Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really have short memory. Tim Duncan had planar fasciitis in 2006. You don't lose a 7 game series in one play. Plus if not for Manu, we're not in position to win that game anyways (he nailed a huge trey the play before to give us the first lead in the game). Without Manu, that series doesn't make it to 7 games.

In 2007 he was huge when it mattered. He single handledy won us a game in Utah on the road. He and Oberto finished off the Cavs at the end of the championship game.

In 2008 he was also instrumental in winning the Suns series (with his penetration, and winning basket against the pivotal double OT game 1), and against the Hornets on the road for game 7. Not to mention he carried us pretty much the entire regular season.

If you want to hate just for hating, go ahead. But get your right before you start making a fool out of yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since the 2005 PO where manu was great and a big part of our le and arguably a finals MVP:

2006 PO: killed us with the famous foul on Dirk
    2007 PO: overall really average: 16.7 ppg at only 40 % FG
    2008 PO: hurt and hampered so useless at best, if not hurting his own team

Manu REALLY NEEDS to be good these PO or it will be four straight years, for different reasons, of disappointing PO performances for him.

Obviously, Manu played out of his mind in 2005. But he was damn good in the playoffs in both 2006 and 2007. Last year is the only year since 2005 that Manu didn't play well enough for the Spurs to win a championship.

The Dirk foul, non-pass to Horry and missed layup all hurt but the Spurs didn't get eliminated by that alone. If the Spurs had anyone to defend Dirk, Manu was pulling more than enough weight.

I realize Spurs fans are a fickle bunch but jumping off the Manu bandwagon now doesn't make much sense. Diminishing his past accomplishments makes even less sense.

For all the blood and sweat Manu has given this team over the years, there's no reason for a Spurs fan to be unappreciative. I, for one, am excited about Manu's eventual return and can't wait to see a fresh Manu take out his frustrations on opponents in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving an extension to Ginobili this summer would be quite a gamble given his health trouble. I doubt Spurs will take that gamble given their great cap situation in 2010.
    Spurs best interest is to take the safest route and to wait what Manu do in 2009-2010 before signing him to a new contract. I call it the safest route because the risk to lose Manu in the 2010 FA is extremely low. Teams with cap space won't spend it on a 33 years old Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu needs to help take the pressure off of tp and duncan this playoff seriers
    he can be quiet in playoffs
    the lakers he ing better go off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For all the blood and sweat Manu has given this team over the years, there's no reason for a Spurs fan to be unappreciative. I, for one, am excited about Manu's eventual return and can't wait to see a fresh Manu take out his frustrations on opponents in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No extensions. The CBA may change in 2010. Why should the Spurs give Ginobili an extension when you know you can make a lowball offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't really believe some opinions here bashing Manu after all the things he's given to Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn some "fans" are some ingrate bunch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving an extension to Ginobili this summer would be quite a gamble given his health trouble. I doubt Spurs will take that gamble given their great cap situation in 2010.
    Spurs best interest is to take the safest route and to wait what Manu do in 2009-2010 before signing him to a new contract. I call it the safest route because the risk to lose Manu in the 2010 FA is extremely low. Teams with cap space won't spend it on a 33 years old Ginobili.
    i agree with this. contract extension talks should be on hold indefinitely. any future contract that's not a pay cut would be a shaky gamble on ginobili's health. with duncan's body finally breaking down, can the spurs really afford a $10+ million on another player whose health would also be questionable? spurs FO should aggressively pursue a replacement for the big 3 in 2010 and have ginobili as a second or third option if they fail. if offering ginobili less money means ginobili leaving, then he has the right to do so. the coming years will be focused on how to give duncan the best chance to win championships, not ginobili. it's not saying the spurs aren't thankful for ginobili's help over the past years, it's saying the spurs are more thankful for duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    /It is not about being ungrateful, it is just the business side of things for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't really believe some opinions here bashing Manu after all the things he's given to Spurs...
    he has done nothing except for not doing what spurs who are paying him suggested he do not do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gino will take a pay cut. It isn't about the cash for him. It's about winning and that's what makes him a true Spur.
    is that why he visited denver last time he was a fa?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spur fans know the cap and know that spurs can only pay so much a year
    they want a le
    they also know manu is making alot of money
    spurs can not go sign someone to replace him when he is hurt
    spurs are greedy they want tles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since the 2005 PO where manu was great and a big part of our le and arguably a finals MVP:

Manu REALLY NEEDS to be good these PO or it will be four straight years, for different reasons, of disappointing PO performances for him.
    This is a ridiculous take. You're so biased it's disgusting.

In 2006, there wouldn't have been a Game 7 vs. Dallas if not for how Manu played in Game 6 on the road. He had 30 points and carried the team (when Tony sucked that game, I might add). In game 7, it was his three that gave the team a lead in the first place. If the ref just called an obvious fall on Dirk for pushing Tim on that rebound at the end, we win the game if Tim makes either one of two free throws with no time left.

In 2007 Manu was our best player in the wins over the Suns in Games 3, 5, and 6. We don't win that Game 5 on the road, where we were down 15 or something at half, without a big second half from Manu. In the Conference Finals against Utah, it was Manu who went to the line again and again and again to bring the Spurs back in that game and ensure that we wouldn't go to game 5 tied 2-2. In the Finals Manu played very well in three of the four games. He didn't win Finals MVP, so you choose to forget his performance. He even led the team in scoring in Game 4, the clinching game.

In 2008 all you remember is the Lakers series, but you ignore that the Spurs wouldn't have even gotten past the Hornets without Manu playing well. He led the team in scoring (21 ppg) and assists (6 apg). Not too useless.

