View Poll Results: Should a Running Back with 4 games less than 100 yards be a legit Heisman choice ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 17.24%
  • No

5 17.24%
  • In this case yes

19 65.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    ...How many people here actually went to Texas?....

I got a better question. How many people have actually had (Insert Any school here) as their #1 team since they were in elementary school & don't cheer for that team just because Mommy & Daddy made them go there?

Anybody can say they are a fan of (insert any school here) but were you cheering & crying over that team since you were 7yo?

That's what I thought.

Texas A&M >> t.u. TexasAggie2005's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I got a better question. How many people have actually had (Insert Any school here) as their #1 team since they were in elementary school & don't cheer for that team just because Mommy & Daddy made them go there?

Anybody can say they are a fan of (insert any school here) but were you cheering & crying over that team since you were 7yo?

That's what I thought.
    I've been an A&M fan (and a Notre Dame fan, coincidentally) since I was a kid. I have no way of proving that to you, but you can be a man and take my word for it. I don't know that I was crying when the Ags lost (which actually didn't happen much in the '90s), but I definitely grew up an Ag. I went to school where I wanted, I payed for it and my parents had no impact on the decision. My dad didn't even go to college, why would he make me go to A&M?

I also don't see how any of that is anywhere near as relevant as where you actually went to school, but whatever floats your boat.

Post Count
    I have no way of proving that to you, but you can be a man and take my word for it.

So, if someone doesn't believe you they're not a man?
    Has that EVER worked?

You can be a MAN & apologize or you can prove yourself not a man & do otherwise.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So, if someone doesn't believe you they're not a man?
    Has that EVER worked?

You can be a MAN & apologize or you can prove yourself not a man & do otherwise.
    What the are you talking about? I have nothing to apologize for.

If you don't believe me when I say something about my own life, yes, you're not being a man, you're being a petty little kid. It's cool to question an opinion, but not believing me when I say something about myself is ridiculous.

Post Count

Post Count
    So your logic states:
    ---------------------
    In order to be a man you must believe whatever anyone tells you?

Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So your logic states:
    ---------------------

My logic states: That it's pointless in an argument for you to question me when I tell you something that only I would know the answer to and that the mature thing to do would be to accept my word that it's truthful. Interpret that however you want. Or learn how to read. I don't really care which.

Post Count
    at you has become too easy the way you make an ass of yourself.
    You do this to yourself.

Post Count
    So your logic states:
    ---------------------

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    at your four thousand smiley faces and inability to read or intelligently post. Are you purposely acting stupid and baiting me into looking like an ass or are you really this dumb?

P.S. I really hate how you hijack every thread and turn it into your personal slapping fight. I'd rather discuss why Reggie Bush deserves (or doesn't deserve) the Heisman.

Post Count
    Dude, read your own post(s).

Now read it again.

A 3rd time please.

NOW can you see how silly, childish & senseless your logic is?

Post Count

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Enlighten me. Apparently I'm a dumbass, I still have no clue what the you're talking about.

Post Count
    What the are you talking about? I have nothing to apologize for.

If you don't believe me when I say something about my own life, yes, you're not being a man, you're being a petty little kid. It's cool to question an opinion, but not believing me when I say something about myself is ridiculous.
    I'll use this post as an example.
    The BOLD portion leads one to assume that there are no liars or people who tell untruths. NOT to say that you're one but if anyone takes everything that they're told at face value they prob not all there mentally.

Let me ask you a serious question, do YOU believe everything, everyone, tells you about themselves ALL the time? Per your post, your answer should be YES.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'll use this post as an example.
    The BOLD portion leads one to assume that there are no liars or people who tell untruths. NOT to say that you're one but if anyone takes everything that they're told at face value they prob not all there mentally.

Let me ask you a serious question, do YOU believe everything, everyone, tells you about themselves ALL the time? Per your post, your answer should be YES.
    Per my post, it serves no purpose for you to question it, because a debate about whether you believe what I tell you about myself can never be settled and serves no purpose. You're free to not believe it if you want, but you arguing it wouldn't accomplish anything.

Post Count
    You didn't answer the question.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You didn't answer the question.
    No, of course I don't believe everything people say about themselves. Don't be an ass. But I'm not going to start an argument about your personal history with you on the Internet. When I say you should believe me, I'm just saying it's pointless to start that argument, because I figured you were going to.

Post Count
    I never said the diehard fans jumped off the bandwagon. I said most of the fans jumped off the bandwagon when SC sucked, but not the diehard ones, pretty much by definition. You're sorta proving my point that there aren't going to be many long term SC fans on here.
    dude, i am not attacking you. relax. i didn't prove your point right. i actually said that your logic as to why you believe there are no old sc fans is flawed. why would sc fans visit this board? meaning that this board is not the appropriate measure for how many old sc fans (not just diehards) exist.
    Last edited by KewlKat00; 11-24-2005 at 02:22 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I gotta give it to him, tha dude is bad ass and won games for USC. If it wasn't for Reggie Bush, USC would of probably lost against Fresno St.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    dude, i am not attacking you. relax. i didn't prove your point right. i actually said that your logic as to why you believe there are no old sc fans is flawed. why would sc fans visit this board? meaning that this board is not the appropriate measure for how many old sc fans (not just diehards) exist.
    ???

I'm neither attacking you, nor upset, so I don't really follow. I agree, there aren't going to be as many SC fans here because it's a board based on something in Texas. But there are plenty of fake SC fans (even in Texas). It's just that most of those are bandwagon fans, which is part of why you're not going to see many "true" USC fans who have followed the team through the years it sucked.

It goes without saying that the overall number of SC fans is going to be reduced because Spurs fans generally aren't also Trojans. That number is further limited when you eliminate bandwagon fans though.

Post Count
    I agree, there aren't going to be as many SC fans here because it's a board based on something in Texas. But there are plenty of fake SC fans (even in Texas). It's just that most of those are bandwagon fans, which is part of why you're not going to see many "true" USC fans who have followed the team through the years it sucked.
    first off, if you know any sc fans (bandwagon or not) in texas let me know because i sure haven't met any...

but just because there are alot of bandwagon fans doesn't mean that there aren't alot of real fans out there. maybe there's just a decent number of both, even if you haven't come in contact with them. if you went to california you would probably see more real fans than bandwagon fans, whereas the fans far away (without any connection) are probably going to be bandwagon fans 7 times out of 10. there isn't even an alumni club in san antonio (back to what i explained about the changing dynamic of usc). i think in 10 years there could be a club here.

now, if you're talking about the girl who writes for espn... she is annoying as ... the school newspaper even makes fun of her.

Thread Information