Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade all our scraps for in return of drummond and okafor?

our big rotation
    duncan/lorbek
    oakafor/drummond

sign me up....get younger and start building the future around KL, Drummond....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our best hope is to take advantage of the Nets GM. That Wallace trade reeks of incompetence. We could maybe get a Deron Williams for Parker and a bench player when Williams refuses to resign. Of course can't happen if Williams doesn't want to come. But it'd be a great if Spurs could get him in a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our best hope is to take advantage of the Nets GM. That Wallace trade reeks of incompetence. We could maybe get a Deron Williams for Parker and a bench player when Williams refuses to resign. Of course can't happen if Williams doesn't want to come. But it'd be a great if Spurs could get him in a sign and trade.
    first he needs to sign that contract, i dont think his even worth max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard was an exception. Rookies who can be rotational players on serious le contenders are a rare breed. Would much rather find a trade to improve the team. Also, I would be very hesitant to deal Jack.

The most important thing to do this offseason is to not panic. Between international players the Spurs have rights to and Blair the Spurs have potential trade assets as well as new talent to add. A full training camp and season with Jack and Diaw in the rotation will help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't like that trade - Okafor is not a difference-maker, and you never know who'll be there at 10.

I think Mills is the perfect backup PG for us, and giving up Jax makes little sense when he's such a perfect fit. Unless we'd be getting someone like Josh Smith I want to keep Jax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard was an exception. Rookies who can be rotational players on serious le contenders are a rare breed. Would much rather find a trade to improve the team. Also, I would be very hesitant to deal Jack.

The most important thing to do this offseason is to not panic. Between international players the Spurs have rights to and Blair the Spurs have potential trade assets as well as new talent to add. A full training camp and season with Jack and Diaw in the rotation will help.
    if we can flip splitter/blailr/bonner/mills/green/anderson into a lottery pick....these 2 clowns wouldve been lottery picks the year they were drafted only to fall due to health or euro contracts...i still think they have value considering they are on dirt end contracts who can come in and contribute straight away instead of waiting developing a rookie

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Surely NO can get more for #10 that that? I just don't see that being the best offer they can get. I imagine plenty would be willing to take Okafors contract too
    Not many can take that contract, and allow complete salary relief after one season. NO saves like $27 M in salary if they cut Blair and Patty opts out. If they keep Blair and Patty opts in, they still save $25 M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs won't deal TP until TD retires, if ever anyways.

I expect that TD, Pop, and Manu will go out together and the rebuild will be on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many can take that contract, and allow complete salary relief after one season. NO saves like $27 M in salary if they cut Blair and Patty opts out. If they keep Blair and Patty opts in, they still save $25 M.
    trading them our bench already gives them a solid core of role players to play with as a unit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trading them our bench already gives them a solid core of role players to play with as a unit
    And we get a center that plays defense and a good draft pick. I don't understand why people don't like this deal. I love Jack, but he has one year left on his deal. Go rewatch Thabo driving to the lane for a dunk while four Spurs enjoy the view. A Thunder fan has it as a sig! Jeeez!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still not sure they do it, but if we trade Neal, Mills, Blair and Jax for Oka + 10 we end up with

Parker / ?
    Green / Ginobili
    Kawhi / ?
    Duncan / Diaw? / Bonner
    Okafor / Splitter

Not sure if I like it tbh, giving up Jax leaves us with no backup small forward and a lot of pressure on Kawhi, and if we are getting Okafor back then we probably wouldn't draft a young big with the 10, and it seems silly to take a SF when we already have Kawhi or a PG when Tony is our franchise player.

Maybe we take Henson with the #10 and don't resign Diaw and end up with an absolutle monster of a front line, and then try and sign someone like Andre Miller with the MLE as backup point. Still don't know where that leaves us at small forward though

The more I think about it, the less I like us trading away Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only ones I would include in a trading block, would be: Neal, Bonner, Anderson, Joseph and Blair, but the Spurs would only get DVD copy of "Gigli" and cd with Fran Drescher's best laughs.
    Post of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this team has gotten as close to another trophy as it can with the current roster make-up. Leonard would need to go god-mode next season for anything to change enough for us to win it all. I think trading Parker is a very viable option at this point if we can lock down a true facilitator via FA or in the trade.

