna come down to experience. OKC beat up on some weaker teams which is what they were expected to do. Playing SA will definitley be a different experience for their whole team. We shouldn't take them lightly, but we definitly shouldn't being shaking in our boots either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe people think the front office is behind Parker saying something like this.

This wasn't even controversial, but it's like some of you have never listened to a Tony Parker interview before. The guy is very candid and pretty damn honest.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both will cancel each other out. next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a topic on first take today. I wouldn't be surprised if tony was told to put a little fire under westbrooks ass. Skip made a great point that Westbrook could definitely be getting baited to try and "prove himself" in a battle with tony. He will put up 30 shots while KD only shoots 20. Playing right into our hands. Taking this even a step further...He's called CIA pop for a reason and we will NEVER know, but that could have come from Pop. Westbrook is fueled by his emotion and Pop is smart enough to use that against him. But if that's true, nobody will ever know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you listened the postgame interview with tnt and westbrook
    westrook said mentailly he would and hten harden and durrant would have to play tough
    he then said they won several games in a row have not lost in awhile
    spurs may not be thinking about the streak but the other teams are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    experience is not the reason spurs will beat them
    lakers had more experience then thunder but lost

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Green plays him and Parker hides out on Sefalosha.
    That's what I was thinking too. Now, I would imagine Westbrook will most certainly shadow Parker on the defensive end. If so, he will have his hands full.

Thread Information