Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    Comparing Suarez with Maradona
    Where did I compare them? I'm comparing the team morale not the players. Back to English class may help

Post Count

Where did I compare them? I'm comparing the team morale not the players. Back to English class may help
    Still.... the impact those player have/had to their teams is not even comparable IMO

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Even with Suarez I dont think Urube@ners would beat Colombe@nersTBH

However dont underestimate the motivation of a team that's playing against all odds; those Urube@ners will be tough to play against
    urube@aners are legit. Colombia played a group, so I see that match as a 50/50
    Btw what's the deal with forlan not getting minutes at all? He could really shoot in 2010.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Not surprising. Cannibalism was practiced in Uruguay until the white man came in and killed 99% of the natives. Obviously Suarez is a mix between the cannibal natives and the genocidal white folks
    HAHA is that true?

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    No one suggested Chielini was a saint...

Suarez's behaviour is inexcusable... 3 different times egregiously committing the same infraction... he's missing a few screws up in his noggin tbh...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    urube@aners are legit. Colombia played a group, so I see that match as a 50/50
    Btw what's the deal with forlan not getting minutes at all? He could really shoot in 2010.
    Saving his legs for the next round

With Suarez not playing the next game (I assume), the rest will come in handy

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    he's missing a few screws up in his noggin tbh...
    First one to see the light

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    First one to see the light
    nobody is disputing that tbh

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count

Veteran
    Post Count
    No one suggested Chielini was a saint...

Suarez's behaviour is inexcusable... 3 different times egregiously committing the same infraction... he's missing a few screws up in his noggin tbh...
    and no one is saying suarez is a saint, in fact i dislike him quite a bit precisely because he gets too caught up in bull instead of just playing. but every single game, players elbow each other, pull their hair, grab/hit each others nuts, punch each other, head butt each other away from the ball / without the ref seeing it, so why arent those acts of aggression (some of which are way more dangerous than a bite, possibly career ending) getting retroactively called? since the uruguay game this happened today, in the ecuador group thread i mistakenly thought it was sissoko, it was sakho:

how is this any different than what suarez did? or is it because its normal to elbow someone in the face?

and dont tell me its because suarez is repeating the same thing, central defenders (like chielini, or maybe especially him since he has broken another players legs before i dont think suarez has ever done that) punch and elbow several times a game. I know there is precedent with tassoti but since 1994 i can point at dozens upon dozens of such incidents. ANd what about flops! should they start video reviewing flops after the game?

ive seen people post here that suarez should be banned for life? have you people seen materazzi, van bommel, stam? were any of these butchers EVER suspended for something the ref didnt see? get a ing grip people

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    diego with the goods

Thanks for the support and perspective

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Veteran
    Post Count
    i would have posted before but i couldnt make a proper post on my phone , im tempted to post video after video of hits like these.

and yes, it is like the maradona situation-

maradona was given 15 months for cocaine use, the first player in history to be suspended for cocaine. then why has EVERY SINGLE PLAYER caught since then been given less (as low as 6 months in some cases (adrien mutu to be clear))?

then in 94 the whole ephedrine thing (over the counter drug in the US where the WC was played), 15 months suspension. but in mexico 86 a spanish player tested positive for the same, 1 game suspension. 1 game (named caldere look it up if you want). other cases, 6 months, 9 months, ETC ETC

but wait. efedrine and cocaine are hardly performance enhancing drugs. what about the dudes using nandrolone (steroid)? stam 5 months, davids less than 4, pep guardiola was given 4 months then absolved. The entire juventus team was doing EPO in the 90s (zidane, deschamps, del piero), no player suspended but the team doctor was given 22 months (WHAT A ING JOKE). then juventus again with cannavaro, no suspensions for him, 60 days for the team doctor.

but maradona taking efedrine and cocaine? 30 months total. hmm, was it because he was cheating, or because he was anti FIFA, anit capitalist, and defeating the favorites on every stage (juve and ac milan in italy, brazil and italy in the WC?)

suarez isnt anywhere near maradona but this witch hunt is 100% about uruguay eliminating england and italy, the same reason that 7 costa rica players were taken to drug test after the italy game. FIFA is a joke, everyone knows how disgusting they are but the love for the game ends up trumping everything...