The C's shop Rondo every off season. I would do a Parker for Rondo trade in a heartbeat.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I'm still not sure they do it, but if we trade Neal, Mills, Blair and Jax for Oka + 10 we end up with

Parker / ?
    Green / Ginobili
    Kawhi / ?
    Duncan / Diaw? / Bonner
    Okafor / Splitter

Not sure if I like it tbh, giving up Jax leaves us with no backup small forward and a lot of pressure on Kawhi, and if we are getting Okafor back then we probably wouldn't draft a young big with the 10, and it seems silly to take a SF when we already have Kawhi or a PG when Tony is our franchise player.

Maybe we take Henson with the #10 and don't resign Diaw and end up with an absolutle monster of a front line, and then try and sign someone like Andre Miller with the MLE as backup point. Still don't know where that leaves us at small forward though

The more I think about it, the less I like us trading away Jackson.
    If they want 10, they have somebody in mind. If you get Okafor, it's not a big. We'd have Tim, Oke, Splitter, likely Diaw and maybe Lorbek. The Spurs really don't distinguish between SF/SG, so a wing player could be on the menu, especially with Jack going out in trade. They might also be interested in Lillard as a groomable PG who will be cheap to pay until Tony is 34.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we can alaways throw in lorbek and betrans if we are not thinkn of bringin any of our farm players over, who would be better off having a chance of making the nba on some cash strapped team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want 10, they have somebody in mind. If you get Okafor, it's not a big. We'd have Tim, Oke, Splitter, likely Diaw and maybe Lorbek. The Spurs really don't distinguish between SF/SG, so a wing player could be on the menu, especially with Jack going out in trade. They might also be interested in Lillard as a groomable PG who will be cheap to pay until Tony is 34.
    The thing is that I don't think there is the value there to give up that much for #10 when we could try and get something in the 15-18 range without giving away Jax.

In fact, if Kyle O'Quinn doesn't get taken in the first round, I like trading for the Cavs 33 and 34 and taking O'Quinn and Bernard James. Two tall, long shot blockers

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The thing is that I don't think there is the value there to give up that much for #10 when we could try and get something in the 15-18 range without giving away Jax.

In fact, if Kyle O'Quinn doesn't get taken in the first round, I like trading for the Cavs 33 and 34 and taking O'Quinn and Bernard James
    I'm tired of the opposition layup drill when Tim is out of the game, which is more minutes on average every year. Oke fixes that. It's not just the 10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of the opposition layup drill when Tim is out of the game, which is more minutes on average every year. Oke fixes that. It's not just the 10 pick.
    Anyone who opposes getting Oke and the 10th pick for Jax, go watch "KDtrey" sig. Thabo drives to the middle of the lane and dunks while the Spurs seem "Thunderstruck!" If we don't do that deal, then we need a PF that can block shots, finish at the rim, hit the mid range shot, and has heart: Taj Gibson! You gotta give to recieve!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who opposes getting Oke and the 10th pick for Jax, go watch "KDtrey" sig. Thabo drives to the middle of the lane and dunks while the Spurs seem "Thunderstruck!" If we don't do that deal, then we need a PF that can block shots, finish at the rim, hit the mid range shot, and has heart: Taj Gibson! You gotta give to recieve!
    bulls will be looking at trading boozer first then lookin down the pecking order

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont believe we have any shot at the #10, but we can dream about trading Any combination (or most of) Blair, Splitter, Neal, Bonner or Mills with Jackson for Okafor and the 10. Doubt Drummond falls that far but Henson could be a defensive star. Henson, Okafor, Duncan and Diaw up front could be incredible.

Again though, I'm sure Hornets could get a much better deal than that
    A combination of them let alone one of them isn't worth a lottery pick.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    A combination of them let alone one of them isn't worth a lottery pick.
    Keep your eye on the ball. It's a late-ish lottery pick AND $25-27M in salary relief for N.O.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep your eye on the ball. It's a late-ish lottery pick AND $25-27M in salary relief for N.O.
    Who the would want to go to New Orleans? Small Market & it's a hole, imo the only way they build themselves into a contender is through the draft or possibly trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would give them manu before jack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i do not see any non playoff team wanting jack
    he would not try to play and cause problems

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if we do trade Jack, he could get bought out and come back.

Thread Information