Take your hatred somewhere else. Without Manu this team goes nowhere and thankfully most of the board is smart enough to realize it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spur fans know the cap and know that spurs can only pay so much a year
    they want a le
    they also know manu is making alot of money
    spurs can not go sign someone to replace him when he is hurt
    spurs are greedy they want tles
    I know I want me some tles. Good thing I have a girlfriend for when the Spurs aren't on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obviously, Manu played out of his mind in 2005. But he was damn good in the playoffs in both 2006 and 2007. Last year is the only year since 2005 that Manu didn't play well enough for the Spurs to win a championship.

The Dirk foul, non-pass to Horry and missed layup all hurt but the Spurs didn't get eliminated by that alone. If the Spurs had anyone to defend Dirk, Manu was pulling more than enough weight.

I realize Spurs fans are a fickle bunch but jumping off the Manu bandwagon now doesn't make much sense. Diminishing his past accomplishments makes even less sense.

Bravo TimVP!
    If the Spurs let him go, I would hate to face him playing against one of the west coast rivals.
    Last edited by mytespurs; 03-15-2009 at 07:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bravo TimVP! :thumbsup

If the Spurs let him go, I would hate to face him playing against one of the west coast rivals.
    if he is hurt and it it is in the postseason
    he would never be 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well said...how can a guy who has done this much for the organization both on and off the court get so much disrespect from people that claim to be fans...
    they're not fans. They're ze French.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu needs to help take the pressure off of tp and duncan this playoff seriers
    he can be quiet in playoffs
    the lakers he ing better go off
    Ok, so you're saying unless he plays out of his mind against the Lakers, you're gonna bash him, and even if he does play well and the Spurs win another le, well it's no big deal, you won't give him any credit at all because he's just doing what he's supposed to and he should still take a huge paycut because of his injuries.

So we're clear then? Cool.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a ridiculous take. You're so biased it's disgusting.

In 2006, there wouldn't have been a Game 7 vs. Dallas if not for how Manu played in Game 6 on the road. He had 30 points and carried the team (when Tony sucked that game, I might add). In game 7, it was his three that gave the team a lead in the first place. If the ref just called an obvious fall on Dirk for pushing Tim on that rebound at the end, we win the game if Tim makes either one of two free throws with no time left.

In 2007 Manu was our best player in the wins over the Suns in Games 3, 5, and 6. We don't win that Game 5 on the road, where we were down 15 or something at half, without a big second half from Manu. In the Conference Finals against Utah, it was Manu who went to the line again and again and again to bring the Spurs back in that game and ensure that we wouldn't go to game 5 tied 2-2. In the Finals Manu played very well in three of the four games. He didn't win Finals MVP, so you choose to forget his performance. He even led the team in scoring in Game 4, the clinching game.

In 2008 all you remember is the Lakers series, but you ignore that the Spurs wouldn't have even gotten past the Hornets without Manu playing well. He led the team in scoring (21 ppg) and assists (6 apg). Not too useless.

Take your hatred somewhere else. Without Manu this team goes nowhere and thankfully most of the board is smart enough to realize it.
    kace LOVES to forget when he's trying to make a point...

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a French thing. Its a homer thing. Everybody's got them, and kace and ducks are among the biggest in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy I don't know you but GTFOH !

Kace is French and he is expressing a personnal opinion an idiot one for me but this is his opinion. let the French out of this , Kace is not representative of the French he is representative of himself.

I'm French and you know what ? I am also a big fan of Manu, for me there is nothing wrong for playing for his country, his injury is just bad luck. All spurs fans should be grateful to have Manu in the team I hope he will retire as a spur, I also whish him the HOF and at least another ring with the spurs oh and I hope the spurs will give him a contract extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Manu will heal up fine and be back sometime in early April or for last 10 games or so. Hopefully he will find his rhythm and fragile confidence and not be the spazz that he was early this year and in last year's playoffs. I think when he is injured or not 100% he is far more erratic. I appreciate everything he has done for the Spurs. I think his injuries have been rather unusual and not the usual body breakdown type of injuries which are usually knees and back. I hope Spurs sign him on the cheap.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dude chill we know u hav a hardon for TP, doesnt mean manu dint do nething for us. I could bring up the similar statistics for TP. The point is none of the big 3 play for "stats". So u cant jus say manu did not score, pop runs a tight ship and controls who scores and who does what. If it were abt stats, manu cud put up obscene numbers, so cud tp so could tim and we wud have our own version of rockets, where at one point, tmac, artest and yao chucked shots all over the place. Try to understand the spurs philosophy and enjoy the wonderfully orchestrated show that pop puts on for us year after year. Manu will defintely get a chance to prove himself, and if he doesnt perform this year, he will be the first to take a pay cut (the big 3 are prob the most underpaid big three in all of sports) and relegate himself to a brent barry type role or a michael finley role. He is going to retire a spur, and we should be thankful, so please open your eyes, and keep your hate to yourself.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude that's pretty harsh. Manu has helped this team in numerous ways including winning Championships. You remember his drives when no one else wanted to get punished. Give the guy a chance to come back and help us in the playoffs before you disregard him like that.

If you have DVD of the Spurs Championship when manu played, you should check him out and then ask yourself if we could have done it without him. He was an integral part of the puzzle. This latest injury is 100% recoverable. He'll be back. Have some faith in a team (and Manu) that has helped bring this city more Championships than any small market ever is supposed to win.
    well put i agree 100%.

Thread Information