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    i would have posted before but i couldnt make a proper post on my phone , im tempted to post video after video of hits like these.

and yes, it is like the maradona situation-

maradona was given 15 months for cocaine use, the first player in history to be suspended for cocaine. then why has EVERY SINGLE PLAYER caught since then been given less (as low as 6 months in some cases (adrien mutu to be clear))?

then in 94 the whole ephedrine thing (over the counter drug in the US where the WC was played), 15 months suspension. but in mexico 86 a spanish player tested positive for the same, 1 game suspension. 1 game (named caldere look it up if you want). other cases, 6 months, 9 months, ETC ETC

but wait. efedrine and cocaine are hardly performance enhancing drugs. what about the dudes using nandrolone (steroid)? stam 5 months, davids less than 4, pep guardiola was given 4 months then absolved. The entire juventus team was doing EPO in the 90s (zidane, deschamps, del piero), no player suspended but the team doctor was given 22 months (WHAT A ING JOKE). then juventus again with cannavaro, no suspensions for him, 60 days for the team doctor.

but maradona taking efedrine and cocaine? 30 months total. hmm, was it because he was cheating, or because he was anti FIFA, anit capitalist, and defeating the favorites on every stage (juve and ac milan in italy, brazil and italy in the WC?)

suarez isnt anywhere near maradona but this witch hunt is 100% about uruguay eliminating england and italy, the same reason that 7 costa rica players were taken to drug test after the italy game. FIFA is a joke, everyone knows how disgusting they are but the love for the game ends up trumping everything...
    disagree about it being a witch hunt. His past behaviour is what is doing him in IMO Kinda like Ron Artest and the whole Detroit brawl got him most games suspension. The only one to blame is him imo.

I think he did bite on purpose, its clear as day and deserves a banning. Do I want him banned? no. I wish he doesn't get banned and tries something on my Colombian berracos. he'll have to pick his teeth off the turf in that case.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    and no one is saying suarez is a saint, in fact i dislike him quite a bit precisely because he gets too caught up in bull instead of just playing. but every single game, players elbow each other, pull their hair, grab/hit each others nuts, punch each other, head butt each other away from the ball / without the ref seeing it, so why arent those acts of aggression (some of which are way more dangerous than a bite, possibly career ending) getting retroactively called? since the uruguay game this happened today, in the ecuador group thread i mistakenly thought it was sissoko, it was sakho:

how is this any different than what suarez did? or is it because its normal to elbow someone in the face?

and dont tell me its because suarez is repeating the same thing, central defenders (like chielini, or maybe especially him since he has broken another players legs before i dont think suarez has ever done that) punch and elbow several times a game. I know there is precedent with tassoti but since 1994 i can point at dozens upon dozens of such incidents. ANd what about flops! should they start video reviewing flops after the game?

ive seen people post here that suarez should be banned for life? have you people seen materazzi, van bommel, stam? were any of these butchers EVER suspended for something the ref didnt see? get a ing grip people
    Is this real life? I haven't seen so many red herring arguments in the past few days in defense of chomping another person.

When did you determine Sahko's elbow will not be reviewed? Any violent conduct not caught by the referee in-game is subject to review by FIFA after the game. Considering the Ecuadorian coach has lodged a public complaint and many news articles talking about it, FIFA will likely review it. The game just happened today, should it be addressed before Suarez's biting incident?

And that's silly to compare elbows, pushing, crashing in soccer to biting another person. You can accidentally elbow, or kick or push someone in soccer (or basketball, football, etc) - when these incidents that are deemed intentional or premeditated, they are punished when caught (during or after the game). There is no sport which allows violent conduct with intent. People get elbowed all the time in basketball; it can range from a common foul to a flagrant or suspension depending on intent.

