Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My question is, how the is this a point-center? How can he play point guard. this guys is a tank, he has slow lateral movements. i know he was more effective in phoenix, but i never imagine this guy handling the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gots now dissing Diaw after praising him before the OKC series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about Diaw? The refs stole the game. Thanks for tainting, NBA (Crawford)!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw is a nice rotation big, but shouldn't be your second best big.

Definitely worth keeping around and he played very well in the first two playoff series.

Fit in very well despite being added to the team and rotation late in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all frenchies need to be traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares about Diaw? The refs stole the game. Thanks for tainting, NBA (Crawford)!
    Funny thing is Crawford was relatively good, now Kennedy & Mott were just plain awful.

As for Diaw I'd thing he's suited as being a big who comes off the bench, but I really get annoyed by him trying to drive instead of taking open 3's. He can pass in the interior I have no problem with that but driving to the lane?...c'mon man!

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw should not be the #2 big on any contender. If you're looking for an athletic, shot-blocking, or scoring big than Diaw is not your guy. He fits well into the Spurs system, he just won't be a reliable scoring option because that's his play style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the question to ask is whether we make it to the WCF without Diaw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right.
    But it's also right that we should have something better as a second big.
    Lorbek can be this, on the offensive side.
    An improved (by full training camp) Splitter can be this on the defensive side.
    If we can sign both Diaw and Lorbek with the mle, we could have a more than decent front line next year with six men all capable to play during the regular season (add Blair and Bonner that are already under contract), and four of them in the play offs.
    Diaw can take all Bonner minutes in the play offs and his role like the designated three point shooter : at this stage of his career, that's the best fit for him and the training camp should be pointed on improving this skill.
    Imho he can became a Bonner with a so much better defensive and offensive potential.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My question is, how the is this a point-center? How can he play point guard. this guys is a tank, he has slow lateral movements. i know he was more effective in phoenix, but i never imagine this guy handling the ball
    He led the break for us multiple times and has better passing than anyone on the time barring very arguably Manu. But he's not a center, so point forward is more accurate actually.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right.
    No Splitter can't be, highly hackable, can't pass quite as well, can't spread the floor for Tim and TP and can't even defend better than Boris...

If we can sign both Diaw and Lorbek with the mle, we could have a more than decent front line next year with six men all capable to play during the regular season (add Blair and Bonner that are already under contract), and four of them in the play offs.
    Diaw can take all Bonner minutes in the play offs and his role like the designated three point shooter : at this stage of his career, that's the best fit for him and the training camp should be pointed on improving this skill.
    Imho he can became a Bonner with a so much better defensive and offensive potential.
    Tim most likely won't play as well next year, if Tim doesn't dominate do we really have a shot at anything?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gots now dissing Diaw after praising him before the OKC series
    Yup, lol at the idiots asking to trade him, he's a free agent and can go wherever he ing wants. We only made it as far as we did thanks to him, he singlehandedly change the Lakers miniseries (with Tim's defense on Bynum) at the end of the season, making us a true contender. For the minimum. Won't happen again. We won't have Green and Diaw for nothing next year so we're unlikely to be as strong unless Lorbek turns out to be much better than what he looks right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw should not be the #2 big on any contender. If you're looking for an athletic, shot-blocking, or scoring big than Diaw is not your guy. He fits well into the Spurs system, he just won't be a reliable scoring option because that's his play style.
    He should be the starting Small Forward ideally. Green walks, Kawhi plays the 2. We get way taller and a bit better defensively. Assuming he gets in great shape, which is a BIG if. But that's about the only thing that could make me really excited about next season.

I want to see something bold from Pop next season, if not why even bother. Unless Lorbek turns out to be Dirk 2.0 it's stupid to think he alone will make enough of a difference.
    Last edited by Paranoid Pop; 06-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Splitter can't be, highly hackable, can't pass quite as well, can't spread the floor for Tim and TP and can't even defend better than Boris...

He was a something like 70 % free trhrow shooter before coming in nba...not not so highly hackable if he just play a bit more and gains confidence. Has shown he's a more than decent passer (obviously not like Diaw, but that's Diaw main skill). Has been a more than decent defender. And ok he didn't abnd will never spread the floor, but the point is that when he'll be paired with Tim that's gonna be Tim role to shoot from outside.

Tim most likely won't play as well next year, if Tim doesn't dominate do we really have a shot at anything?
    That's true...but you add Lorbek and we'll have a shot in hope he shows he can be at a second level big.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he wasn't any type of difference maker and the Spurs still get past Utah and the clippers without him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he wasn't any type of difference maker and the Spurs still get past Utah and the clippers without him.
    No because he helped Tim like no one on the team could and posted some ridiculous statlines, he also played great D on Griffin for most of the series. He was indeed a difference maker.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No because he helped Tim like no one on the team could and posted some ridiculous statlines, he also played great D on Griffin for most of the series. He was indeed a difference maker.
    Disagree. Spurs still win both of those series easily.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say we keep him for defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O we lost because everyone kept tossing the ball around like a hot potato! No one had the balls to take a shot what we need is someone who can do both score and defend and that would be Lobrek. He is not a great defender but he can hold his own and can be one of the main scorers in the second unit.

Diaw and Splitter don't score but play decent defense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need Boris. Might run into Dirk next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    against what timvp calls one of the greatest payoff teams the spurs have ever faced.
    Freudian slip?

That Game 6 was some serious bull .
    Kobe Durant type fertilizer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dollars for Diaw: A Spurs’ equation
    Posted on June 10, 2012 at 12:04 am by Buck Harvey in Boris Diaw

Column by Buck Harvey

Before the series with the Thunder, here is what one Spurs’ staffer thought was the best way to keep Boris Diaw:

Win.

Give Diaw both a ring and a sentimental reason to want to return.

After the series with the Thunder, here’s what another in the organization wonders:

Will anyone else want to commit big dollars to a guy who went scoreless in Game 6?

Keep reading: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...0%99-equation/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right.
    This sounds very hopeful. Does the money work? If Lorbek could come in and be productive in the NBA, Tiago spends some time with Englund, Diaw returns with his intelligence and skill, and we might have a front line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake the 3, drive into the lane, 360 spin, TO. Ad nauseum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake the 3, drive into the lane, 360 spin, TO. Ad nauseum.
    Never understood why he kept passing up shots and then driving into the paint with 3-4 thunder players. They were daring him to shoot, and worse off, he had made a couple of 3s in earlier games, so its not like his was facing some terrible shooting slump.

Baffles the mind.

Thread Information