You can't accidentally take a bite out of someone....that's why there's no grey area when someone does such insane behavior.

It must be different where I'm from but I haven't seen anyone around here trying to rationalize this tbh. Biting another person, repeatedly is looked at as abnormal behavior.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Is this real life? I haven't seen so many red herring arguments in the past few days in defense of chomping another person.

When did you determine Sahko's elbow will not be reviewed? Any violent conduct not caught by the referee in-game is subject to review by FIFA after the game. Considering the Ecuadorian coach has lodged a public complaint and many news articles talking about it, FIFA will likely review it. The game just happened today, should it be addressed before Suarez's biting incident?

And that's silly to compare elbows, pushing, crashing in soccer to biting another person. You can accidentally elbow, or kick or push someone in soccer (or basketball, football, etc) - when these incidents that are deemed intentional or premeditated, they are punished when caught (during or after the game). There is no sport which allows violent conduct with intent. People get elbowed all the time in basketball; it can range from a common foul to a flagrant or suspension depending on intent.

You can't accidentally take a bite out of someone....that's why there's no grey area when someone does such insane behavior.

It must be different where I'm from but I haven't seen anyone around here trying to rationalize this tbh. Biting another person, repeatedly is looked at as abnormal behavior.

My Team
    Spain
    Post Count
    Suarez is like Russell Westbrook, so unpredictable, so talented, tbh..

terrible loss for the WC

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    so FIFA hates Uruguay all of a sudden?

Uruguay is easily the 3rd most dominating power in CONMEBOL and its not even close

they want to eliminate us :

Veteran
    Post Count
    where did i say he didnt bite on purpose? are you saying that the elbow i posted was an accident?

this is a media witch hunt. past behavior? what about roy keane's past behavior? or graeme souness? oh right, they're brits, they're tough guys, "hard men". suspended for life? for a guy who did this and admitted he did it on purpose and ended his career?

3 match suspension, then 5 when he admitted it was intentional.

a little bite and people are talking two years or life suspension (especially brit media)? give me a ing break

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    this is a media witch hunt.
    the complete opposite. The only reason Suarez is not suspended already is because Uruguay is one of the most dominating forces in the corrupt CONMEBOL and FIFA.

Veteran
    Post Count

exactly, this is about biting, nothing else.

first, the sakho elbow will only be reviewed because the pandora's box has already been cracked open, but if you like we'll go back to 98, 2002, 2006 and 2010 (since the 94 precedent, no point looking further back) to look at all the elbows, headbutts and punches that werent given suspensions post game. You know they're there. THE ONLY INCIDENT ON RECORD REVIEWED AND PUNISHED IS THE 94 ELBOW, DO YOU REALLY THINK ITS THE ONLY ONE?

second, there are plenty of examples of intentional hits with significantly more dire consequences, like the aforementioned keane hit, where no one was asking for life suspension. keane got 8 games, if suarez gets half its a joke. are you going to argue it was his first time? or that he got a card in the moment so it was ok? but suarez should be suspended for life because he bites people? again, the amount of dirty cheap shot artist "defenders" who injured people and ended careers, not a peep, but a forward who bites people and people are asking for life suspensions?

show me where i said its ok for suarez to bite. if the ref had sent him off right there it would have been fine. But if you want to make these calls on video review, for a relatively harmless foul, perfect. Do the same for the head butts (accidental! ) and the punches and the groin and hair pulling- its all about intent right? you cant intentionally hurt people have you ever played a game of any contact sport in your life?? this happens all the time and FIFA is only now acting because biting is not how you are SUPPOSED to hurt people. Punch, head butt, even grab hair or tug on the nutsack, but bite? thats dirty, life ban!

Veteran
    Post Count
    it was so hard to find, had to go so faaar back!

but FIFA reviewed it and determined it wasnt a foul
    but van bommel doesnt have a history of doing that!
    but it wasnt intentional
    the bite affected the game / cup so much more!

Thread Information